Nissan Titan Forum - View Single Post - Electric Impact advice
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2012, 04:22 PM
qapla

Re: Electric Impact advice

I have both electric and air impact. They both do what I ask of them.

I have used the electric on tires and did NOT have to wait to remove or install the lugs nuts. They spun just fine. I have also used the electric to work on the tractor and it worked just fine.

I have used the air to remove some things the electric would not remove and have also used the electric to remove things the air would not. Sometimes I think it has more to do with the way the impact hits then the foot pounds. The electric impact is heavier by nature then the air and therefore seems to deliver more impact to the driver and not the hands holding onto the tool (just an observation)

I think either way you go you will find a tool that works.

BTW - my electric impact is a Harbor Freight tool. I have had it for about 8 years and it still works just fine.

You could pick up an electric from HF and see if it will remove what you need. If it does not, return it - they are really good about taking things back.

2007 XE CC Silver

250,745 miles

Stock Intake - Stock Exhaust - Receiver Hitch
Single Din Kenwood radio with storage space below
Garmin Nuvi 205W
Prodigy P3 Electric Brake Controller
Cabin A/C Filter (yes I use them and keep them maintained - living in Florida, I need my A/C to keep working NAPA #FIL 4854)
Homemade wooden tool box in the back of the bed and a Kobalt Diamond plate box in the front of the bed

Dented Bed on passenger side

It's a work truck - I had no additional MODS planned - but due to the dent, I am thinking of changing to a flatbed
The Following User Says Thank You to qapla For This Useful Post:
StormTroopin (04-17-2012)