Driver side plugs - Nissan Titan Forum
Electrical & Wiring Forum for discussion of all your Electrical & Wiring troubles and needs. Sponsored by Optima Batteries.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Driver side plugs

What are these two? Tow brake assist and something else? *New to mods of any kind*.

Sent by my thumbs using whatever means necessary

2005 CC Off Road 4x. New to mods. I'm a dry sponge.Pourrr some knowledge on mehhh!

Last edited by TheeKB; 04-17-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 04:54 PM

Thanked 3,454 Times in 2,215 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Re: Driver side plugs

Top one is the OBDII plug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 Titan 4x4 CC SE Majestic Blue
Uprev tuned by Seymore, JBA Evol catback, Cajun catless B pipes, Airaid MXP 4" CAI
8" Boston acoustic's sub in Tech12volts ported box w 1000 w renegade amp
Autostart remote start, bedlined OEM wheels, bumpers, and grill. Go Rhino D2 steps.
Pyramid Automotive Retro fit headlights with Xenonvision H1 Hid's and super bright LED reverse lights, blue interior LED's, and white exterior LED's.
Smoke hood shield and in channel window deflectors, Custom grounding kit by FAK.
Pro4X skid plate, 20" double row Cree light bar, rear bumper flushmount Cree LED's
Leer 100R Topper, Goodyear Duratracs 275/70/18,
Dirt King UCA's, DR/ICON coilovers, 1.5" rear block w/Bilstein 5125's.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 05:06 PM

Garage

Here are the directions from the manual.
Apply the parking brake to access the jumper harness connector.
Locate the jumper harness connector under the lower portion of the instrument panel. The connector is taped to the wiring harness. The connector is marked with a white tag with “elec brake conn”.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Uprev tuned by Seymore, JBA Evol catback, Cajun catless B pipes, Airaid MXP 4" CAI
Autostart remote start, bedlined OEM wheels, bumpers, and grill. Go Rhino D2 steps.
Pyramid Automotive Retro fit headlights with Xenonvision H1 Hid's and super bright LED reverse lights, blue interior LED's, and white exterior LED's.
Smoke hood shield and in channel window deflectors, Custom grounding kit by FAK.
Pro4X skid plate, 20" double row Cree light bar, rear bumper flushmount Cree LED's
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FishnAlaska For This Useful Post:
Lee-the-Impaler (04-16-2017), TheeKB (04-16-2017)
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 10:12 PM

Location: WESTERN (actual) Colorado.. where the mountains are.
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Man, it's actually weird to see under a Titan dash that doesn't have 20+ extra wires zip tied to the harness and two banks of relays bolted to the frame.

Now I wanna tear out my dash again and clean up my add-ons..lol

and thanks fishn, A brake controller is likely in my distant future, and I never knew that.

09 CC HME SE 4X4 FFV FORMER Mountain Oilfield Workhorse, Current daily scrap metal hauler!

Till it falls apart.........
.......Or I do

September 2014 Titan Talk Titan of the Month

-----Hobbyist 12v mad scientist-----
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-the-Impaler For This Useful Post:
TheeKB (04-17-2017)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Driver side plugs

[QUOTE=FishnAlaska;7383057]
[QUOTE=Lee-the-Impaler;7383297]
Speaking of OBD2's and wires, U guys ever use one of these? Know of anyone else that has? Opposed to the bully dogs? (I'm Assuming that's what they hook up to...)

*included is a link I read referencing the mod. The pics are just screenshots from the App Store of one particular mod app I was checking out while looking on my own (separate from the article).

Sidenote: I happened to discover a YouTube channel today. "StaceyDavidsGearz" and man! I got the tuner fever! One particular segment was, "Working mans truck upgrades". That's my kind of upgrades. I hope I'll be able to do as much myself as I can stand b/c that looked fun. Thx again guys!

http://www.archer-soft.com/en/blog/7...-apps-your-car

2005 CC Off Road 4x. New to mods. I'm a dry sponge.Pourrr some knowledge on mehhh!

Last edited by TheeKB; 04-17-2017 at 11:24 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 06:55 AM

I use a bluetooth adapter to read my OBDII data, and I use the Torque app. Only failing I've found so far is that it won't read trans temp. And while this hooks into the same port, and reads the same data stream, these devices and apps do not provide any tuning like the BDGT or UpRev. They are only data monitors.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dubyam For This Useful Post:
FishnAlaska (04-19-2017), TheeKB (04-18-2017)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:48 PM

Garage

Running the same, a bluetooth adaptor and Torque pro (but I also have Uprev tuning). I don't believe any of the apps can read the transmission temp as it doesn't go through the ECU, also the transmission is locked out from most tuners that I am aware of

Last edited by FishnAlaska; 04-19-2017 at 04:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FishnAlaska For This Useful Post:
TheeKB (04-20-2017)
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Was reading another thread and now I'm confused... is my '05 4x with tow package even compatible with the assists like the Genesis?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top