Nissan Titan Forum banner

Canadians, introduce yourselves!!!

85K views 485 replies 243 participants last post by  MP3 
#1 ·
Hi guys and gals,

Just thought I'd start a thread for us Canadians since theres not much action in the Canada Forum. Introduce yourself and tell us where your from!

Mike in Calgary, AB.
White '06 CC 4x4
No mods yet.

#2 ·
Richard in Dauphin, MB

It seems that the only Titan owners in Canada (besides myself) live in Alberta (there's actually another Titan owner here in Dauphin).

#3 ·
Not all in Alberta....:) I am in Dryden ,Ontario ( 3&1/2hours from Winnipeg, Manitoba). My brother and best friend both have Le's, and there are a couple of bush workers with them and an ex Honda sales man with an Se crew and 350z....So at least 6 "wise" men around here.. We all are loving the Titan..

#4 ·
Cory in Parry Sound, Ontario
Black '04 CC LE 4x4
Received my 2" levelling kit from PRG today so that will be on as soon as everything thaws out enough to work on it. It's minus 37°C with the windchill tonight. Brrrr.

#5 ·
Dave from Airdrie, Ab
Silver '06 KC

#6 ·
Steve in Edmonton, Alberta.

Sig says it all. :)

#8 ·
me in Sudbury, Ontario - been here a long time!

#11 ·
Raider911 said:
Jonathan Wingham Ontario 1992 Chevrolet silverado thinkin about buyin a titan just gotta get some money first
Hey Jonathan, another Canadian! Welcome to the board. You've chosen the right truck to buy!!!

#13 ·
Lurchdubious said:
well uh, my wife's canadian! she grew up just outside of Lethbridge, Alberta.
She must like the wind.

#17 ·
stevieg-unit said:
Hey Dave, where did you get the timing advance done? Is it as good as most people say, and negatives??

Thanks
I got it done at Sunridge Nissan in Calgary. Pretty easy to talk them into it, all I did is print off the instructions, brought them in and they did it while my Titan was getting a service done. As for if it's worth it--I did my exhaust the day before, noticed a drop in low end when I did. The timing advance seems to definitely help with bringing some of that bottom end back. Not really any negatives, unless you count that my pocket is $50 dollars lighter from the dealership when I got it done. Best suggestion, print off the instructions, go to your local dealers and ask. Chances are you'll find at least one around you that will be willing to do it--can't hurt. I know of 3 dealerships in Calgary that will do it now, so it seems they have a bit more liberal attitude up here towards doing this mod than our American counterparts. Good Luck.

#18 ·
Thanks for the info, I will do that...ya after I put on the banks exhaust it seemed a little sluggish till it gets to a decent RPM...I think we also have the same intake, did you have that on before the exhaust?? Was it really loud when giving it some good acceleration? I couldn't believe how loud it was, now that the exhaust is on I don't notice whether the noise is coming from the back or front...lol.

#20 ·
Michael from Surrey, BC

Two weeks ago, I finally got my first truck, my very own 07 Titan SE and I'm lovin' it. Before the Titan, I was drivin' a Windstar. I just got one question though (might be a dumb question), are trucks supposed to be loud when accelerating? It sounded like one of those rental trucks we rented when we were moving. Since this is my very first truck and nobody in my family owned a truck before, I really got nothing to compare the loudness to other than my previous Windstar. Is this normal?

#21 ·
GIGAbite said:
Michael from Surrey, BC

Two weeks ago, I finally got my first truck, my very own 07 Titan SE and I'm lovin' it. Before the Titan, I was drivin' a Windstar. I just got one question though (might be a dumb question), are trucks supposed to be loud when accelerating? It sounded like one of those rental trucks we rented when we were moving. Since this is my very first truck and nobody in my family owned a truck before, I really got nothing to compare the loudness to other than my previous Windstar. Is this normal?

The louder the better!! You gotta love it!
You don't get that much horsepower without a little growl!

#22 ·
GIGAbite said:
Michael from Surrey, BC

Hey Michael, welcome to the forum. It's a great place to get all the info you need on these awesome trucks. The growl under the hood is normal and not too loud but a lot louder than a windstar. You'll get use to it and soon you'll want it louder, then the mods come. After a few mods, comes more mods...and then some. Welcome to TT! :cheers:

#23 ·
Prab from Surrey, BC. 06 LE crew....banks exhaust, magnaflow cats, 2* timing advance, 24" rims, billet grill, custom audio setup, hids, hid fogs, blacked out headlights......

I think that about covers it :upsidedow

#24 ·
Well Well. I'll be the first from Québec. Not a true Québequer though. Born and raised in Sudbury. There's a few Titan's in Québec but not sure that the french boys are aware of this site.