Nissan Titan Forum banner

Oklahoma Titans? Where yall at?

283K views 4K replies 99 participants last post by  TEX=TTN 
#1 ·
I'm west of Tulsa. Where's everyone else from?

#5 ·
NW Oklahoma. Near kingfisher

#10 · (Edited)
Honestly, these forums are the best place to buy our stuff. Locals don't stock much for Nissan trucks and then there's sales tax when they do. It's usually quite a bit less to just pay for shipping from a site sponsor.

PRG is what I had before putting the ProComp on. IMHO, Greg is GREAT to deal with:

PRG Products

NCD is the cheapest I've seen. You just have to pickup some bumpstops from somewhere like Autozone or Sam's Offroad:

Leveling Kits

http://www.samsoffroad.com/

Here's a write-up, it's a pretty easy install:

How To install PRG Mini-Lift - Nissan Armada Forum: Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums

#15 ·
Well I got the NCD 2" level kit ordered. Hopefully it's here this week. Pops, did you install your ProComp? I'm thinking about getting one in a few months. Im gonna order rims and tires soon too. I like the MotoMetal 951, with some 33" nitto mud grapplers. Does anyone no if this will rub with the 2" level kit? If it does wi the pinch weld mod take care of it? On another subject does anyone duck hunt around here? I know I ask alot of questions. Thanks for all the help.

#16 ·
I started installing my ProComp but stopped because of the time it was taking. It took me about 4-hrs to get to the point of dropping the front diff. On the Armada, the rear is as intense as the front so I was worried that I might not get it done before Monday so I stopped at that point and took it into Custom Offroad. It took them a day for the front and a day for the rear.

The Titan is different. It takes a good part of a day for the front but the rear is much, much easier and can be done within a couple hours. So I'm guessing a Titan might be able to be done in about 9-12hrs.

You cannot stack a spacer on top of the ProComp spacer, it's a huge liability and voids the warranties. Instead, you get some SAW's or Radflos from PRG and adjust them for any additional lift that you want to add.

Those Mud Grapplers should fit fine and the pinchweld mod is easy enough to do if necessary.

#22 ·
Best Buy is about the best option I know of around here. The few times I've dealt with Jackie Cooper Electronics they tried to rip me off and I always ended up returning whatever I bought for a full refund to go buy it somewhere else. They're the kings of hidden backside expenses around here and they're BMW dealership seems to pretty much operate the same way.

#23 ·
:D I was actually considering them to do the work. Good thing I asked here first.

So I see online that BestBuy will install it for $200 then... Any hidden charges there? Any equipment they'll try to add-on and charge me for? Like I said, I plan on buying the stuff new off Ebay for half the MSRP, so I'd buy it and just have them install it.

#24 · (Edited)
Best Buy's Service guys are totally upfront about all the charges before you decide to have them do it. They do these installs frequently enough to know of any additional hardware parts that might be needed. Circuit City was charging a little less than Best Buy but that ain't happenin' now.

Jackie Cooper will come up with all kinds of excuses to rack up another $200-$300 on the bill before handing your keys back over, that's when I told them to take it out, I'm not paying $.01 for anything. Since your're bring tyour equipment in, that puts you in a tougher spot because they'll likely tear it up during the removal just enough that you won't know until you try to to reinstall it and discover the broken/missing pieces. They're crooks.

#25 ·
Put my 2" level kit on tonight. Just now getting feeling back in my toes. Oh well. The passenger side is an inch higher than the drivers side. When I get it alligned monday will this level the sides out? Install was a breeze and looks ten times better. Dedbadged it as well. I'd rather put another kit on than debadge again.

#26 ·
I live in Owasso (10 min. N of Tulsa). I recently bought a 2.5" leveling kit and plan on putting it on the T when the weather warms up. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Duckman, have you lived on Keystone long? I grew up on Keystone Lake near Pier 51/Keystone State Park.

#31 ·
I'm just outside of Joplin and could help you if you ever come up this way. It's pretty easy.

#27 ·
Galaxy, lived here all my life. I grew up by app. bay/ Westport area. I went to keystone then graduated from Mannford in 2000. Where did you go to school? When you grad? When you plan on doing the level kit? Gonna be a nice day today. Might get up to 40. It's pretty easy to do. The first side took alot longer but the second took less than 30 minutes. Check out Pops link above to installing the PRG level kit. Very helpful. Thanks Pops

#28 ·
Small world . . . I also went to Keystone and Graduated from Mannford in 1993.

I will probably be installing the Leveling Kit on the next weekend that the weather cooperates. It looks like I should have no problems with this install.

Next time I am on the lake, we should have a few beers. Do you do much boating? My brothers and I spend tons of time on the lake either sailing or wakeboarding.

#30 ·
... Anyone heard anything on the Mirano? ...
Haven't heard anything but I bought one back in 2005 and my wife is driving it, her brother has a 2004, her brother-in-law has a 2007, and we all pitched in to buy my mother-in-law a 2007 so we have 4 Muranos in the family.

If you decide to get one, I'd suggest going with a loaded one so it won't seem "old" after a few years. If you get AWD, be sure to get it with ABLS, I made the mistake of not knowing when I bought ours, BIG difference. The Smart Key, Nav, and Backup Camera are all nice features that she wishes I had gotten on it.

My wife has been wanting a Range Rover so a used one might be her next vehicle depending on how much the parts cost for DIY repairs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.