Nissan Titan Forum banner

What to get?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Joe Shaw 
#1 ·
Got my eye on 2 titans. It will be a DD plus i am looking to buy a 3500lb travel trailer for my family of 4. I wouldnt put more than 4k a year on it. First up is a 2010 se CC with 74k. Second is a 2011 pro 4x KC with 62k. The 2010 is $2k cheaper and local. The pro4x has to be transfered from out of state. Do all 2011 pro 4xs have the 9300 tow limit? What are your opinions on which to get?

#2 ·
All the pro4x have the 3.36 gearing, but many other trim levels can come with the tow package that has that gearing. For a 3500# trailer you would be fine without it (7300# I think is the max on 2.93 gears). Having children myself and trading my King cab in on the club cab, the extra room is way better in the CC. If you are in a mountainous region the 3.36 gears may help with that and towing. I have the 2.93 gears and haven't had any issues towing anything so far up to about 6k# in North Central PA.

#3 ·
Ok, so both deals fell through. Now my wife has me debating between a 2014 titan 27k miles and a 2014 frontier 22k miles. I intend for this vehicle to last 20+ years, i hope. With that said, the titan sales numbers are nowhere close to the frontiers. So in 10-15 years how hard are used parts going to be to find. Or do you think i am over analysing it?

#4 ·
I think you may find the titan is better for towing purposes. The frontier might do the job, but not as well. Right now it seems that many parts are interchangeable with 2nd Gen, seems to be the same truck with different body, engine, and drive train. With that being said the titan has been around for 11yrs and I've never walked into an auto parts store and had trouble getting parts, sure the aftermarket is kind of meek even now, but these guys on the forum sourced many parts that can get you all the power or performance you may need. I'm on #2 and my 06 after 8yrs never let me sit, now I have a 15. If you take care of the maintenence, it should last. I'm 40 and it's been the most reliable vehicle I've had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.