Nissan Titan Forum banner

Uploading for Dummies

320K views 921 replies 300 participants last post by  WinstonEinstein 
#1 ·
Can someone help and old (well gettin there) fart. I am not computer illiterate but I cannot figure out how to place pic I took of my ride into my signature. Can someone help with step by step. Please assume I'm really, really dumb....just ask my wife. Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
It's okay. Step by Step:

1. Click the Reply Button in the lower left hand corner.
2. Type a short message eg "Picture uploaded here" (this just gets past the minimum character requirement. But don't submit it yet...
3. Scroll down a bit on the page and you'll see "Additional Options." Below that you'll see "attach files" and a button labeled "manage attachments." Click that button.
4. A popup window will open and it has directions to follow. Simply click the browse button to find the file you wish to upload from your computer.
5. Once you have selected the file, click the "Upload" button.
6. When it's done uploading it'll show your file under "Current Attachments" Simply close the window by clicking "Close this window."
7. Now click "Submit Reply" and that's it.

#6 · (Edited)
I appreciate the reply but what I am interested in doing is attaching the picture as part of the signature like most others do. The steps you list only add thumbnails and would be cumbersome to do each and every post. Most guys here have a "full size" picture which appears to be part of the signature and appears on each message. I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to do that. thank you in advance for any help anyone could give me. If you do I'll enlarge the hooter girls for you LOL.

#7 ·
Unlike regular attachments that can be uploaded directly, the sig pic must be stored at a hosted web site. If you subscribe to MSN you can create a user group and store your sig pic there or you can use a free service such as www.cardomain.com. Once you have a picture stored go to the sig editor and type in the path to your sig pic. You can get the correct path by right clicking your pic and looking at the properties. Copy & paste the path into your sig. Then just make sure you add the IMG start and end commands in place at the beginning & end of the path once it's pasted in. Hope this helps.

#8 ·
terryu1 said:
I appreciate the reply but what I am interested in doing is attaching the picture as part of the signature like most others do. The steps you list only add thumbnails and would be cumbersome to do each and every post. Most guys here have a "full size" picture which appears to be part of the signature and appears on each message. I would appreciate if someone could tell me how to do that. thank you in advance for any help anyone could give me. If you do I'll enlarge the hooter girls for you LOL.
Yes I know what you wish to do. If you would just follow my instructions and upload your signature picture here I'll then show you how to place the Full Size image in your signature block.

Unlike regular attachments that can be uploaded directly, the sig pic must be stored at a hosted web site. If you subscribe to MSN you can create a user group and store your sig pic there or you can use a free service such as www.cardomain.com. Once you have a picture stored go to the sig editor and type in the path to your sig pic. You can get the correct path by right clicking your pic and looking at the properties. Copy & paste the path into your sig. Then just make sure you add the IMG start and end commands in place at the beginning & end of the path once it's pasted in. Hope this helps.
Yes and no. He can save a lot of time and effort and just host it here. Just upload the image as an attachment. Then you link to that attachment with tags like any other image.

#9 ·
sammy sandbag said:
Yes and no. He can save a lot of time and effort and just host it here. Just upload the image as an attachment. Then you link to that attachment with tags like any other image.
I always seem to do things the hard way! :ugh:

#10 · (Edited)
That sounds like it. Sammy, I have uploaded as attachment like you said but I have tried numerous ways to try to link to it. I guess I just don't understand how to tag the command line so the picture is picked up. I have tried attach command etc and nothing I do brings the picture up. When I go into my attachments, the picture is there like you told me to do. Thanks, I knew the hooter girls would bring a response. Just BEWARE, if I enlarge the hooters I must also enlarge myself. I am too large already for most people to stomach LOL ;-]

#12 ·
Looks as though you removed the attachment. You must attach it in a post then just leave it. Once it's there open the attachement by clicking on the thumbnail. Then copy the URL of that new window, it'll be something like: http://www.titantalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1234 then place that address in your signature and enclose it with a
after it.

#16 ·
terryu1 said:
Thanks Sammy All my posts that I see now have the pic. I thought i had this licked. Can anyone else see my pic???
Nope, you probably see it because it is stored in your browser's cache. No one else is seeing it because the attachment does not exsist. It appears that you deleted the attachment. You must upload it and leave it. Try it again by replying to this post and reuploading the image.

#17 ·
sammy sandbag said:
Nope, you probably see it because it is stored in your browser's cache. No one else is seeing it because the attachment does not exsist. It appears that you deleted the attachment. You must upload it and leave it. Try it again by replying to this post and reuploading the image.
Hey Sammy. I have been watching the two of you go back and forth. I already had a picture of my truck in my signature, but now I also have one of my daughter and I together. Thanks to your suggestions, I was able to do it myself and then just delete the thread that I created to do it. Thanks alot man.

#24 · (Edited)
halaluliah or however you spell it. Now I have to take some pics of my truxedo clamps for another fella on the forum. Thanks and sorry for being such a pain in the azz.
Good deal, you should have the hang of it now. No problem, I try to help when I can.

Red_Bull said:
I can see it too....although I can't see Sammy's sig pic now- just the ol red X. Probably lost it while he was walking terryu1 through the steps. Just a "Heads-up" there Sammy.
No, if you can't see mine it's probably because my site is down. I host the image on my own server. It appears to be working now, but thanks for looking out.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.