Nissan Titan Forum banner

Switch blade key

10K views 107 replies 20 participants last post by  baseballfanz 
#1 ·
I just got a switch blade key off Ebay. I seen a few other tt members using it and wanted to know where the chip is in the key because I have been told I have to take it out of the key I have....if any one has any info or a thread on here about plz let me know
Thanks lonestar

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#42 ·
theres more options than i thought. some are around 10 bucks, some aroun 32, and others are 50 bucks. which one did you guys get?

#53 ·
#59 ·
^^^
Definitely check for that too. It almost looks like it doesn't need to be there. It's just clear plastic in the shape of the remote with 3 little black nubs on it. It goes between the rubber buttons and the part that actually controls everything with the little black nubs stick out towards the rubber.

#75 ·
I finally tries to swap mine after getting the key cut. Does anyone else's inside look like mine? With a triangle metal tab to connect the battery? It doesn't fit in the new fob at all. Even the actual board doesn't really fit very well.

Do I need a different flip key or a new oem fob to swap over?

Here's the stock fob I pulled the guts from:

#76 ·
The triangle thingy is what makes all the connections when you press the button. It should swap right over. Are you putting it in the right direction?

sent from here

#77 ·
Yeah, it doesn't look the same as anyone else's I have seen. The triangle needs to lay flat so the prongs can touch the sides of te battery but the plastic ring that holds te battery won't allow that. It looks like this switchblade key requires the connector that lays under the battery on the + side

#80 ·
Yeah I think I'll start hacking it up. Worst case I can get another switchblade and an extra stock fob to do the transfer.

It is for sure the stocker- checked both fobs. I even opened up my wife's 08 pathy and it looks the same. Maybe the dealer had these?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.