Nissan Titan Forum banner

Wiring Help??

2K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  oompahlumpa 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I am hoping someone can help me out. When I bought my T it had foglights + some sort of light behind the grill, but they appear to not be hooked up correctly. I snapped some photos so hopefully someone can help me get these hooked up correctly.

Here are the lights that I am referring too:

And here is the toggle switch that was installed on my dash (looks like it has a power led which does not light):

Here are the random wires that I found in my engine bay that don't seem to be wired to anything:

If anyone can help me out that would be killer! I would like to get these lights functioning properly!

See less See more
#2 ·
Pics don't load for me. Can't help you.

#4 ·
fog lights look factory but do you have the headlight stalk switch? the ones in the grill are warning lights of some sort, probably had multiple functions exactly like mine lol. but id say they look the controller outta the truck and left the wiring. stick your head up under the dash on your side and see if there's any random wires comin in the firewall usually through or around the big black rubber round gasket on the left side.. kinda about where your left toe would be if it were resting beside the brake pedal. maybe the switch is for something else you haven't found yet check where the wires are going it should be easy to follow them.. if you don't have the switch for fogs id bet that's what its for...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
that's a relay there looks like it might be for those lights alright, there probably like amber or white strobe lights like what's on a construction truck say.. I have two in the grill there and 2 in the back windows.. spend a lot of time pulling people outta ditches around here in the winter and there just a little added safety. anyways try starting at those lights and follow the wires. maybe those plugs just simply plug back in. do you see any loose wires around the battery that shouldn't be there, maybe the power was unhooked if the light on switch isn't working either.. any in line fuses anywhere?

#11 ·
as you mentioned that thick black wire is probably a ground and the red would be power.. if you can find the other end of that red wire you can see where they got power from. maybe out at the battery somewhere or maybe its in the fuse panel on the passenger side kick panel/glove box ish.. locate the end and make sure its got a good power supply but when you do be cautious, check the switch see if it now has power? did the light come on?.. by this time if there's no fire going on id say you can assume there is another problem lol. look at the relay make sure its all plugged in. 1 wire is likely going out the firewall to the lights from the relay right? 1 is the red.. 1 is grounded(assuming you checked that sorry lol) and 1 is likely going to the switch right? do you have a multimeter? or a simple test light? did you ever find out if you got wires coming outta the lights or if those others plug in?

#13 ·
without being there its extremely hard to get this figured out man its like tryin too tell the wife how to bleed out the air in the water tap when the powers out and the well pump won't kick in.. incredibly easy to do.. open tap.. flip switch on pressure switch close tap when water flows :). but tryin too explain what a pressure switch is and where it is and why there's a switch on a pressure switch.. haha ( ask me why I know this is hard, I was at work at 10pm lol) is there any other wiring guru's out there that might be able too help this lad gitrdone anything I'm missing, though I think your still missing a controler of some sort if there strobe lights...

#20 ·
Simply go to each lamp...
Disconnect the plug at the back
there it should be two wires.

One black
One red

Take a wire and connect from black to the negative side off your battery

Next take another wire and connect from red to positive of battery.

if light is good it should work.
Do the same for remaining lights.

Confirm that works an then I can guild through wiring the lights..

If u don't know how it works u can't fix it......Sent from my titan

#24 ·
lol k. so what your saying is the red wire and the black inside that other one are hooked up and the yellow is not. ya i bet that its the switch wire, pulling the grill off is easy and putting it on is easier, just search here and you'll find a forum explaining how to do it. takes literally 2 min all that you need is a flat screwdriver. then do as he said and check to make sure that then work even.. take some pictures off the lights from behind and try too include as much off the truck as possible I might be able to visually tell you what is going on lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.