Nissan Titan Forum banner

Backup sensor wire broke at connector

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  EJones 
#1 ·
Hi folks,
Well I finally got sick of not having my backup sensors due to a fault, so I ran the diagnostic and it said outside driver side sensor malfunction. I got under there to take a look, and discovered that the green wire going to the sensor connector was broken off right at the connector. There is still a stub of wire stuck in the connector, but it is not long enough to splice the wire. Do any of you electricians know if it is possible for me to pry out the stub out of the connector or open it up somehow and just connect the wire back into the hole, or do I need to get a new connector and re-do the connections. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

#2 ·
I had the same thing happen on the column shift connector. Right at the connector one of the wires broke off for my manual mode on/off button causing me to not be able to go into manual mode. Got the run around from my dealership but they finally fixed it. If you have a good dealership you might be able to get the pin from them and an extractor to do it yourself. You could also disconnect it and see if it's possible to slide it out yourself, possibly a really small screwdriver, jewelers flat tip maybe. Otherwise maybe try soldering back on and see if that helps it. I'm not really too sure other than knowing the dealer does have replacement pins. sorry I couldn't be of more help.

#3 ·
Reviving this old thread as I have the same issue, broken wire and apparently a damaged plug as well on the harness - for the backup sensors. Want to avoid having to purchase and install an entire new wire harness for the rear bumper. Does anyone know if the plug connectors used are a common type that I might be able to source elsewhere?

#4 ·
Has anyone replaced the sensors in the bumper ? Replaced buzzer and still have a problem. Sometimes it works for a few beeps then shuts off. All wiring looks intact so am going to replace all sensors since truck has 279k miles. Cannot find a replacement video or instructions. All help appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.