Nissan Titan Forum banner

4.56 gears for sale

3K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Maddox 
#1 ·
As the title says, 4.56 gears for sale, compatible for all years. $200+shipping from DFW. They are used, 5000 miles on them. These are $310 new.

#3 ·
Glws! Why arent you installing them, you definitely need them with those 37s

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
Going to 35s and adaptors.. I could buy 2 sets of federals in 35 for one set of the 37" toyos. Gas mpg and truck wear.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#5 ·
stance is crucial when lifted. stance over tire size!

#7 ·
Reactions: EDDIE FONZARELI
#9 ·
No I never installed them; bought them from another member with the intentions to install them with the 37s but I'm going with 35s

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#10 ·
#11 ·
#13 ·
#14 ·
#15 ·
#16 ·
Bump:)

#17 ·
bump!!

#20 ·
these gears are for someone running 37s or bigger, if you had these gears on stock size tires or even 35s you'd be running 3000-3500 rpms at 60mph which isn't productive at all, and your top speed would be dropped down to about 85-90

#19 ·
The higher gear ratio would mean more acceleration but a lower top speed. That assumes you are running the OEM tire size.

#21 ·
Even with 37" tires 4:56 gears is pretty steep on the titan with the Jatco 5 speed auto it has. I have 37" nittos with 3:73 gearing now and It feels and accelerates like it did with the 3:42 BT gears and stock size tires. I had 4:11's for a short period of time with the 37's but removed them due to it was killing me on the highway as i cruz around 70 to 75 mph quite a bit.
I am also not stock and have a few engine mod's so I would see how some people may over gear to make up for lower engine power.

#22 ·
Make me wonder what 3:73 would be like with 35's

#24 ·
I remember reading somewhere that with our five speed transmissions and they way they are internally geared the 2:94 rear end gears are equivalent to having a 3:73 in a four speed automatic transmission vehicle. And our 3:42 BT gears are comparative to a 4:11 rear gear on a four speed auto trans vehicle. So i would think 3:73 rear gears on the titan would be close to a comparative 4:56 gear on a four speed auto trans vehicle.
On my old 2001 Z71 chevy I had 4:56 gears installed with 35" BFG's with the four speed auto trans and It felt comparable to my titan with 3:73 gears and 37" tires...:ftard:

#25 ·
If you have BT gears, or 3.37, I wouldn't regear for 35's. Speedo is hardly off at all with my BT's and 35's, and I didn't notice that much of a lose high way driving or city....and I drive long distance a lot.

#26 ·
bump I need these gone :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.