Nissan Titan Forum banner

Easy lift tailgate mod

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  uspatriot1775 
#1 ·
OK I have an 2010 base titan without the easy lift tail gate for my work truck, and a 2008 LE for my personal truck. I was installing my LED tail lights on the LE and saw how the easy lift worked. I pulled the right tail light on the other truck and all the parts are there exempt the shock. I ordered the shock for the other truck and it fit right on. Easy mod.
Pt number 90450-zh000 (gas stay)
$24.05 at my Nissan dealer...

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 18228
#2 ·
Will this work for older models as well?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#5 ·
#3 ·
Pull the right tail light. If the mounting ball are there I would think it would. There is one ball mounted just behind the taillight and another on a lever at the tailgate hinge. If yours has it pose the year and model for others.

#4 ·
If not, I believe you can buy the entire kit (mounts and shock) for not a whole lot more money. It's a favorite feature of the T for me. No more hassle with the tailgate.

#9 ·
That was like mine. It was no worse that changing a brake light bulb. It didn't take 5 mins. Did it on the dealers lot before I left. Only takes a phillips screwdriver or a 10mm wrench or socked to pull the taillight housing...

#11 ·
The strut is 11.00 at advance auto parts.

Reactions: baseballfanz
#12 · (Edited)
Cool, I need to replace mine.

Um yeah, my penis.

Hey bball, check your inbox.........:eek2:
No I don't want you to pm me a picture of your penis.

Sent from my 2005 Red Alert Titan via the Autoguide app on my ASUS Transformer.:D

#14 ·
Same problem...I went to the local store and had them search deeper. Internet site had special order strut for 20+, store had it in stock for 11 or 13 dollars. It's called something different than what you'd think. I'll see if I can find the sleeve it came in.

Reactions: baseballfanz
#15 ·
It's called a gas stay. I went thru them at advanced for about an hour and gave up and went to Nissan and got mine.

Advance was only able to look up the ones for the hood( I guess that was what they for didn't really say).

#16 ·
I had this feature on my 07cc, at the lot in front of the salesman i expected all titans to have it so when i dropped the tailgate on my 04kc..it dropped haha i bought all the parts from the dealer to install the easy down mechanism..cost about 120 for everything. The beds are different on an 04 apparantly..the amount of internal cutting one would have to do to get the brackets into bedside and to pass through wall into gate hinge area would definately damage some integrity of the corner of the bed..i was pretty lucky the dealer accepted returns on SO parts.. Someone makes a tension rod that installs between the bottom of the gate and the bed..ill look into it.
Of course the 05 and newer are prob different. Had this 04 3 years and still finding out all kinds of differences..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.