Nissan Titan Forum banner

Hello All!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  sophie18 
#1 ·
Hey ya'll,

I've been in the market for a truck lately primarily for hauling a new toy around (boat). I've finally come across a 2008 Titan XE. The milage on it sits at 138k, but I don't believe that to be an issue considering 1-it's a Nissan, and 2-it won't be a daily driver that I'm constantly bogging down with more miles. 1-owner, good service record. Dealer has it listed at 10,500, but has expressed interest in working the price down and accepting an old car I'm trading it bringing the price closer to the 8-8500 range. I feel like that's a heck of a fair deal, especially for what I'm looking to use it for, but I'm sure ya'll can tell me if I'm blinded by the Titan beauty :nerd: . Lastly I was hoping to get some feedback on tow packages. This truck doesn't look to be equipped, but I'm totally open to adding that on my own dime. How hard/costly will I be looking for this? Be gentle as I'm new to all this truck and towing business. Many thanks in advance.

Bake

#4 ·
XE is gonna be the base model titan. Meaning, of course, lowest options. Does it have the full 4 doors or just the 2 full doors and 2 half doors? That will come into play with the price as well. My Titan isn't the Big Tow package but it still has a "Tow Mode". Big Tow's come with the big telescoping mirrors, 3.36 gears, and a trailer hitch. Depending on how much you will be wanting to tow and for how long, you can probably just throw a hitch on the back and tow it that way. I pulled a utility trailer for 8 hours with just a hitch and it performed fantastically. Even though it is a Nissan, these things aren't invincible. I would say you're gonna have problems around 150k with cracked manifolds, leaking axle seals, and the plastic radiator, if it hasn't already. If your truck is just the XE with 2wd, King cab, and non big tow, private party, if this thing was in immaculate condition, I wouldn't want to spend over $6k on it or about $8k total after taxes from a dealer. So I personally wouldn't spend 8k + trade in on it. I bought my 2006 with only 53k miles for 11.5k. And it's the LE, aka highest end model Nissan showcased in 2006. It's the King Cab, Non big tow, and 2wd so it doesn't have all the options but it is still one heck of a deal! So unless Nissan is giving you a 3 year/36k mile warranty with the truck, I would look into private party or try and find a truck with better miles. Just my $0.02.

#5 ·
This is exactly the info I was looking for. It's the full 4 doors and had tow mode, but it is not the big tow package. Probably best for me to keep looking by the sounds of it. Basically got the stealer down to selling it for 9000, and 2000 for trade leaving me to pay 7.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.