Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan. - Nissan Titan Forum
2016 Titan General Forum General discussion forum for the new 2016 Nissan Titan.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
HisMajestyKingTitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 17
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

I upgraded the interior bulbs to white leds.

It's twice as bright and look awesome in my opinion.

Used these for the map lights.


https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AO...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And these for the foot well lights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014K...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.-20161221_183030.jpg   Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.-20161221_183017.jpg  
HisMajestyKingTitan is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to HisMajestyKingTitan For This Useful Post:
hondarider65 (01-31-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:03 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 50
Thanks: 22
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisMajestyKingTitan View Post
I upgraded the interior bulbs to white leds.



It's twice as bright and look awesome in my opinion.



Used these for the map lights.





https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AO...?ie=UTF8&psc=1



And these for the foot well lights.



https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014K...?ie=UTF8&psc=1


So clean


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hondarider65 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to hondarider65 For This Useful Post:
HisMajestyKingTitan (02-01-2017)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:56 PM
Registered User
 
Ducks_and_dogs1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Tx
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Looks good!
Ducks_and_dogs1984 is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducks_and_dogs1984 For This Useful Post:
HisMajestyKingTitan (02-01-2017)
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 04:47 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Texas, Virginia
Posts: 81
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

I changed to LED's for the overhead. I didn't think about changing out the lower ones. How many bulbs are down there?

Tristan Downey is offline  
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
HisMajestyKingTitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 17
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Downey View Post
I changed to LED's for the overhead. I didn't think about changing out the lower ones. How many bulbs are down there?
2. One in each footwell.
HisMajestyKingTitan is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to HisMajestyKingTitan For This Useful Post:
Tristan Downey (02-01-2017)
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 09:03 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 35
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

How difficult was the install? I am going to order those bulbs, came out nice just dont want to break any plastic.
santis00 is offline  
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
HisMajestyKingTitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 17
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santis00 View Post
How difficult was the install? I am going to order those bulbs, came out nice just dont want to break any plastic.
The 2 reverse lights, the tail gate lights, the 4 maps lights, the 2 footwell lights, and the 2 fog lights take a total of 14.5 mins to replace.

It's so easy, a caveman can do it.

The hardest part is making sure the polarity on the bulbs is correct. If not, just flip it.
HisMajestyKingTitan is offline  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 35
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

sweet. just told my wife i wanted these lights for my bday coming up. The one that drive me crazy is the freaking tailgate light. lets throw leds in the bed and above but leave lame lights in the tailgate. looks so freaking lame
santis00 is offline  
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 01:23 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I just did the same too. Picked up my '17 Platinum Reserve on Friday....hate the yellow lights. All i have left to do is change the fogs and i will be done. Love this truck.
fishnmagician is offline  
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 49
Thanks: 24
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisMajestyKingTitan View Post
The 2 reverse lights, the tail gate lights, the 4 maps lights, the 2 footwell lights, and the 2 fog lights take a total of 14.5 mins to replace.

It's so easy, a caveman can do it.

The hardest part is making sure the polarity on the bulbs is correct. If not, just flip it.
Those lights look great. What bulbs did you use for the reverse lights, tail gate lights and fog lights? Already put the map and footwell bulbs in my amazon cart!
djmoore250 is offline  
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 10:09 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 49
Thanks: 24
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoore250 View Post
Those lights look great. What bulbs did you use for the reverse lights, tail gate lights and fog lights? Already put the map and footwell bulbs in my amazon cart!
Disregard, I got the info I needed from your post about the fog lights
djmoore250 is offline  
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Registered User
 
TITANUP2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Nashville
Posts: 148
Thanks: 18
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisMajestyKingTitan View Post
The 2 reverse lights, the tail gate lights, the 4 maps lights, the 2 footwell lights, and the 2 fog lights take a total of 14.5 mins to replace.

It's so easy, a caveman can do it.

The hardest part is making sure the polarity on the bulbs is correct. If not, just flip it.
In the rear why just the reverse lights if your already pulling the housing? why not replace the turn signals and brake lights while your at it? unless they are led already...
TITANUP2017 is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
HisMajestyKingTitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 17
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITANUP2017 View Post
In the rear why just the reverse lights if your already pulling the housing? why not replace the turn signals and brake lights while your at it? unless they are led already...

I just haven't decided on brake lights. I have three in my cart trying to compare.

Might do these...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PH...=A126Q4T86JLNL


The turn signals I won't do because I don't want to mess with putting a resistor inline to slow the rapid blink.

But, taking the tail light off takes 1.5 mins, so I can mess with it at a later time.
HisMajestyKingTitan is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
HisMajestyKingTitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 51
Thanks: 17
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santis00 View Post
sweet. just told my wife i wanted these lights for my bday coming up. The one that drive me crazy is the freaking tailgate light. lets throw leds in the bed and above but leave lame lights in the tailgate. looks so freaking lame
That was the first thing I did. I agree. All white lights and than bam...Yellow tail gate light. Didn't make sense
HisMajestyKingTitan is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:33 AM
Registered User
 
TITANUP2017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Nashville
Posts: 148
Thanks: 18
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Interior LED lighting on 2017 Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisMajestyKingTitan View Post
I just haven't decided on brake lights. I have three in my cart trying to compare.

Might do these...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PH...=A126Q4T86JLNL


The turn signals I won't do because I don't want to mess with putting a resistor inline to slow the rapid blink.

But, taking the tail light off takes 1.5 mins, so I can mess with it at a later time.
good point. I didn't realize about the rapid blink. I wonder how fast it actually is. Just trying to decide if it looks better or worse.
TITANUP2017 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Jump to top


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Nissan Titan Black Mesh LED Grille by Rigid Industries at CARiD carid CARiD.com 0 12-16-2016 07:20 AM
Led Interior Lighting 07titan07 Titan General Discussion 24 04-14-2016 08:58 PM
LED interior lighting for my Truck *DONE* RobKar Titan Interior Discussion 35 01-31-2012 11:36 AM
Need interior lighting suggestions for 2008 Titan XE bennyb2 Electrical & Wiring 9 05-20-2011 03:22 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On