Nissan Titan Forum banner

NitroFill...does this really work?

9K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  bestatchess 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
mine came with them from the dealer.. i think its a pain that when your running low; you have to take it to a place that can fill with nitrogen!
and if the dealer is the only one that does it near you and you put regular air in.. the dealer has to drain the tire....
eh PITA not being able to use my pops compressor in the shed!

i say jut go with air fill.
and IMO i really dont think you will see a tire life or mpg diff..
but thats just speculation

#5 ·
not only will you see a better tire life, you will get a better tire wear. also it will help your mileage. nitrogen is a little heavier than air, but it also helps balance the tire better. i run nitrogen in my truck and in my bike. also i am a nitrogen technician in the oil field so i get mine for free. lol. nitrogen does not exspand with heat like air does. if you run 45psi in your tires cold and you put nitrogen in them, they will not get above 45 psi, so you have to run a little more nitro in them. i would run about 5psi over what it calls for cold. all your race bikes, race cars, indy cars are filled with nitrogen. so the tires stay at a consistant pressure during a race

#16 ·
nitrogen does not exspand with heat like air does. if you run 45psi in your tires cold and you put nitrogen in them, they will not get above 45 psi.
:jester: PV=nRT. Except for nitrogen.

Nitrogen expands at the same rate as normal air. The only thing that makes a difference is the amount of moisture in the nitrogen or air.

#7 ·
i really dont know.. thats just what the dealer told me i needed to do!! so if my tire blows up they cant blame it on that (lol sarcasm)

#9 ·
nah the air wont seperate like water and oil...
although the densities are diff if the tire sits there it will begin to seperate gradually but as soon as it spins in will mix!

#10 ·
well wrong and right. it will seperate dang near instantly once the tire stops rotation. villm is somewhat correct. nitrogen is ALOT heavier than air and mixing the 2 isnt good. depending on your nitro to air ratio is to how it would ride. you would need like a 2/3 air and 1/3 nitro since it is heavier to balance the tire out. just run pure nitro and be done with it. my nicer ride, tire life, tire wear. what i use for my bike when i go to the track is a scuba tank filled with nitro. works great

#11 · (Edited)
air is ~80% nitrogen already
nitrogen density 1.251g/L
oxygen density 1.43 g/L

i dont see that separating instantaneously! but im not gonna argue bc im not sure...

also i learned in chemistry that oxygen is heavier than nitrogen! bc nitrogen is before oxygen in the periodic table...
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080714041657AAsiqLS

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/478561

but that is pure nitrogen compared to pure oxygen... the every day oxygen we breath isnt the same...

so your prolly rite... i really dont know..

#12 ·
i'd say get the nitrogen dude. its like 3 bucks a tire or all 5 for about $12 at local tire shops. i got an old crown vic before i got my truck, and when i replaced the tires, i got 4 new Pirelli's with Nitrogen inflation. its constant temperature, so when its hot or freezing outside it won't make a difference. i've been running nitrogen for about 3 years. drove about 64k in those years on the CV and never had any tire problems. of course it has doesn't have TPMS, but you can tell. for truck tires i'd say get it. i'm getting nitro on mine. and when it becomes "low"......which is rare, believe me, the only downside is you gotta take it in somewhere. tons of people have nitrogen in their tires. just look around. next time you're driving look for green tirecaps. about the MPG's and Tire life...i can tell you that's all BS. you'll probably get more handling and HP depending on the tire, tire tread, etc. but MPG and tire life is all hype.

i think i'd be worth the 12-15 bucks for all five tires to get Nitrogen.

just a thought~

-dave

#13 ·
I just came home today to find a message on my phone from my Nissan dealer with this automated salespitch to try and get me to come in and have my tires filled with this stuff for ONLY $39.99!!! :huh: .....LOL, everyone is trying to make a buck off the gas crunch.

#14 ·
40 bucks????? That's Ridiculous man! its 3 bucks a tire! or less for all 5! i'm glad i dont get text messages from my nissan dealer. i'll drive up there and have them pay me for going in!

#15 ·
Just give me all the money some of you guys are spending on Nitrogen...I'll fill your tires with "N"(I won't, but you'll never know...)
Then I'll tell you how much better it is(It's not, but you'll never know...)

WAKE UP!.....Your tires aren't spending time at 70,000 ft in a wheel well at temps over 400 degs, and you're not running Daytona at 198 mph...

Other then above, for daily use on a truck it's all B/S!! Get over it and move along...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.