Nissan Titan Forum banner

new member from alabama

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jsocks014 
#1 ·
Hey guys thinking about stepping up to the titan I've been driving a frontier the last 8 years just wanting a bigger backseat and bigger bed so the titan seemed like the obvious fit since I like nissans my biggest concern would be the gas mileage difference. How many miles would you say you get to a gallon on yalls titans and do yall think putting a kn air filter and a bullydog on it would help cancel out the difference. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
welcome to TT. you will get a lot of opinions on the air filter and bully dog. air filter did nothing mpg wise for me, the bully dog was a minimal improvement (but anythng helps). mods, tire size, lift will all effect your mpg as well. bottom line, our t's drink like college freshman at their first kegger. i get about 12.5 in the city, 14-15 combined and can get around 17 on the interstate with pretty easy driving. here are some stats i did a while ago for reference but these are pretty much getting up to speed, using cruise control and not touching the pedal to see what my truck *could get. http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-general-discussion/161520-real-mpg-mileage-info.html

dont by a T for the mileage, buy it because it is badazz and you will love the truck! jmho

#3 ·
Echoing some of fish's comments, I have the Volant intake, Magnaflo OEM muffler swap, and a SuperChips tuner running the 87 performance tune and a 2° timing advance and WOT restriction removed. I average about 14 to 14.5 per fill up. I really need to change my plugs and PCV valves, that could help with the MPG. Like fish said, don't buy a Titan for the mileage, buy it for size and capabilities if you need them.

#4 ·
#7 ·
Welcome to the T world, I myself drove a 2010 frontier for a couple years, I made my dad trade me for his 2012 heavy metal chrome SV.. never going to get another truck other than a Titan. As far as gas goes, the 2010 frontier doesn't get THAT much better than the T but it is well worth the the sacrifice for the room and capability compared to a frontier!

#8 ·
Welcome, got 18-19 mpg in my 2012 frontier pro-4x, getting 15-16.5 depending on how much hwy in my titan. Worth the loss in mpg hands down. This truck offers way to many smiles while driving to think about mileage haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.