Nissan Titan Forum banner

chemical guys products

7K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  LSturbointeg 
#1 ·
anyone use these. they are priced good and seem like good reviews. rather have reviews from this community

#2 ·
Yes I use there products. I like the results that can be had with them. I will never use over the counter s$!t again. Also I use a porter cable d/a. It's OK and I will be getting a Rupes 21 to be able to correct paint more effectively. Chemical guys is priced very well and M109 paint sealant is sharp it last a good 6 months in the PNW.

Also look into 22ple sealant as I think that is were car products will eventually go. I also want to here get PolishAngel.com products because you can get outstanding results. Chemical guys has Second skin 6 and to here one next level sealant. AUTOGEEK.net has an amazing a ray of products.

Sorry it's long but I have not payed for a detail in 17 yrs. You get what you pay for as long as it is not over the counter. They have to many fillers and will not correct paint. Polishes are supposed to take the scratches out not fill them. Because is 4 notes the same scratches will be back.

#3 ·
ah thanks for the reply I'm looking for something that will hide some of my smaller rock chips to i don't have days of time to fill them etc. looking to just wash/clay bar/ polish / wax

#5 ·
#4 ·
I have been using chemical guys for a few years. A buddy of mine is a dealer and set me up with some to try. The quick detail spray (it's pink) is the best I have used and I like the butter soft wax as well. For the price I think they are a solid purchase.
Sorry I don't have any before and after pics but if you spend the time with the v-series you can do some amazing things.

#6 ·
I just washed my Titan using this kit from them. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F5MCL1E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Comes with the foam gun, a soft wash mitt, a wool wash mitt, a drying towel, the Honeydew soap, and the gallon citrus soap. I think they should have gone with the gallon on the Honeydew instead, as the citrus stuff will strip any wax or sealant you have on there.

http://i.imgur.com/0XgGeyP.jpg

That's what he looks like after drying. I used Meguiars black wax, don't remember the exact name, but it almost completely eliminated the swirls, and made the couple scratches and what not less obvious.

#7 ·
chemical guys products are all garbage. Sorry to say its just rebranded junk and you will get the same results from the likes of Turtle Wax. I highly recommend using griots garage, meguiars detailer line, carpro usa, or anything available from autogeeks online shop. I have been detailing from years and I threw away my chemical guys products when I found how effectively better products worked. Some go for $100 a gallon.

#9 ·
i agree with this since i made this thread i have used multiple of their products very good quality. price is also good

#13 ·
unfortunately you dont know what youre talking about but ok. Go on google and search is chemical guys a good brand you will see. They use great marketing and hot girls to sell products. Never seen another company with 20 different soaps because its all bs. Sure your car might shine after a wash but a product such as Pinnacle will have the same gloss but last longer. i do this for a living full time so......

#17 ·
#14 ·
Turtle wax is just as trash as all that trash on that "detail" cart with that walmart tire shine. Get some Optimum tire gel lol. a bmw cleaned up nice, my what a surprise lol. V line is trash get you meguiars 101 and 205 you only need 2 products. I spent over 1500 on chemical guys and still have some bs. The new car smell is ok. blacklight is a nice gloss. you want real wax use something like Collinite 845. Any who im done arguing about this, back to locker information for me.

#15 ·
lol ::crying::

#20 ·
I guess he's mad because he spent $1500 on CG with bad results? Maybe he has no clue how the properly detail?

#21 ·
WAX ON WAX OFF!

you could use any big brand product and have great results on these trucks. Nissans clear coat blows.

#22 ·
Just sayin... Chem guys bare bones works miracles for anything black... including the frame

#23 · (Edited)
I can't say i am expert at detailing but I have tried a lot of products and, for me, chem guys worked really well. The black wax and the buttery smooth wax are awesome.

I like how easily it went on and buffed out. no haze and I really like the smell. I know that is not the best way to judge a good product but I care about it. My issue is I always seem to wax when it is too hot. Even in the garage shade it is still on the hot side. I also overuse products so I have problems with haze and product not coming off. Chem guys is so smooth and viscous I do not have an issue with overwaxing

My buddy LOVES griotts but i tried their leather conditioner and it stunk up the car.

#26 ·
just used this random snow foam canon from Ebay for like $14 and works like a charm. i'm sure CG just buys the same canon and puts their logo on it? The CG Maxi Suds is pretty sweet and smells great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.