Window wont go up! - Nissan Titan Forum
Electrical & Wiring Forum for discussion of all your Electrical & Wiring troubles and needs. Sponsored by Optima Batteries. Advertisement

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Window wont go up!

so i wen to the store with the wyfe and rolled my window down on the way there...now it wont go back up! any ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 05:49 PM

Re: Window wont go up!

my back window button is F'ed up. maybe youre having the same problem? try fooling with it til its in its stationary position then try to raise it with the driver controls. i lose my mind when passengers touch that damn button. other than that, your motor may have died. is it your rear passenger window? ive heard that is the first one to go.

2006 Smoke CC SE BigTow
2* Advance, Nismo Cai, Gutted rear-cats(resos), 2.5inch custom single exhaust from cats back, 18inch Magnaflow 1in 2out turned down at muffler. Stillen LTs. Sitting around 12mpg average.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 08:12 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Mine did this a few weeks ago. I took the door panel off and smacked the window motor with a long screwdriver and a hammer and fixed the problem. Just needed to do a "healthy" reset of the motor. Knock it back inline.

NEW:
2007 VW GTI
APR Tuned Stage 2

SOLD:
2009 CC 4X4 SE
PRO4X Wheels
305/60-18 Nitto TerraGrapplers
ALLDAYFAB Lowering Shackles
PRG 1.5" Level
Rough Country UCA's
#4 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 10:32 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I am haveing the same problem and it is the pass rear window, WTF!!!

'05 Nissan Titan SE CC
6" lift, Bilstein 5100's/08+ Coils
35X12.50 BFG KM2's on 18" Fuel Hostage
Dynomax Bullet, AEM Brute Force CAI
Headlight MOD, Taillight MOD, 3rd brake light MOD

"I am not an auto mechanic by any means, but I do pride myself on giving anything a try if it can save me money." - buster53

UP NEXT: BDGT, Traction Bars
#5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 12:30 PM

iTrader Score: 26 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecsxj View Post
I am haveing the same problem and it is the pass rear window, WTF!!!
If I roll down my rear driver side window from my seat, it goes down but not back up. However, I can roll it back up by reaching back and using the switch that's attached to that window.

It's driving me crazy!

2008 Nissan Titan XE Crew Cab with Popular Package

PERFORMANCE: BullyDog PP | Airaid MXP 4" Missile Intake | Stillen High Flow B-Pipes | Flowmaster True Dual Super 40 | Tru Cool 4588 Transcooler
SUSPENSION: 08+ 4x4 Coils | Bilstein 5100 Struts| 1.5" PRG Blocks | Bilstein 5125 Shocks
GOODIES: HID Low Beam and Fog Lights | 4 Kragen HID's on Defiant Light Bar | Window Screen Mod | Axle Vent Mod | Custom Traction Bars | OnFair Headrest Monitors | TonnoPro TriFold Tonneau | Fumoto Drain Valve | Hankook Dynapro ATM 275/60/20 | 20x9 Ballistic Jesters -12 offset
OTHER RIDE: 2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4x4 | 4 Rigid Duallys | Custom Light bar | Plasti Dipped Wheels | Hankook Dynapro ATM 245/70/17
#6 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 05:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to BLOWBYU

Is there a way to test the window switch with a volt meter to see if it is bad? My window will not roll back up.

04 Titan LE KC 4x2
Smoke
BT Mirrors
BT/hitch
Bought first week out!(Dec 2003) Boy am I dumb!

#7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 05:40 AM

Mine is doing the same thing .
#8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book0825 View Post
Mine did this a few weeks ago. I took the door panel off and smacked the window motor with a long screwdriver and a hammer and fixed the problem. Just needed to do a "healthy" reset of the motor. Knock it back inline.
I did the same thing it worked for a few weeks then went out again. This time I almost didn't get the window back up. Went ahead and changed the motor. If you have to change the motor search around for it. Nissan's price is $317.00 for just the motor. I got one from Carquest for $115

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top