Nissan Titan Forum banner

WTB: Rear drop kit.

816 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  whitetrash 
#1 ·
Looking for a rear drop kit. Have 2" shackles but not enough. Let me know what you have. 3-5", and noooo shackles. Thanks. 2wd

#2 ·
The proper way to lower the rear of the truck is to buy the kit from Belltech.

You could get the leaf spring pack from Maxtrac/Springtech that lowers it 3-3.5" and keep your drop shackle but i can tell you now that it will ride like crap. You will have 3/4" of up travel before the bump stop touches.

#3 ·
So you would recommend the Belltech kit? What about the Mcaughy drop kit? I need to do bags or something as well so I can still load the bed. Any help would be great! Thanks.

#5 ·
I can tell ya that the two existing helper bag setups (Airlift and Firestone) will not be a good option to use with a McGaugheys or doing the remove a leaf mod. It will ride like a tank and be unbearable.

With a flip kit, you'd be forced to fab a one-off helper bag setup. Sounds expensive... Maybe look into one of those four-link jobbies. I have no idea what they are, but I've heard it's the only way to do a legit drop in the rear and keep any kind of payload capacity/ride comfort.

#6 ·
I have the PRG flip kit on my T with the air lift helper bag kit it rides and drives great i also tow a 16' enclosed trailer weighing about 6000 with out bottoming out once. here is a pic of the instal
[/IMG]

#11 ·
Drop it like it's luke warm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.