Nissan Titan Forum banner

Pinoytitan REVIVED. A $5000 detail day and not finished yet :)

5K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Reaperx 
#1 ·
So, It has been a while since I posted anything. Great day, a little warm, but a great day to spend some time with a great friend and an old toy.

We washed and polished the exterior, but maybe the next time it'll be the interior and underneath.

ENJOY the pics guys.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
$5000? I don't remember you paying me $5000K. LOL

For anyone intersted here is a list of products used:

We didn't take a ton of photos since we got a late start and battled the sun for most of the day. The truck was filthy and the paint was rough looking with swirl marks and a yellowish tint. Paul generally takes very good care of his toys, but as we've gotten older and priorities change he's let the titan slip a bit. I'm a detailing freak and own more chemicals and tools then I'd care to admit. But it's fun for me and a bit theraputic. Besides, no way I could have one of the best looking Titans running around looking neglected.

The goal was to give the Titan some much needed love. We wanted to revive the paint and do a general cleanup that would bring this Titan back to glory. We didn't have a ton of time so we skimped on the photos, but accomplished most of what we set out to do.

Here is a quick overview of the process...

We started with a power wash from my trusty Karcher pressure washer and MTM Foam Cannon. Wheels and tires were cleaned with mutliple brushes and chemicals to remove brake dust and old tire dressings. After multiple washings, we used my Toro leaf blower to remove most of the water and begain to decontaminate the paint in preperation for polish. The surface was clayed to a smooth finish. Headlights and tailights polished and then sealed with a Nano Ceramic coating. The paint and rims were then sealed or waxed. Windshield, windows and mirrors were cleaned. Final step was to dress the tires and do a quick wipe down.

For anyone interested here is a list of the products used.

-Karcher K5.740
-MTM Foam Cannon
-Chemical Guys Mr. Pink with a cap full of Optimum No Rinse
-Sheepskin Wash Mitt
-Wash Bucket with Grit Guard
-Iron X
-Chemical Guys Medium Grade Clay Bar
-Sonax Wheel Cleaner
-Meguires Degreaser (diluted 4:1)
-Various Microfiber Towels and Cobra Waffle Weave
-Speed Master Wheel brush along with other various brushes for the rims and tires
-Menzerna Polishes SI 1500, SF4000
-Menzerna Powerlock
-P21s Polishing Soap
-Lake County CCS Pads
-Porter Cable DA
-Pre-Wow and Black Wow
-Cquartz
-Stoners Invisible Glass

I'm sure this isn't a complete list of everything used, but it's late and I need to get to bed. LOL

Overall, happy I could help an old friend and get the Titan back to looking sharp! Next up we need to clean that engine bay! :big_grin:

BTW... you need to clean my driveway! LOL

Enjoy!

#8 · (Edited)
Looks great. What wheels are you running pinoytitan?

EDIT- Enkei RT-6's... I need a set

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
Those are two fantastic looking trucks. Nice work, gentlemen.

Reactions: gary748
#11 ·
That Silver truck sure looks pretty and it didn't get detailed. LOL

#12 ·
My two favorite trucks aesthetic wise, pinoytitan and pinoytitan. how are you you lowered in the front pinoy?

#15 ·
I'll answer for Paul since he may not see this for a while. He's using the McGaughy's 2/3" lowering kit. I believe he has the yellow Bilsteins up front and the shorter Belltechs out back.

Reactions: Reaperx
#13 ·
What product are you using on the tires these days?

#14 ·
I have 2 favorites in my arsenal "Pinnacle Black Onyx" which is what I used on the Titan. And my other favorite is "CarPro Perl" which is what I use on the M3. Gives it a nice satin look. Both are great products that don't attract dirt or produce any sling. Neither will give you the "wet" tire look. But the real key is to make sure the tire is clean before dressing.

#16 ·
oh nice! do you happen to know what offset his enkei rims are?

#17 ·
#18 ·
ive found up to a 30mm offset through some ebay shops. These in gun metal grey are my dream rims ha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.