Nissan Titan Forum banner

Squeaking in front end??

4K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Pops 
#1 ·
Every time my front suspension moves, like going over uneven ground, it squeaks and it is getting annoying. Anybody else have this problem. Maybe I could just grease it, but I have no clue where it is comming from. Thanks for the comments in advance.

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I have a squeaking problem too, at first I thought it was the suspension. But, the other day I got out of my truck and I was in the frontof it when my son shut his door. I found out it is the chrome grill. I wish there was a way to tighten it or something, it's annoying.

#4 ·
Pops said:
It should just be the front Stabilizer Bar Bushings inside the U-Brackets next to the skid plate edges. I've had this issue with past trucks and will be pulling mine off soon to grease. If you eventually want new bushings, they're really cheap from the dealer.

Part 54613 on this diagram: http://www.courtesyparts.com/betasite/armada-ta60-2004-2008/genuine-nissan-parts/axle-suspension/401-front-suspension/-c-1063_1064_1147_1149.html
So just take them off and grease them or put new bushings in and that will fix it??

#5 ·
husker1206 said:
So just take them off and grease them or put new bushings in and that will fix it??
Yep. Clean it up with a scrub brush and use lots of grease, it's cheap. I'm also trying to find something to help cover the sides of those a little bit to help keep the grime out. I'm thinking when I remove my stabilizer bar that I'll shop hardware stores and so forth to see if anything will work as a cover for the bushing sides.

#6 ·
Pops said:
Yep. Clean it up with a scrub brush and use lots of grease, it's cheap. I'm also trying to find something to help cover the sides of those a little bit to help keep the grime out. I'm thinking when I remove my stabilizer bar that I'll shop hardware stores and so forth to see if anything will work as a cover for the bushing sides.
By stabilizer bar you are refering to sway bar right?? If so, I dont have mine hooked up. I unbolted it at the links, but I guess it could still be moving around in there and making noise. I will just take it all the way out today and see if that fixes it.

#7 ·
husker1206 said:
By stabilizer bar you are refering to sway bar right?? If so, I dont have mine hooked up. I unbolted it at the links, but I guess it could still be moving around in there and making noise. I will just take it all the way out today and see if that fixes it.
Yep. Stabilizer, Anti-Sway, whatever... :D I think completely removing it might likely fix this for you.

#11 · (Edited)
One way of troubleshooting is to pop the hood, climb on top of the radiator and bounce on it to see if anything squeaks. You can also jack it up to move the parts by hand or with a pry bar to narrow it down.

There's all kinds of bushings in the suspension and also a thin rubber "pad" on the bottom of the coilover spring that dampens the spring from the bracket. You can use WD40 to spot spray different joints on the UCA, LCA, and Shock connections to see if and where spraying puts a permanent stop to it and that rubber piece coming dislodged has caused some some Armadas to squeak. Other things to check are Hood Hinges, Hood Latch, Billet Grille, and Bug Deflector. I know of one that a squeaking Hood Hinge sounded like it was coming from the suspension for some reason.

Climbing on the Nerf Bars or front end and Bouncy bounce jump jump are how I usually try to narrow them down then lift a little and drop with a floorjack a few times to narrow down further.

You could also use a car wash high pressure to spray all over the suspension inside the wheels wells and underneath really good to see if it's just some Winter Grime that can washout easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.