Nissan Titan Forum banner

2016 Nissan Titan further teased ahead of Detroit debut

6K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  James.J 
#1 ·
Nissan originally released just one of these, but finally, now we have a far more interesting video showing the Titan in action, giving us a better sense of it!

Nissan is less than a week away from finally unveiling the 2016 Titan at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show on January 12 after months of teasing.

Unfortunately, the latest video in Nissan's Truckumentary series about the Titan's engineering comes off a bit dull. It mostly focuses on the trucks American heritage rather than on its capabilities. However, the clip does drop a few hints about the 5.0-liter Cummins diesel V8. The company not only wants to keep fuel economy high but also focus on giving drivers a deep well of power that's ready at any time. The engine is rumored to offer over 300 horsepower and about 550 pound-feet of torque.

The best part of this video's release is the accompanying gallery (below) showing the test truck from practically every angle. It's still covered in camouflage, but the front grille appears much more upright compared to previous spy shots. A final interesting tidbit comes in the text at the very end of the clip where Nissan reveals the Titan isn't expected to go on sale until late 2015.

#2 ·
Anyone seen any commercials on tv or is that something that'll happen closer to when it's actually for sale?

#9 ·
I think the Titan will be available sooner than you think.

#13 ·
Anyone remember the commercial Diaz put on during the Superbowl for Ram?

Best Superbowl commercial I've ever seen.

#14 ·
Looking at nissanusa.com in the future vehicles it looks as though it has at least an AA 10.5 and a ZF transmission!! They have a great little 9 part teaser of the chassis and components.

#18 ·
That was a bizarre commercial. For any vehicle.

#21 ·
If that was the new Maxima in that ad, I am not surprised at the design theme on the XD.

#26 ·
I disagree I think this design is sick

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Insain Fabrication made my bumper

#27 ·
And I don't. Proves nothing, other than we're a forum full of individual tastes.

#28 ·
Agreed

#29 ·
It does prove that everybody does not hate new designs however

#30 ·
I didn't mean that "everybody" hates new designs.....it's just that a lot of people do hate them, only to find out later that they actually like them anyway....The new design has to kind of grow on you so to speak.
The new Max looks a lot like a Mazda, but I already like it better than the old Max.

#31 ·
That true lube, but as you know there are some designs that just look amazing out of the box. Take the raptor for instance.......

The design of the new Titan ok. Not many are raving about the looks.

#32 ·
Now there's a truck that I've hated since day one, and will continued to hate as time goes on. I think the Raptor is butt azz ugly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.