Tonneau Covers - Nissan Titan Forum
Appearance & Body Forum to discuss the exterior appearance of your 2016 Nissan Titan including exterior modifications.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Tonneau Covers

Which are the best options? I've had the one available from Nissan on my last 2 Titans. While I was generally satisfied with them I'd like opinions on whether there are better options out there on either price or quality.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to brodphish For This Useful Post:
peejay (03-01-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 04:26 AM

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Re: Tonneau Covers

IMO, there are better options/quality out there over the OEM. Speaking from experience, I had the OEM and was very disappointed with it's quality. I then purchased an Advance hard cover. I had it on two Titan's for a total of ten years. I loved it for it's security, durability and weatherproof design. It was pricey though. I'm currently running on my third Titan a Tri-Fecta soft cover and I'm likewise pleased.

2015 SL CC 4x4 -Trifecta Tonneau Cover,Husky liners, Bank's Ram Air, Nismo Exhaust, Prodigy Brake Controller, OEM bug shield, WeatherTech ventvisors. UPRev tuned by Seymore4.
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 06:07 AM

I am also in the market for a tonneau cover for my newly acquired, slightly used, gorgeous 2015 Titan.

Question: Is there any way to install a tool box AND a tonneau cover in the bed?

I prefer one of those all plastic, black tool boxes, but I could go with something different.

I just need to (a) cover the bed and (b) haul a few tools.

I don't want my tools in the cab.

Thanks.
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 08:40 AM

The simplest way to have a tool box and a tonneau is to get a box which sits below bed height. There is a Utilitrack tool box which mounts in the rails, but I don't know if it sits low enough for a tonneau. There are also boxes which sit in the bed and don't rise above the rails, but you lose floors pace for shovel handles and such with those versus a box which floats on the Utilitrack or bedrails.

Alternately, one of the retractable covers might work, mounted behind the tool box of your choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to dubyam For This Useful Post:
NRA_guy (10-12-2016)
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 09:16 AM
Premium User

Thanked 10,576 Times in 6,613 Posts
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

I have had the Extang Trifecta on my truck for about 10 years now... First was the standard vinyl one that required attention to keep it looking good... Gave that to a crazy member on here after 3 years and got the Signature Trifecta... It is made of cloth similar to boat fabric... NO attention required besides wiping it when you wash the truck. I love it! It also has more substantial hold-downs than the similar Lund Trifold. The Trifold connectors just seems flimsy as hell to me... And lifetime warranty can't be beat either...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AKA: Cheap Whore™- IT'S ALL MY FAULT!

Pit Crew Chief

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity...
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackbeauty For This Useful Post:
Titan332009 (03-03-2017)
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-12-2016, 12:30 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Tonneau Covers

I have an 08' and bought my first vinyl tri fold on eBay for about 115$ bucks about two months ago. Really pleased and wished I would've bought one sooner. Only regret, I should've paid the 500.00 for the solid. I'm very happy having a cover but the vinyl rattles and the solid would be more secure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Br549; 10-12-2016 at 12:32 PM.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br549 View Post
I have an 08' and bought my first vinyl tri fold on eBay for about 115$ bucks about two months ago. Really pleased and wished I would've bought one sooner. Only regret, I should've paid the 500.00 for the solid. I'm very happy having a cover but the vinyl rattles and the solid would be more secure.

By "solid" do you mean the 1-piece type or the 3 or 4-section fold-up type?

Thanks.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 04:46 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty View Post
I have had the Extang Trifecta on my truck for about 10 years now... First was the standard vinyl one that required attention to keep it looking good... Gave that to a crazy member on here after 3 years and got the Signature Trifecta... It is made of cloth similar to boat fabric... NO attention required besides wiping it when you wash the truck. I love it! It also has more substantial hold-downs than the similar Lund Trifold. The Trifold connectors just seems flimsy as hell to me... And lifetime warranty can't be beat either...
That's probably what I'm going with next. I've got an OEM branded Nissan one, but you can tell by the tie downs it's a Lund. It works well enough, but the plastic tie down sections are starting to wear out from cranking it down so tight that it stays in place. Don't think it's going to hold up to much longer. Of course I may also just go with truck cap but that's going to cost a bit more.

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 07:03 AM

Hmmm. I found this tool box that is designed to work with a tonneau cover (any type of cover), but it looks like you have to empty the tool box in order to close the box up.

The tool box folds up.

But you could leave the box full of tools (open and unfolded) underneath the tonneau cover.

https://www.realtruck.com/bakbox-2-t...015Y756MA.html
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRA_guy View Post
By "solid" do you mean the 1-piece type or the 3 or 4-section fold-up type?

Thanks.

It's a hard type tri fold.

The Following User Says Thank You to Br549 For This Useful Post:
NRA_guy (10-14-2016)
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br549 View Post
It's a hard type tri fold.

Good!

Thanks.
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 04:20 PM

Smile Re: Tonneau Covers

I have this cover for about 3 years on my 2011 and very happy with it .I have another Titan year 2008 and will buy another one if I get money.Cost around 1400 bucks out the door.
Attached Thumbnails
Tonneau Covers-bed-cover-007.jpg  

Bought brand new Black 2011 Pro 4X CC,Big Tow,Flowmaster super 40 dual exhaust,black exhaust tips,Nissan black ventshades,Leer hard bed cover,20" Ultra wheels,33x12.50x20" Thunderer Trac Grip MT tires,Dirt King UCAs,2" front spacers, 2" rear blocks and axle vent mod .

Bought brand new 2017 Pathfinder 4WD .Plastidipped wheels.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-18-2016, 04:37 PM

I have a backflip g2 have been very happy with it.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 02:13 AM

Bac flip and under cover are probably the 2 best available for hard, foldable style
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 04:06 PM

We have a pace edwards bedlocker on our titan and it is awesome. They are super pricey but super cool. It came on our truck when we bought it used.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top