Nissan Titan Forum banner

My 07 Titan

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  physicsgeek 
#1 ·
Hello all. I am a relatively new member and new Titan owner. I am located in the St. Louis area and recently purchased an 07 crew cab 4x4 off-road Titan LE FFV. I love this truck! I actually went all the way to Texas for it because the previous owner was a great guy giving me a great deal! And he had every receipt for everything ever done to the truck! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Pickup truck
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Truck

I bought it with intentions of only working on it to fix it, general and preventative maintenance(no mods). Thanks to the refreshing a Titan thread I have a consolidated list of how to do just that. I will be doing most or all of the work in the T myself.

So far I have done:
Cajun vent mod kit
Prg rear shackles

My upcoming to do's:
-Oil and filter change
-Front and rear diff fluid
-Trans fluid (maybe? Need to check receipts from previous owner on when last done)
-brake fluid flush
-coolant flush
-power steering fluid flush
-jba lt headers- I know I said no mods but I also don't want cracked manifolds. I will keep the dual exhaust. If you have a compelling argument for using a y pipe I am open to hearing it but I am also a physicist with a good grasp of fluid flow and don't see the point. Other than saving a few bucks.

I look forward to getting to know some of you guys through here. TitanTalk seems to be one of the best forum communities I have seen. Please let me know if I am missing anything in my refresh process!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the club! I did read what you said about the dual exhaust and from what I heard the current factory configuration is the best for efficiency and performance but that's just what I have heard.

#3 ·
Hello all. I am a relatively new member and new Titan owner. I am located in the St. Louis area and recently purchased an 07 crew cab 4x4 off-road Titan LE FFV. I love this truck! I actually went all the way to Texas for it because the previous owner was a great guy giving me a great deal! And he had every receipt for everything ever done to the truck! View attachment 392306 View attachment 392314

I bought it with intentions of only working on it to fix it, general and preventative maintenance(no mods). Thanks to the refreshing a Titan thread I have a consolidated list of how to do just that. I will be doing most or all of the work in the T myself.

So far I have done:
Cajun vent mod kit
Prg rear shackles

My upcoming to do's:
-Oil and filter change
-Front and rear diff fluid
-Trans fluid (maybe? Need to check receipts from previous owner on when last done)
-brake fluid flush
-coolant flush
-power steering fluid flush
-jba lt headers- I know I said no mods but I also don't want cracked manifolds. I will keep the dual exhaust. If you have a compelling argument for using a y pipe I am open to hearing it but I am also a physicist with a good grasp of fluid flow and don't see the point. Other than saving a few bucks.

I look forward to getting to know some of you guys through here. TitanTalk seems to be one of the best forum communities I have seen. Please let me know if I am missing anything in my refresh process!!

Something to do with scavenging, it helps suck the gases out of the motor. but idk, i haven't done that much reading on it cause i'm on stock manifolds. Its been Dyno proven that the y pipe set up gives you more power.

welcome to the forum.

#6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome all! And honda250xtitan, thank you for mentioning scavenging! I am so tired of people misinforming others that back pressure is "necessary" and engines "need it." It's all about keeping enough suction from scavenging which has to be balanced to cause as little back pressure as possible. (Sorry got a little excited about that, I just have trouble with people blasting improper info and it nice to see that this forum is smarter than that)

Ok, so I am getting all my info together for my fluid flushes. And have a few things that if someone could confirm that would be awesome.

Rear differential uses 75w140 synthetic 3 quarts will do it.

Front diff uses 75w90 synthetic and 2 quarts should do it.

Tcase uses matic D compatible and transmission uses matic J (or S?) and if you buy amsoil universal atf you can use this for both? Does mobil1 have something to be used for both? I will be doing drain and fill on the Trans and not a flush as the truck has not towed anything significant and has not off-roaded to much. I will do a flush in the future. So to have extra in case , 3quarts for tcase and 5-6 for Trans, so about 8-10 quarts. Am I missing anything? Obviously engine oil and filter will be done too.

Thanks in advance. Didn't want to start a new thread to confirm what has been posted so many times before

#7 ·
#10 ·
Welcome aboard Physicsgeek.. cajun wont steer you wrong. Straight shooters when dealing with that group. My dream exhaust setup includes lots of their parts, of which are not on my T yet but soon enough. The masses on here wont steer you wrong either so hit us up for ??'s of any sort. Btw 07's are the fastest haha just need to upgrade the brakes

#11 ·
Thanks everyone! and thanks again honda250xtitan for those links! I never saw the point for doing a full flush unless it is contaminated with water or other fluids... its nice to know Nissan agrees!!

So old oil has been dumped and new Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w30 and mobil 1 filter have been put in (thanks to O'reilly price match so i didn't have to got to Walmart!) although while i was under there i discovered that the passenger axle seal may be leaking :(

can anyone confirm differential quantities? just for my mental health. The manual actually has the weights listed which I am not used to on my vehicles. (Thanks Nissan) I will call Mobile to ask if there mobile 1 atf can be used for both. and maybe amsoil too because why not. finds will be posted.

any other suggestions you guys can think of that should be done??

and SuperTighty5.6 I think I have my choice exhaust but it will be a while and be pricey... jba lth to cajun catted b pipes followed by nismo exhaust with UQ resonators welded in.

#12 · (Edited)
One Diff fluid is heavier then the other, not sure what. I believe i've read that guys on here have ran one same fluid for both diffs though. I've never changed my front diff fluid. the back has one change in it, i put royal purple in it at like 50k. i'm at 96k now:big_grin:

although i've had the pinion seal replaced on my front diff, they might've had to refill it after that fix.

There is a "axle vent mod" that can help the rear end breath and equalize pressures. the stock vent is pretty crappy. It does help the seals, but you can still end up with an axle seal leak even with the vent mod. Cajun sells it on his website.

I believe someone did that same exhaust recently...Nismo exhaust on its own is LOUD. i'm sure with headers and b pipes it'll be nuts, but the UQ should keep it clean sounding. Cajun will know for sure.

#14 ·
Hello all I am new to the form I have 07 titan LE had it for about 4 years now and have been slowly upgrading few things like new shocks and leveling kit 33 tires and recently have had my tail pipe break off at the connection to muffler witch seems to be common so I upgraded my muffler to flowmaster 50 series witch sounds great but not long after I replaced muffler my manifolds have cracked and couple studs broke so I'm currently looking for advice on getting headers and what all needs to be done with tuning and can use stock cats I plan on running regular fuel and I pull my toys around regularly thanks

Attachments

#15 ·
First of all... Which*...

Well I don't know how much help I can be but I will do my best. Your exhaust options of keeping all stock cats is to do shorty headers. Long tubes will get rid of your front ones. Tuning should be done in either case to fix your afr's. (I think tuning should be done for any intake or exhaust changes at all to be honest). From my understanding, all headers will bolt to factory b pipes but you maybe have to extend o2 sensor with long tubes. No expert on exhaust options for this truck though so may be other alternatives. Cajun does tuning that you send in for or you can go to a tuning shop in your area.

As for the broken studs, depending on where they broke and you capabilities/tool selection you have a few options. If part of the stud is still out of the block, grind down the end to fit a wrench around it and it will give you something you can turn. If it is flush with the head. The only thing I know of is to weld onto the end until there is enough to grab/grind to fit in a wrench. Then just hope to bolt comes loose before your weld does... Good luck.

#16 ·
First of all... Which*...
Lol. i didn't make it that far. The lack of punctuation, and the thread jack of your build thread caused me to stop.:devil:

#17 ·
He looked new. I thought he should get one free pass.

So I got under and changed my rear diff fluid. It was definitely needing done but the smell wasn't to bad. It was better than I expected since from the records I have it'd never been done. :/ next up is the front diff but need to find where it's leaking. Also, never used amsoil before but been wanting to for a while. Stuff is pretty nice and the people I talked to ordering were pretty awesome. We will see how the truck feels with all new fluids before judgements are made on it though.

#18 ·
So its been a little while. The truck is running strong and handling everything I am throwing at it. Finally found the leak for the front diff and it seems that the general consensus of the internets is a failing c clip. Anyone got ideas on how bad this is etc? It seems like a slow leak and a lot of people say just push it back it. I don't have any plans of going 4x4 for a while but I am looking at a road trip about 6 hours total. need to know if I can make the trip or it i need to get under there. I am open to opinions and would love to hear anyone with experience on the issue. I am of the opinion that all things should be fixed asap but its cold and Im busy and would like to put it off if possible.

#19 · (Edited)
Ok I hope this gets an answer because I feel making new cluttering threads is obnoxious. I got under the titan this last weekend to change my oil (finally got in some AMSOIL and it seems much happier) and decided to fix the pesky oil cooler leak... or attempt too. I have a couple of issues I am hoping for input on:

1) How sensitive to torque specs is the gasket? I stretched it around and it didnt seem any taller really than the old, but it was the right part number. put the cooler in place and tightened it down. Less leak but still drippy and I know some gaskets have to be tight enough without being too tight! couldn't find any literature listing the torque specs

2) Replacing coolant lines I tried a trick from a mechanic buddy of needle nose vise wrapped in vac hose to clamp the coolant lines, but they were to old and cracked. I am thinking since I don't want to deal with that hassle of clamping/plugging again, I am just going to drain and fill the coolant and replace all hoses with worm clamps. I will get the three(?) radiator hoses but wanted to know if there was any reason to get pre-made hoses for the oil cooler (and transmission cooler lines which I will get to sometime as well...) or if I should just buy a length and cut to fit. And while its drained and all apart, are there any other lines that would be worth replacing?

All input is appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.