2017 Nissan Titan Review - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan News News articles about the Nissan Titan, as well as other Automotive and Industry news.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 07:05 AM
Registered User
 
dkmura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver, CO area
Posts: 434
Thanks: 17
Thanked 139 Times in 98 Posts
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
My 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve has a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel from 55 to 65. The vibration increases quite a lot at 75 and spreads to the seat. My complaint to Nissan Customer Service was answered with - this is comparable to all vehicles and they would contact me if anything changed in the future. I understand this incoherent answer to mean they accept easily noticeable to moderately severe steering wheel vibration in their trucks at legal highway speeds and have no intention of correcting it in my vehicle.

I told the Customer Care person that I now understand why Nissan does not sell more trucks. With only 5,000 miles on my one month old 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve, I want my money and my old truck back.
Test drove a Titan PR in the past few months and drove at highway speeds (55-80 MPH) without any significant vibrations noted. The ride on the XD definitely is smoother towing a trailer. but the V8 Endurance model felt very similar to my Mark I Titan KC. Have you had your Titan back to the dealer to have it checked? I wonder if this vibration is limited to an issue with your truck.
dkmura is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to dkmura For This Useful Post:
BigMike (01-03-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 12:36 PM
Registered User
 
HisMajestyKingTitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 54
Thanks: 17
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
My 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve has a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel from 55 to 65. The vibration increases quite a lot at 75 and spreads to the seat. My complaint to Nissan Customer Service was answered with - this is comparable to all vehicles and they would contact me if anything changed in the future. I understand this incoherent answer to mean they accept easily noticeable to moderately severe steering wheel vibration in their trucks at legal highway speeds and have no intention of correcting it in my vehicle.

I told the Customer Care person that I now understand why Nissan does not sell more trucks. With only 5,000 miles on my one month old 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve, I want my money and my old truck back.
Has the dealer driven it. What's the service department say. Did they balance the tires.?
HisMajestyKingTitan is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 07:35 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan Review

Looking for others with some input. My 2017 2wd gas Titan SL has a vibration in the seat backs at various speeds but primarily at 72 MPH with no real steering wheel vibration. This was initially noticed at 500 miles on the odometer. The dealer has road force balanced all four wheels, replaced two tires, and then replaced the other two tires and two wheels. Dealer continues to ignore my concern that the source of the vibration is coming from the rear end and states that everything meets manufacturer's spec's. My response is and will continue to be, that any vibration no mater how slight it may be is unacceptable. The dealer deferred me to Consumer Affairs and they're posturing and putting me off telling me it'll be over a month until they can have a rep from Nissan come and trouble shoot the issue.

Just wanted to throw it out there to get my case compiled to Lemon Law the truck and to help steer the service department in the right direction.

Thanks'n advance.
SnoBac is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 2
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan Review

Update to my Steering Wheel Vibration -

I met with a Regional Rep for Nissan and we drove my 2017 Titan PR 4x4 and four other 2017 Titans off of the dealer's lot. Three were XD's, one non XD, and one XD 2x2. One drove smoother, one shook the same as mine and two shook much worse than mine. While the Nissan Rep was polite, he did not feel my steering wheel vibration was much of a problem, but he promised to make sure Nissan engineers were made aware of my complaint.

I filed two complaints with Nissan One. After the second one was going nowhere, I asked Nissan One to either repair my truck or buy it back. That is when the Nissan Rep made an appointment.

My dealer has Forced Balanced my tires four times and rotated them twice. I do not think it is the tires, there has to be some rotating components that just don't rotate the same.

I have a pulsating, rhythmic vibration beginning at 55 mph and continuing at higher speeds. 60 mph seems to be the worst and especially if the truck is under a small load like going up an incline. This is a harmonic vibration, probably caused by the combination of different materials that are incompatible.

Never in my life have I driven a vehicle that has any vibration in the steering wheel unless the tires are out of balance. I drive a lot and have driven a lot of different vehicles over my lifetime. This steering wheel vibration is ridiculous, especially on a vehicle pushing $60,000.

I told the Nissan rep not to count on selling too many of these trucks until this steering wheel vibration is fixed. Nissan certainly is not going to promote repeat buyers with this type of problem and ignoring their responsibility to repair the problem. Truck buyers buy multiple trucks and normally are brand loyal.

Just what good is a 100,000 mile warranty when Nissan just refuses to make the repair?
BigMike is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 12:41 AM
Registered User
 
HisMajestyKingTitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 54
Thanks: 17
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
Update to my Steering Wheel Vibration -

I met with a Regional Rep for Nissan and we drove my 2017 Titan PR 4x4 and four other 2017 Titans off of the dealer's lot. Three were XD's, one non XD, and one XD 2x2. One drove smoother, one shook the same as mine and two shook much worse than mine. While the Nissan Rep was polite, he did not feel my steering wheel vibration was much of a problem, but he promised to make sure Nissan engineers were made aware of my complaint.

I filed two complaints with Nissan One. After the second one was going nowhere, I asked Nissan One to either repair my truck or buy it back. That is when the Nissan Rep made an appointment.

My dealer has Forced Balanced my tires four times and rotated them twice. I do not think it is the tires, there has to be some rotating components that just don't rotate the same.

I have a pulsating, rhythmic vibration beginning at 55 mph and continuing at higher speeds. 60 mph seems to be the worst and especially if the truck is under a small load like going up an incline. This is a harmonic vibration, probably caused by the combination of different materials that are incompatible.

Never in my life have I driven a vehicle that has any vibration in the steering wheel unless the tires are out of balance. I drive a lot and have driven a lot of different vehicles over my lifetime. This steering wheel vibration is ridiculous, especially on a vehicle pushing $60,000.

I told the Nissan rep not to count on selling too many of these trucks until this steering wheel vibration is fixed. Nissan certainly is not going to promote repeat buyers with this type of problem and ignoring their responsibility to repair the problem. Truck buyers buy multiple trucks and normally are brand loyal.

Just what good is a 100,000 mile warranty when Nissan just refuses to make the repair?
Sorry to hear that.

I wonder why you all test drove an XD, though. Shouldn't you have e only driven like vehicles?

My 17 Titan PR has some minor pulsation in the seats at 68-72. You can see the passenger seat shaking a bit at that range. My steering wheel never shakes.

I'm just assuming it's the balancing on the rear tires since seat shakes are attributed to the rear end and steering wheel shakes are attributed to the front.

I dropped the truck off for a balancing today and the adding of some accessories. I'll let you know what they find.
HisMajestyKingTitan is offline  
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2017, 07:03 PM
BAW
Registered User
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Seen others having similar issues. Just trying to see if anyone has had any luck getting repairs or answers from Nissan?
Just purchased my 2017 Titan SL 2WD a couple weeks ago. Around 550 miles I noticed a vibration mostly in the seats. I could feel in driver seat and the passenger seat (empty) was shaking pretty bad. It mostly happens around 70 - 72 MPH. I took it to dealer who road force balanced all tires. The problem is still there and even worse. In addition, been having shifting issues with transmission that seems to be getting worse. I took to dealer again today with 800 miles now on odometer and dealer had me leave it and put me in a rental. I'm so frustrated and just curious if others have same issues and anyone have any luck getting it fixed?
BAW is offline  
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 06:57 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan Review

An update on my 12-30-16 post about the rear end vibration on my 2017 2WD Titan SL.

Now have 10K on the odometer and 8 visits to a couple Nissan service departments and the general response it that I'm being too picky and the vibration is road conditions and that's it. Consumer Affairs has taken the same stance and washed their hands of the issue. All they've done at this point is road force balanced and repositioned the driveshaft. The repositioning of the drive shaft minimized the vibration for about a week or two but it came back and its now the same as it's always been. This just confirms to me that the issue is in the rear end assembly of the truck.

I did take it to my local Infiniti dealer that I've always had top notch service from. They road force balanced all the wheels and tires for me at ZERO cost and road tested the truck with me. Both the master service tech and my service advisor noticed the issue in about 2 minutes w/o even getting on the highway. Their only comment was that "this isn't right" while playing their politically correct cards stating that they don't typically work on trucks and aren't that familiar with Nissan's acceptable tolerances.

I'm convinced that Nissan knows about these vibration issues but simply just doesn't have a fix for them. I've also never encountered such incompetent service writers and techs even after driving Fords for years. This Titan purchase was is such a huge let down and I kick myself everyday for not going with Toyota. I can't imagine what GTR owners go thru when servicing their cars if I'm having issues with a basic $50K vehicle.

To top things off, resale on these things is horrendous after looking on line so it looks like I'm saddled with this pig for awhile.
SnoBac is offline  
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2017, 08:21 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member
 
TitanTX_Pro4X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Abilene, TX
Posts: 559
Thanks: 7
Thanked 60 Times in 55 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoBac View Post
An update on my 12-30-16 post about the rear end vibration on my 2017 2WD Titan SL.

Now have 10K on the odometer and 8 visits to a couple Nissan service departments and the general response it that I'm being too picky and the vibration is road conditions and that's it. Consumer Affairs has taken the same stance and washed their hands of the issue. All they've done at this point is road force balanced and repositioned the driveshaft. The repositioning of the drive shaft minimized the vibration for about a week or two but it came back and its now the same as it's always been. This just confirms to me that the issue is in the rear end assembly of the truck.

I did take it to my local Infiniti dealer that I've always had top notch service from. They road force balanced all the wheels and tires for me at ZERO cost and road tested the truck with me. Both the master service tech and my service advisor noticed the issue in about 2 minutes w/o even getting on the highway. Their only comment was that "this isn't right" while playing their politically correct cards stating that they don't typically work on trucks and aren't that familiar with Nissan's acceptable tolerances.

I'm convinced that Nissan knows about these vibration issues but simply just doesn't have a fix for them. I've also never encountered such incompetent service writers and techs even after driving Fords for years. This Titan purchase was is such a huge let down and I kick myself everyday for not going with Toyota. I can't imagine what GTR owners go thru when servicing their cars if I'm having issues with a basic $50K vehicle.

To top things off, resale on these things is horrendous after looking on line so it looks like I'm saddled with this pig for awhile.
All you can do is blame that dealership. Try another. I have nothing but good things to say about my Nissan dealer which has treated me great!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


SOLD 2010 Titan Smoke Pro4X 4x4, Big Tow Pkg, SWB
- HIDXTRA 6K headlights and fogs
- Bakflip F1
- GoRhino Dominators II nerf bars
- OEM bug deflector
- V1 hardwired
Drag: Stock - 15.60 at 87 mph w/2.29 60ft
TitanTX_Pro4X is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Jump to top


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



  Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Nissan Titan Light Duty TitanDean New Member Introductions 3 08-17-2016 08:36 AM
2017 Nissan Titan Off Roading - Video alfred1976 Titan General Discussion 1 08-10-2016 12:37 AM
2017 Nissan Pathfinder Gains Power, Style and a Better Tow Rating AutoGuide.com Nissan Titan News 3 07-09-2016 07:13 PM
2017 Nissan Armada Unveiled with 8,500-Pound Towing Capacity AutoGuide.com Nissan Titan News 9 03-28-2016 09:16 PM
2017 Nissan Titan Regular Cab Spied Undisguised on a Forklift AutoGuide.com Nissan Titan News 13 02-22-2016 03:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On