Nissan Titan Forum banner

2017 Platinum but no Titan box,rear step and electronic locking tailgate in Canada!?

6K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  Camer 
#1 ·
Just picked up my blk platinum this sat and I loved it!
On Titan brochure(Canadian version) ,it showed Titan box(two), rear utility step and electronic locking tailgate are standard trim on Platinum Reserve with small letter remarks "late availability". Anyone in Canada got them or know the ETA?I want the locking tailgate baddddd!!

#5 · (Edited)

[/URL][/IMG]

Which Nissan dealership did you get yours from if you don't mind I asked. According to Nissan Titan brochure, it's in platinum package as I stated on pervious post with "late availability" but the dealership I dealt with (GoNissan North)already have steps and locking tailgate actuator in stock. Therefore, those accessories should be installed on Titan Platinum reserve!

I already email Nissan Canada and will update once I receive reply

#7 · (Edited)
Mine came from Gord Scott Nissan in Red Deer.
Interesting that mine came without the Titan running boards (which the premium package is supposed to have)...the dealer popped them on the following week, no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Update with good news!!- Called Nissan Canada customer service this morning and the agent told me that this should be dealt within dealership level. I can ask dealership to call them while mu visit in dealership if there is any issue/problem. Emailed sale manager@ Go Nissan North and he replied " Please book an appointment to install the accessories that are available at this time"! will phone later today to book my appointment for next Friday!

#11 ·
I purchased my Titan platinum from them so I emailed the Sales Manager first! I just booked an appointment on internet(bad cell reception my area) and I will call and confirm when I go into town this afternoon. I want to make sure that they have those parts before I drive 3.5 hrs down there(I am at Cold Lake AB).
You can call them up and doesn't hurt to ask !save you other trip to drive to Southside of Edmonton :)

#13 ·
Is not looking good for me, I spoke with the sales manager and he told me that he would reach Nissan Canada on regards to this, the thing is the comment "late availability" could mean that my truck might not be part of the ones that are/will be coming with these 3 accessories from factory he gave me the example of the muramos that didn't come with Apple CarPlay which I was one of them, in the brochure says apple CarPlay late availability meaning they actually launched it on the refreshed version of the Murano. He said that he will try since it wouldn't cost them anything since it would be covered by Nissan Canada but he also said he thinks that it's gonna be hard to get that.

#14 ·
I bought an SL, in brochures it said it includes running boards, but when I picked it up they weren't on. (It did have a the electronic tialgate lock though) .
I had to wait 30 minutes for the dealership to decide if it should have came with it or, fortunately they agreed, however they said it would have to wait and fight it out with the dealership they ordered it from to get the missing parts...too almost 2 weeks for that to happen. Clearly poor quality control on those brochures ...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

#24 ·
They are trying to tell me the same thing, the guy keeps saying that they are still "working on it" but it could come to my truck not being elegible for it because of the manufacture date might not qualify for these accessories to be in it, I bought mine at LA Nissan in Leduc, still waiting to get a final answer from them.

#23 ·
I got myn in Kamloops BC. It's a pro4x though. But anyways I got locking gate and rear step etc. Basically has everything besides boxes. I have read that the boxes arnt out for the half tons yet

#28 ·
I bought my Titan Platinum reserve in December 2016. It did not have the three items listed. I sent a note to Nissan Canada and got the reply saying yes they were standard equipment and would be shipped to me. They have been shipped and I am waiting on a good day for the dealer to install them.

Standard equipment and late availability do not add up to you can buy them at your own cost later. If any dealer gives you that line of nonsense take it up with Nissan Canada. Even if your vehicle was discounted, you can't avoid providing standard equipment.

#32 ·
my dealer is telling me that my truck was not priced at the time to include the options mentioned and therefore will not cover the cost. seems like an easy way to get out of it. Ridiculous really....these are supposed to be "standard options" on a Platinum Reserve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.