Nissan Titan Forum banner

Exhaust manifold recall

44K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  GERBROCK 
#1 ·
To any and all who have had a cracked exhaust manifold please contact the NHTSA @ 1-888-327-4236 to file a complaint so we can get this issue turned into a recall. Even if your issue was fixed under warranty please call your fix wont last & Nissan wont be so helpful the next time they crack and part is out of warranty. Trust me I an speaking from experience.

#2 ·
As a safety issue.........Exhaust gasses can enter the drivers compartment.

#4 ·
Does this matter how many miles you got on your truck.It has been like this for a while now.

#6 ·
I've had my truck since 2005 and it has 115,000 on it.

#7 ·
It doesn't matter how many miles you have report it if it is a manufacturers defect, which it is they need to fix it on their dime not ours.
Mine has been leaking for about 25K miles and I now have 84K miles on it, I didn't realize it was covered under an 80K mile warranty until last week. It is funny though that my truck had been to the dealer 3 times in the last year for recalls but they didn't notice the exhaust manifold leaking sound.

#9 ·
A recall on the exhaust manifolds will never happen unless someone can prove they start fires or somehow make the vehicle operator lose control of the truck. Sounds like sour grapes to me, you missed your warranty period and now you want a recall to fix it for free.

#10 ·
Sounds like sour grapes to me, you missed your warranty period and now you want a recall to fix it for free.
sounds like someone trying to do something about a defect that Nissan's engineers sucked at engineering. im calling tomorrow and mines got 96K but i bought mine with 90K. how much do yall think oem manifolds actually cost nissan what did they pay for them? 50? 100? 200?

#11 ·
So I received this in my email a few days ago:

Dear Trever Spence,
As a valued Nissan customer, your satisfaction throughout your ownership experience is our company’s highest priority.
Recently, you contacted Nissan Consumer Affairs with a question or concern. We would appreciate your feedback on our resolution process, as it helps us understand our strengths and opportunities. Our goal is to improve future experiences for valued customers like you.
Providing your feedback will only take a few minutes of your time. Please click the "START" button below to begin. The link will remain active for 21 days.

Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Sincerely,

Mary Baumgardner
Senior Manager
Nissan Consumer Affairs

Um Mrs. Baumgardner my experience with resolution process sucked as Nissan should know they have an issue with the cracked manifolds on these trucks and they should fix them wether the truck is under 80k miles or not.

If you have had this issue make sure to contact 1 800 nissan1 to report it.

#16 ·
Do you have any documentation on that? It'd be worth looking into. The 8yr/80k is federal not through nissan, so if it was bumped up I know a lot of guys that would like to know.

#17 ·
8/80k miles is the last I heard. Not a safety issue so there will never be a recall. It would break Nissan to recall every 04-15 Titan, Armada and QX56 as the labor would eat them up!!!

#18 ·
It was dead & they still are 8yrs/80k....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.