Nissan Titan Forum banner

Looking for good buy on rear 3.36 ring and pinion.

427 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Cape Kid 
#1 ·
Guys, I'm looking to do a gear swap. Thanks to a good forum pal I have the front, just need the rear. If there's anyone out there looking to sell a 3.36 ring and pinion set message me, please. Hunting around on the internet, I could order a set for ~$300.

Thanks in advance

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
I have a set. I just picked up a new set of 3.36 while I was building a new rear axle so I didnt have to take my truck out of service while I was putting it together. The new axle is now built and sitting in my garage. The old one is sitting next to it. I have 3.36 ring and pinion. Don't show any issues. The axle kept getting leaks so I replaced the 2006 axle with one from a 2010 for the better bearing design. The ring and pinion are the same for all years though. Where are you located? Also, the carrier is out of the truck, but the pinion is still in the carrier. I need to figure out how to get it out! No axles etc. so need a flange tool to hold it while I turn the nut...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.