Hello - Nissan Titan Forum
New Member Introductions Are you new to TitianTalk.com forum? Post up and introduction to yourself , and meet new members in this section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hello

My name is Mike, and I just purchased my first Titan. Actually, truth be known, it is my first Nissan. I have loved the look since it came out, and found a deal I couldn't refuse recently.

I have a 2006 Titan SE King Cab with 55,000 miles. I bought it to pull my 26 foot travel trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 09:32 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 4,284 Times in 2,844 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: Hello

I suggest you add an aftermarket transmission cooler and check the transmission cooler rubber lines. Many of us are replacing the spring clamps with worm drive clamps. Quite a few are also replacing the hoses proactively. A lot are also bypassing the radiator - the transmission cooler line goes through the bottom of radiator just before it returns to the transmission. That line through the radiator has been know to fail on the OEM radiator and consequently cause the transmission to fail. The bottom plastic cap on the transmission is also prone to failure causing a loss of coolant. My OEM radiator failed at 59K.

Oh, yeah, welcome to TT!

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, 18" Magnaflow, Berk b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned, CSF radiator, e-fans, JBA LT headers»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Hellwig rear sway bar»
2017 Ford F-350 CCLB 6.7l Lariat - The Towing Beast
Jim aka Bionic Whore™
The Following User Says Thank You to HRTKD For This Useful Post:
nightowl (08-27-2016)
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Any suggestions for aftermarket transmission cooler? I'm also looking to add a transmission temp gauge, as well as looking for a good brake controller. I would love to find a brake controller that flush mounts in the dash, but no luck so far!

1redtitan
Michael

John 15:13

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

All lives matter! Pray for those who protect us!
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 10:03 AM
Premium User

Garage

Brake controller: Prodigy P3

Transmission Cooler: There is a great thread on this topic on the forum. Instructions, parts list, the works. See it here: Long Tru Cool LPD Transmission Cooler (SR4588) INSTALL and Radiator Bypass MOD

Do NOT install e-fans if you're going to tow. If you're going to replace the OEM radiator then I suggest you stick with a single row replacement radiator to maintain the exact fitment of other components.

«Granite '07 LE Crew Cab, 4x4, Big Tow, Off-Road, Side Curtain Airbags, Sunroof»
«ClearBra, Leer 100XQ, MM SI9500 Winch, 18" Magnaflow, Berk b-pipes, Volant PowerCore, AMSoil bumper to bumper, Uprev tuned, CSF radiator, e-fans, JBA LT headers»
«SAW Coilovers and rear shocks, PRG upper control arms and shackles, Hellwig rear sway bar»
Jim aka Bionic Whore™
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 3,893 Times in 2,377 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 137 reviews

Welcome from Cajun Bpipes! The Long Tru Cool mod dropped my tranny temps 15* and no worries about a flooded tranny with coolant from a busted radiator. The all aluminum CSF fit perfect in my 05 Titan and at $350 shipped it's a great deal.

YOUR CRACKED MANIFOLD ONE STOP SHOP

-CUSTOM BPIPES
-JBA HEADERS
-JBA CATBACK
-AXLE VENT KITS
-2.5" CAJUN Y PIPES
-VIBRANT ULTRAQUIET RESONATORS
-CUSTOM TUNING "NO DYNO NEEDED"

http://www.cajunbpipes.com
UPREV INFO-CAJUNTUNING@GMAIL.COM
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Premium User

Garage

Jeff, did you get a single or double row CSF? I think (based on my experience) that a single row will ALWAYS fit. A double will sometimes fit. The risk of a double row coming into contact with the fan, in my opinion, just isn't worth it.

Jim aka Bionic Whore™
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Cajun Bpipes- why was your Long Cool setup $350 shipped? The SR4588 is less than $100 on Amazon, is yours different?

1redtitan
Michael

John 15:13

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends"

All lives matter! Pray for those who protect us!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 05:13 PM
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1redtitan View Post
Cajun Bpipes- why was your Long Cool setup $350 shipped? The SR4588 is less than $100 on Amazon, is yours different?

Re read what he said, he said the radiator was that price.

Performance mods:
UPREV tuned by RB's Titan, MXP CAI, JBA 304SS headers ceramic coated jet black 2000 degree coating, 2.5 Resonated Cajun B-Pipes an catback with Borla 18" XR1

Suspension mods:
6inch stage 2 procomp, 1.5" spacer on extended travel bracket lifted Radflo Coilovers with PRG top hat, PRG UCA's, PRG Off-road trac bars, Deaver C-30's with 3" block an PRG adjustable shackles with bilsteins in the rear.
315-60R20 Toyo mud terrains with 20x10 -18 matte black fuel Vapors

Future Mods:
Level 10 trans when warranty runs out
Remote res rear shocks
Install my grizzly locker
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for joining Mike, it's great to have you here

Tony
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2016, 09:35 AM

Garage

Nice low miles! Welcome to the forums!

------------------------------------------------------------
Titan #2 - 2014 Glacier White CC PRO-4X.

20x10 -24 KMC Wheels, 33x12.5 Toyo RT Tires, Dirt King UCAs, Radflo 2.5" Extended Coilovers, Radflo 9" Rear Shocks w/ External Resevoir, BDGT Tuner, RC 1.5" rear block, RC sway end links, Extended Poly Bump Stops, LEER XR series bed topper, Axle vent mod, custom RGB fog light cubes with filler.

Titan #1 - 2004 Galaxy Black KC SE 4x4. SOLD
------------------------------------------------------------

Rocky Top Titans Facebook
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:14 AM

Never did hear anyone say if the 2 row CSF aluminum would be a direct fit, no shroud or fan issues?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Premium User

Garage

Blew up my fan, shroud and radiator when the fan made contact with the radiator (CSF 2 row). Save yourself some headache and go with a single row for the direct fit. Some guys get the 2 row to fit OK. There isn't any option for location adjustment so it isn't clear why it works for some but not others.

Jim aka Bionic Whore™
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannie View Post
Never did hear anyone say if the 2 row CSF aluminum would be a direct fit, no shroud or fan issues?
I've got a 2004 Titan SE King Cab that I installed a Stillen/CSF 2-row radiator and I had no fitment problems whatsoever. I was prepared to trim the shroud but found it wasn't necessary as there was plenty of room. After 3½ years the radiator developed a pinhole leak and I installed a second Stillen/CSF radiator, again with no fitment issues. A little more than two years since the second radiator install, everything is working out well with the radiator fit.

With the above being said, many other people find they either need to trim the shroud or leave it off. Nobody has ever come up with an answer as to why some people have fitment issues and others don't.

Give a man an airline ticket and he will fly for a day. Throw a man out of an airplane and he will fly for a lifetime.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top