Nissan Titan Forum banner

4 yr owner of 05

879 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1AAuto.com 
#1 ·
Hey y'all. I'm new to this site and what caused me to join is that I'm having issues with my 05. I used to have a Ford and I joined their site when I was having issues with that and it helped me a lot. So I'm hoping that this site can help me with my workhorse Titan.

Just recently, my truck hesitated going into reverse. Now I have to Rev her up just to get it engaged. When she's been sitting for a while and I start her up, she goes right into reverse no problem. Fluid levels are fine, but noticing that the color is turning brownish. I added some lucas transmission additive to see if that'll help her out. But no changes. Anybody have any advice I'd greatly appreciate it. She's my everyday work Truck and being a single dad, she's my family vehicle too. So I need her to be safe for us

#2 ·
Get the transmission serviced with a fluid exchange machine. Cost is usually less than or about $200.
Brown fluid is burnt and laden with toasted clutch material. Not good.

Reactions: nightowl
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.