2017 Nissan Titan Review - Page 2 - Nissan Titan Forum
Nissan Titan News News articles about the Nissan Titan, as well as other Automotive and Industry news.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 08:05 AM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Re: 2017 Nissan Titan Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
My 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve has a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel from 55 to 65. The vibration increases quite a lot at 75 and spreads to the seat. My complaint to Nissan Customer Service was answered with - this is comparable to all vehicles and they would contact me if anything changed in the future. I understand this incoherent answer to mean they accept easily noticeable to moderately severe steering wheel vibration in their trucks at legal highway speeds and have no intention of correcting it in my vehicle.

I told the Customer Care person that I now understand why Nissan does not sell more trucks. With only 5,000 miles on my one month old 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve, I want my money and my old truck back.
Test drove a Titan PR in the past few months and drove at highway speeds (55-80 MPH) without any significant vibrations noted. The ride on the XD definitely is smoother towing a trailer. but the V8 Endurance model felt very similar to my Mark I Titan KC. Have you had your Titan back to the dealer to have it checked? I wonder if this vibration is limited to an issue with your truck.
The Following User Says Thank You to dkmura For This Useful Post:
BigMike (01-03-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 11-24-2016, 01:36 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
My 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve has a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel from 55 to 65. The vibration increases quite a lot at 75 and spreads to the seat. My complaint to Nissan Customer Service was answered with - this is comparable to all vehicles and they would contact me if anything changed in the future. I understand this incoherent answer to mean they accept easily noticeable to moderately severe steering wheel vibration in their trucks at legal highway speeds and have no intention of correcting it in my vehicle.

I told the Customer Care person that I now understand why Nissan does not sell more trucks. With only 5,000 miles on my one month old 2017 Nissan Titan Platinum Reserve, I want my money and my old truck back.
Has the dealer driven it. What's the service department say. Did they balance the tires.?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:35 AM

Looking for others with some input. My 2017 2wd gas Titan SL has a vibration in the seat backs at various speeds but primarily at 72 MPH with no real steering wheel vibration. This was initially noticed at 500 miles on the odometer. The dealer has road force balanced all four wheels, replaced two tires, and then replaced the other two tires and two wheels. Dealer continues to ignore my concern that the source of the vibration is coming from the rear end and states that everything meets manufacturer's spec's. My response is and will continue to be, that any vibration no mater how slight it may be is unacceptable. The dealer deferred me to Consumer Affairs and they're posturing and putting me off telling me it'll be over a month until they can have a rep from Nissan come and trouble shoot the issue.

Just wanted to throw it out there to get my case compiled to Lemon Law the truck and to help steer the service department in the right direction.

Thanks'n advance.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:46 PM

Update to my Steering Wheel Vibration -

I met with a Regional Rep for Nissan and we drove my 2017 Titan PR 4x4 and four other 2017 Titans off of the dealer's lot. Three were XD's, one non XD, and one XD 2x2. One drove smoother, one shook the same as mine and two shook much worse than mine. While the Nissan Rep was polite, he did not feel my steering wheel vibration was much of a problem, but he promised to make sure Nissan engineers were made aware of my complaint.

I filed two complaints with Nissan One. After the second one was going nowhere, I asked Nissan One to either repair my truck or buy it back. That is when the Nissan Rep made an appointment.

My dealer has Forced Balanced my tires four times and rotated them twice. I do not think it is the tires, there has to be some rotating components that just don't rotate the same.

I have a pulsating, rhythmic vibration beginning at 55 mph and continuing at higher speeds. 60 mph seems to be the worst and especially if the truck is under a small load like going up an incline. This is a harmonic vibration, probably caused by the combination of different materials that are incompatible.

Never in my life have I driven a vehicle that has any vibration in the steering wheel unless the tires are out of balance. I drive a lot and have driven a lot of different vehicles over my lifetime. This steering wheel vibration is ridiculous, especially on a vehicle pushing $60,000.

I told the Nissan rep not to count on selling too many of these trucks until this steering wheel vibration is fixed. Nissan certainly is not going to promote repeat buyers with this type of problem and ignoring their responsibility to repair the problem. Truck buyers buy multiple trucks and normally are brand loyal.

Just what good is a 100,000 mile warranty when Nissan just refuses to make the repair?
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Update to my Steering Wheel Vibration -

I met with a Regional Rep for Nissan and we drove my 2017 Titan PR 4x4 and four other 2017 Titans off of the dealer's lot. Three were XD's, one non XD, and one XD 2x2. One drove smoother, one shook the same as mine and two shook much worse than mine. While the Nissan Rep was polite, he did not feel my steering wheel vibration was much of a problem, but he promised to make sure Nissan engineers were made aware of my complaint.

I filed two complaints with Nissan One. After the second one was going nowhere, I asked Nissan One to either repair my truck or buy it back. That is when the Nissan Rep made an appointment.

My dealer has Forced Balanced my tires four times and rotated them twice. I do not think it is the tires, there has to be some rotating components that just don't rotate the same.

I have a pulsating, rhythmic vibration beginning at 55 mph and continuing at higher speeds. 60 mph seems to be the worst and especially if the truck is under a small load like going up an incline. This is a harmonic vibration, probably caused by the combination of different materials that are incompatible.

Never in my life have I driven a vehicle that has any vibration in the steering wheel unless the tires are out of balance. I drive a lot and have driven a lot of different vehicles over my lifetime. This steering wheel vibration is ridiculous, especially on a vehicle pushing $60,000.

I told the Nissan rep not to count on selling too many of these trucks until this steering wheel vibration is fixed. Nissan certainly is not going to promote repeat buyers with this type of problem and ignoring their responsibility to repair the problem. Truck buyers buy multiple trucks and normally are brand loyal.

Just what good is a 100,000 mile warranty when Nissan just refuses to make the repair?
Sorry to hear that.

I wonder why you all test drove an XD, though. Shouldn't you have e only driven like vehicles?

My 17 Titan PR has some minor pulsation in the seats at 68-72. You can see the passenger seat shaking a bit at that range. My steering wheel never shakes.

I'm just assuming it's the balancing on the rear tires since seat shakes are attributed to the rear end and steering wheel shakes are attributed to the front.

I dropped the truck off for a balancing today and the adding of some accessories. I'll let you know what they find.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top