Nissan Titan Forum banner

Opinions needed.

4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  peejay 
#1 ·
I'm I missing a skid plate on my truck or is this a option? There's 4 speed nuts there but nothing in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#9 ·
Re: Pro 4X skid plates??

I've been rolling without my skid plate for about 5 months now, no isues, But i cn tell you for sure I'll put it back on when I start hitting trails again

#11 ·

I looks like it was never on since the truck was delivered. I looked at a picture I took the day it was received and the skid plate doesn't look likes it's there.

That's a pretty bad angle for seeing if the skid plate is there. Most skid plates are underneath.

#15 ·

I'd drive my butt down to the dealer and tell them I paid for a pro 4x and I expect all that comes with that package. They owe you a skid plate, make them give you one. My bet is someone bought a different Titan that didn't come with a skid plate and they talked a sales guy into swiping one off another truck. Then they hope to sell the one you bought to someone who won't notice.

#16 ·

I'm thinking there's more to the story. I'm "investigating" it at the moment but I'm pretty sure I know what happened.
I'll share more later on. Not that I want to keep you guys in suspense but I want to give the business in question a chance to make it right first.

#17 ·

I'm thinking there's more to the story. I'm "investigating" it at the moment but I'm pretty sure I know what happened.
I'll share more later on. Not that I want to keep you guys in suspense but I want to give the business in question a chance to make it right first.

Can't wait tell us..Please Please tell us.a got so many scenario...:popcorn:

#19 ·
I can not really tell from this picture however my truck had a similar gap in the front. I saw it right away and let them know, took it in a few weeks later to get it adjusted. On mine the gap on one side was about a finger and a half (yes that's how i measured it at the time) and the other side about 2 and 1/2.

They should fix it, they will check to make sure you didn't hit anything so as long as you did not hit anything you will be fine. Take the other picture with the white tape on the top and make sure they get that skid plate fixed also.

#20 ·
There are a lot of new Titans coming out of the factory with the front bumper not being aligned correctly. Mine is off and I'm going to be taking it in soon to get fixed. Another common problem is the trim around the front fenders on the Pro4x being loose or having too much of a gap where they didn't get the adhesive right at the factory. My front driver's side has a tiny gap and the passenger side has a very noticeable gap...both being fixed by the dealer soon. I also happen to have a few major paint defects on both passenger side doors and that is being worked out with the dealer now too. Those issues along with the transmission (or throttle position sensor) issues are frustrating, but I still love the truck.

Regardless of what happened to your skidplate, you definitely need the dealer to put one on there.

#21 ·
The dealer did say they can fix it. The issue I'm having is the grill paint being off colour, the bumper being misaligned and then the skid plate missing. It really got me thinking since they are one above each other.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.