Nissan Titan Forum banner

Leveling a 17 pro 4X

10K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  Frank Valdez 
#1 ·
Ok, so I know that we can't level a pro 4X with a normal level kit. That being said I've been in contact with ICON suspension and they tell me that the 1st gen Titan coilover kit will work with our 17s. The kicker is it will only give about 1 3/8 max lift besides all the other benefits of the icon kit. Does this sound rite? Has anyone even considered this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I keep hearing the suspension is basically the same too. If that's the case 1 3/8 would be perfect based on my measurements. Also, for what it's worth, I'm having the ProComp leveling kit from the XD installed on my 4X next week. I'll let you know how that goes.

#5 ·
My local shop talked to ProComp directly and they were told they could use the XD kit without using all components in the kit. Not sure which ones. But I did see 3 trucks that were completed and they all looked perfect. Guaranteed too which is nice.

#8 ·
top mount is the same on 1st gen, new half tons, and new XD's. XD uses a much longer shock so those aren't compatible. Also i'm not sure what the lift ratio is on the XD's whereas on the half tons its 1:1.6 (a 1" thick spacer will give you 1.5" lift)

Icon said you can only get so much lift so you don't crank the preload and ruin the ride is my guess.

Good luck!!

You can use a normal leveling kit from the original titans btw.

#12 ·
use them with the DK long travel kit! be the first!

#15 ·
you could add RC arms and avoid cbc. with like a 2.5" kit from prg. im thinking about it but after its all said and done and rear shocks and blocks etc. migth as well buy a 6". waiting on a pro comp

#17 ·
I might order some RC arms and a 2.5" PRG spacer and some endlinks and 1" rear block. For my 17" pro4x. Can't see it being that much different. Unless, a good 6" comes out. Besides RC.. I won't cut anything

#24 ·
It's just not verified by them to fit but the suspension is the same as gen 1 Titans.

#26 ·
I may just put a 2" spacer in till the PC lift comes out. But I don't have a set of 20" rims for my tires. And not gonna waste money on rims with a small offset in the meantime. Sad ha

#27 ·
RC site has 2" spacer listed as for 2017. Still not for pro4x according to them will be to much on pro4x.. so probably need Uca for anything over 1.5 on a pro4x

#28 ·
I found another guy that did a 1.5 on his 2017. He didn't give me a brand though just said he got it off amazon. I think I'm going to go with a 1.5. I don't want to risk issues with the UCA plus I have to keep this truck for a while. The wife is tired of me trading every other year haha! Here's a pic of that truck with 1.5 Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Fender

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.