Nissan Titan Forum banner

Replaced 2017 Pro4x Fogs w/ LEDS

17K views 82 replies 24 participants last post by  Tristan Downey 
#1 · (Edited)
I replaced my 2017 Pro4x halogen fog lights with some LED's yesterday. I am very pleased with the new LED's. They very bright and provide great output, but do not blind oncoming traffic like some other LED bulbs can. They also match the headlight LED color. Great upgrade over the stock halogen bulbs. Have some before and after pictures below.

Literally only takes 5 minutes to swap out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B2XPKNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here are some more pictures once it got dark out. One head on, one without fogs on, and one with new fogs turned on.

Attachments

Reactions: djmoore250
#6 ·
They are definitely bad. Haven't looked into changing those just yet.

#9 ·
looks good. there might be more info on those on the titanxd forum.

#11 ·
mind putting up a picture of the projector output on like a garbage door. im curious to see how good they are
Also another option is Morimoto makes a direct replacement Led housing for the new titans that has a nice cutoff and are real bright

#15 ·
No worries. Defiantly gonna be one of my first upgrades. Anything is better than halogen!

#16 ·
#20 ·
I had the Morimoto's on my 2015 and I didn't think they were worth the money after I got them. Cutoff did not seem very good at all for the price in my opinion. Would throw a lot of light up high into the trees. They worked ok, but not like I expected after reading some reviews. So I decided to try out a cheaper option this time. These don't have a a super great cutoff either, but for less than 1/3 of the price of the Morimoto's, I am pleased. Just my $.02.

#22 ·
i think we are talking about two different products.
at any rate. i ordered then and will have my 2017 by the end of the week so should get some pics up of it and the fogs soon

#23 ·
Look great!! I too have a 2017 Pro-4x and my OCD is going bonkers with the halogen driving lights. Can you confirm these are the ones you got?

Attachments

#24 ·
if you have $200 to spend. i suggest the morimoto housings i installed them yesterday i will make a thread and put up pics tonight. and link it on this thread.

#28 ·
LED's installed. Thanks for the solid discussion on this post. Bulb only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: slyfur1
#29 ·
So, I just took off my Phillips LED fog light bulbs, not sure if it has anything to do with it but since I installed them I have gotten the ABS light on twice and today I got the TPMS, traction control and ABS lights on at the same time and then like 20 min later they were gone, as precaution I just put my stock fog light bulbs on in case if it happens again and I take it to the dealer, they don't see that I changed them

#40 ·
Did you put the Phillips LEDs back in, and if so, did you keep getting the error lights? Interested in buying a pair to replace the halogen fog lights, but this made me second guess.

It sounds like it's coincidence the error lights came on after you installed. I can't see how LEDs would cause on error, especially if they're a direct fit and only pulling a quarter of the wattage.

#31 ·
There are threads on here where guys have "hacked" the circuit. I'm sure it won't be that hard to find and I'll bet the circuit is very similar if not the same. Looked like some jumpers cleverly aranged...not too hard

#33 ·
There are so many options out there it's really hard to choose. Are the LEDs you bought for your fog lights still holding up? Have you determined which of the any options work for our high beam replacement?

As a previous poster stated....my OCD and these mismatched lights on my P4X don't play well together.

#34 ·
There are so many options out there it's really hard to choose. Are the LEDs you bought for your fog lights still holding up? Have you determined which of the any options work for our high beam replacement?

As a previous poster stated....my OCD and these mismatched lights on my P4X don't play well together.

I went with the Phillips H11 LED 6000k and they look awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#44 ·
Got the new Phillips LED fog lights (Phillips H11 LED 6000k) in today and swapped them out with the old ones. Man, what a difference. These really are almost identical to the factory low-beam LED headlights. Definitely a worthwhile investment for those looking to just to swap out the bulbs.

Installation was easy, just a simple swap out. They even include two zipties with the bulbs. The longest part was trying to ziptie the extra wires together, since these new ones have a few extra inches of cable to manage. I found the best way was to loop the extra wires together and hold them using the two loops on the included adapter.

Just a side note: While LEDs run cooler at the tip inside the fog light casing, they retain most of the heat in the heatsink at the back of the connector. Just make sure you try to keep the wires away from the backing to avoid any issues associated with heat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.