Nissan Titan Forum banner

Hello from Montana!

2K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  406-Titan 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I wanted to introduce myself to the forum! I have been a member over at ClubFrontier for years and after owning two Fronties it was time for a change. I just picked up a 2005 King Cab Off Road 4x4 for my winter rig. I can't wait to get this beast out into the snow! I should have it ready just in time for hunting season.
I did have a quick question, I have done a bunch of research but with so many variables on the Titan I wanted to confirm. I intend on buying a Rough Country 3" lift w/UCAs tomorrow and wanted to put 315/70/17 Duratracs under it. I have no issue doing the PWM and, if I have to, I'm willing to lose the mud flaps. On stock OR rims will this set up work? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Welcome Welcome! You're gonna love your T. I believe you can run 35's but you need a certain amount of lift, not exactly sure how much. Regardless you will have to take off your mud flaps and you might have to do some minor trimming. Any reason you want to go with Rough Country as apposed to a "higher quality" lift like Pro Comp or Fox? Regardless, welcome to the site. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions as well as many of the great, and more knowledgeable, members you'll meet here.
Quick Guide
Most Popular Tuners: (Cheap) Bully Dog GT 40415 Gas Tuner. Get a used one on here for about $250.
(Expensive) Uprev. Many sponsor members on this site that can help you through the process if you wanna go that direction. Depending on the version its about $700. It's also suggested you get JBA long tube headers with this set up.
Most Popular Air Intake: Air Raid MXP
Most Popular Exhaust: Cajun B-Pipes, Cajun Y-Pipes, and Borla XR-1 40944
Cheap DIY Mods: Follow this Link: www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/67876-*******-engineering-diy-mods.html

Welcome to the site!

#3 ·
You'd have a hard time clearing 35's with that kit on an 05 4wd, but it could be done. I'd stick to 33's honestly. 33's will for all reasons look better, and will preform better than cramming 35's on the truck.

#4 ·
Thanks for the responses! Ermahgerd, I decided on the RC because I can get it for $200 :). Are there cheaper alternatives to the 6" lifts offered by ProComp or Fox?

The reason I wanted to put the 35's under the truck was for the additional 1" of ground clearance. When I go hunting we normally have decent snow down in the mountains, obviously the more clearance the better at that point. But if that set up isn't going to fit, I guess I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board. Is there an affordable way to fit 35's?
Thanks!

#5 ·
The RC kit is the affordable way....doesn't mean it's efficient. It is what it is, the poor mans route to 35's. And it typically involves keeping stock wheel offset, losing your mud flaps, trimming till you don't rub the pinch weld, and further trimming possibly. I had 35's on a similar kit and hated it, plus I rubbed the frame. The RC 6" is 1200 bucks and is the next cheapest way but you'll have the sub frame to contend with then.

Honestly, 33's or a close to 34" tire is your best route.

#10 ·
Welcome neighbor, wherebouts in Montana? I run into Montana a couple times a year.

#13 ·
No snow, its been in the 60's, crazy weather! Love the Duratracs in the snow,it has been a great tire. I go fishing over by Clinton at Rock Creek a couple times a year, in my youth I used to go skiing at Big Mountain, that was when I lived in Washington. Would love to live over on that side of Montana, great country.

#15 ·
Thanks AutoAnything! I don't suppose you sell bushwackers?

Ok, so something strange happened today, I went to pick up up my 05 King Cab and ended up with an 09 Crew Cab Pro-4X. Will the above set up work any better on this? I already have the lift coming and have the tires ready to be ordered through a local store. I just want to confirm before pulling the trigger on $1300 tires :O

#16 ·
You will run into the same limitations with tire size. 35's on the mini lift is still a bad idea. It'll be a little less bad on a pro4 but you are still going to severely ruin your up travel and have to hack your fenders apart.

#17 ·
From what I am reading the 315/70/17 Duratracs come in a little under 34", 33.7"-33.9". Am I right in assuming the with the 3 inch in the front on a Pro4 that things should be okay? Considering the stockers are just under 33's?

Also, what size block should I be putting in the back to level out the 3 inch in front?

#18 ·
As long as you stick around 34" you will be fine. Much over that and you'll be trimming and losing mudflaps for sure.

As for the block, my 12 P4 sat almost dead level with 2.5" front 1.5" rear. Stick to a 1.5" block or 1".

#19 ·
Yeah, I'm running 2.5" up front and 1.5" in the back, although I believe the 05 has 17" tires, the 09 will have 18" tires, might make more of a difference.

#22 ·
That's a little over a 33" tire. That'll be fine.

#23 ·
Well, I just ordered some tires, I got weak at the last minute and decided on 35/12.5/18's Exo Grapplers for the Pro4x. I'm only keeping the truck a few months, if necessary I'll throw more lift at it, but after much reading there seem to be a few guys running this size Nitto on the RC lift. I'll do the PWM and flaps if I have to. Ill post before and after pics! Thanks again for all of your help guys, even if I'm a stubborn bastard that has to learn the hard way everytime!

#24 ·
You will definitely learn the hard way. Have fun :D

#25 ·
OR....get actual springs to lift the rear. Deavers are popular, custom leaves are not too pricey either. Welcome aboard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.