Nissan Titan Forum banner

2011 PRO4x locking rear differential INTEREST?

5K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  highfivemike 
#1 · (Edited)
Want to see if there is any interest for a whole locking rear differential (w/o brakes) with 3.357 gear ratio from a 2011 Pro4x with 37,xxx miles. First off I'm a Nissan master tech and had this Pro4x come in with a locking diff issue. Come down to the diff lock position switch in the rear end needing replaced. Which the switch in the diff is only covered 3/36 but the whole diff is cover 5/60 go figure? So after battling with Tech-line for ever I convinced them to cover this guys rear end. So that is how I ended up with it since warranty didn't want it back. I replace the diff lock position switch with new, and since it requires pulling the axles it got new bearings and seals which we all know are pretty common on these rears. With the cost of this locking diff new, the low mileage, and the money I put into it the price is gonna be up there. This is a feeler to see if anyone has interest on here. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
Yes, the locker is simply activated by supplying a control voltage to the mag coil... I believe it's just 12vdc. This means, you can flip a switch and lock it at will.

So, it can be locked in ANY vehicle it's put in - whether that be a 4wd or 2wd Titan, Chevy luv pickup, or even a high powered go-cart.

#21 ·
I can go $22.50 CASH but that's max. :) not sure what it's worth but if I had to guess I would say $500 range. I might be totally wrong about that and if I am please forgive me.

#22 ·
For how new it is that rear looks pretty rusty. My 07 with 90k is in way better condition and no rust. You can find these on craigslist time to time for really cheap. GLWS. btw theres a mod to lock the rear diff while in 2wd. Search bar on this forum is amazing..

#23 · (Edited)
Some of us don't live in Arizona. That's what they look like in northeast Ohio. Non-locking rearends on ebay are $1400-1500 all day, and this one is locking plus has new bearings and seals. For diyer's not that big of deal, but take it to a dealer and see how much it costs ya to put in new seals. Just saying if someone is in need of a pro4x rear used is a good solution, because this rear end new is $3800.

#24 ·
Im aware not everyone lives in Az.. Im just saying ive seen these rear ends go for alot cheaper in better looking condition. So price should refect a rusty rear end from ohio is all im saying and maybe you will have better luck selling it. Just trying to help ya out man with some honest advice.

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.