Nissan/Dodge 2010 Dodge/Titan - Nissan Titan Forum
Future Titan Discussion This is an area to discuss the direction of the future versions of the Nissan Titan.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 06:48 AM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Nissan/Dodge 2010 Dodge/Titan

I want to know peoples thoughts on the dodge and nissan plan. i personnaly dont like the idea thaat the new Titans will be made by dodge. if i wanted a ram i would buy a Ram. i was planning on getting a new one once they came out in 2010 but i dont know how i feel about dodge building them. It almost kills it for me. Think i might just Buy a 2009 Nissan instead of a Dodge/Titan. i really dont know how reliable the Rams are i just dont care about Dodge. Could be worse though they could have partnered with Ford. Ok want to hear some thoughts on this informative ones not one sentences replys. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 07:31 AM

Re: Nissan/Dodge 2010 Dodge/Titan

I'm glad I bought my 08 PRO-4X! I have one of the last of the Mohecans! When I'm ready to replace this one, I'll have to weigh the options out there. Probably won't be another Nissan if this is what their doing.

[
#3 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 10:11 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

I will not buy a dodge/nissan mutt, but I may consider the all nissan HD Titan.
#4 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 03:55 PM

Just bought a 2008.5. Seems a shame that this will be my last of the dying breed.

08.5 Crewcab LE 4x4
Desert Stone/Graphite Leather
Tow
Husky Floor Mats
Spash Guards
Mats
Wade Ventvisors (factory will not honor warranty)
OEM Toolbox
OEM Bed Divider
Underseat Storage
#5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 05:56 PM

My lease is up in 2011 and I don't know if I will get a Ditan. I will most be dissappointed with no Nissan motor available. Though I may consider the HD as long as gas ain't $6.00 a gallon. Other wise I will have to check out the new Fords with their new direct injection motors.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 08:33 PM

My history of reliability issues with Dodge and Chrysler has been poor. This is not a wise move on Nissan's behalf IMO.

When gas gets to $5.00 a gallon I'm going to buy a Vespa and park the Titan anyway.

The above post is my opinion....nothing more.

2008 Pro4X Big Tow, Prodigy brake controller, DVD, Navigation, leather, sunroof, Homelink, Nissan bug shield and sunroof shield, Nissan nerf bars, factory bed liner, utilitrack, BDPP premium tune, Injen CAI, PRG level kit, 33'' Cooper ST MAXX tires, UnderCover tonneau, KC Highlighter long range lights front, PIAA reverse lights rear, RF stereo + Tech12 box with 12" BMF sub and 500 watt RF amp, Whelen 150 dB electronic horn, Grover 1510 Stuttertone air horns with 5 gallon tank and Viair 400C compressor.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 08:41 PM

Does this mean the Titan line will be eliminated in 2010? If so, this can't be good for resale value.
#8 (permalink) Old 05-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Just a thought but Nissan has said the new truck to be produced by Dodge has yet to be named. I have also read articles in other threads on this forum that state Nissan will be building a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup that will be entirely Nissan. If these two statements are indeed accurate, I would rather see the Titan name go to the HD trucks that are "all" Nissan. Just my two cents, time to rub my rabbit's foot.
#9 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fikse7
Does this mean the Titan line will be eliminated in 2010? If so, this can't be good for resale value.
Sure it can. Why would you think resale would go down if they stopped making the Titan? If anything, it should go up I'd think.

[
#10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 12:35 AM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex
When gas gets to $5.00 a gallon I'm going to buy a Vespa and park the Titan anyway.
Not to be off topic, but you guys talk of $5 or $6 a gallon gas like you don't expect to hit that mark...esp. by 2010-11? ...Sitting at $4 here in Cali. BEFORE Memorial Day and the start of the summer season...I'd be checking out VespaTalk.com real quick if you're serious about that.

*SOLD :/* 2006 Smoke XE KC
Lucky Seahawks Mirror Ball, NISMO CAI, Detroit TrueTrac, BullyDog Tuned, RadFlo 2.0 Coilovers / 1.5" PRG Rear Blocks, 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 17" American Racing ATX Predator Teflon wheels, A.R.E. Z-Series canopy, Ultraliner Bedliner, Drink Docker cup-holders
#11 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 06:29 AM

actually from what i read recently and not taliking about the 3 year old deisel rumor but i am thinking the new heavy duty line actually made by Nissan will be just a comercial line and not a consumer line. but i could be wrong. if not i would rather a nissan 3/4 ton then dodge 1/2 ton. but only time will tell. he is right though gas will be 4 or 5 bucks by 2010. unless the new president whomever he is can do something about it.
#12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 06:37 AM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

before we start getting our panties in a bunch let's consider a few things first. first off the saltillo plant in mexico that dodge owns is no longer going to be used, that is till nissan said, "hey dodge, how's about you build our truck FOR US?" basically that is it... Dodge will utilize the Saltillo plant in good 'ol Mexico to build the upcoming new Nissan Titan to Nissan SPECS, NOT dodge designs or specs. sure, some things MAY BE shared but rest assured it will be Nissan thru and thru. the VK56, will be greatly improved to yield numbers equal to or better than the toyota 5.7L iFarce.

#13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan
before we start getting our panties in a bunch let's consider a few things first. first off the saltillo plant in mexico that dodge owns is no longer going to be used, that is till nissan said, "hey dodge, how's about you build our truck FOR US?" basically that is it... Dodge will utilize the Saltillo plant in good 'ol Mexico to build the upcoming new Nissan Titan to Nissan SPECS, NOT dodge designs or specs. sure, some things MAY BE shared but rest assured it will be Nissan thru and thru. the VK56, will be greatly improved to yield numbers equal to or better than the toyota 5.7L iFarce.
I heard something very similiar from my salesman. He was saying he talked to some Nissan Canada 'upper managment' types, at a recent dealer convention, and asked about the Dodge thing. They told him Dodge will be assemblying Nissan's truck...all Nissan Parts and engineering, just using Dodge's cheap labor basically.

He also asked about the HD coming, they said a 3/4 ton and 1 ton both with dually options is coming out of current plant the Titan is coming out of it. The HD will 100% Nissan just like the current Titan.

But only time will tell.

2007 SE Off-Road
JBA cat-backs
Injen CAI
Stillen LT SS Headers

First Titan in Canada Uprev'd with dyno
1997 XE Hardbody 5-speed, 4x4 - 'lil tank
This electronic crap makes me want to get the old 1980 3/4 ton Dodge restored...no *$@! IPDM, ECU relays or #@!& computers!!
#14 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan

So what you're saying is that you'd purchase and own a Mexican built Dodge Titan over an American made truck?

No way in hell!

Last edited by TitanThunder; 05-10-2008 at 08:09 AM.
#15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 08:31 AM

I Spoke To The Nissan Distict Manager One Day At The Dealer And He Says "cummins Engine And A Nissan Transmission, With A Nissan Body. The Engine Is The Only Thing That Is Dodge Related, And Dodge Doesn't Even Build The Darn Thing." I'm Gonna Wait And See What They Look Like, Because I Would Not Mind Having A 3/4 Ton Diesel Titan. Plus The Last Dodge Diesel We Had The Engine Never Had A Problem. I Kept Going Through Transmissions.

2007 Nissan Titan CC 4x4 LE, -Daily Driver. Nismo CAI, PowerAid tb spacer, 2 degree advance, 2" Ready lift front kit 1" rear blocks, 35x12.50r18 Toyo open country m/t.
2005 Nissan Titan KC 4x4 Off-Road, -Not so daily driver. Stillen supercharger (3rd motor currently broken), AEM CAI, Custom tb spacer, 2 degree advance, Jba Headers, No cats, 3" straight pipe, 5" RBP tips, true dual exhaust, Pro-comp 6" stage 1 lift, Daystar 2" spacers, 3" custom body lift, Custom rear springs, Modified dana 60 rear axle w/4.88 gears, Modified front GM diff w/4.88 gears, 38.5x12.50r18 Pro-Comp Xterrain. Bare foot gas pedal (one day I will actually fix it and be able to drive it again)

Jump to top