Now this is funny! - Nissan Titan Forum
Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of Off-Topic items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 01:07 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Now this is funny!

This is from a post on a news site where a Gallup pole official says Obama's approval ratings are expected to drop below 50%. I think people may finally be getting it now.

"A more apt comparison would be Jimmy Carter. Obama couldn't shine Reagan's shoes, although he did get a good close up look at the Emperor of Japan's."
The Following User Says Thank You to bmbroker For This Useful Post:
Papa_D (11-21-2009)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,415 Posts
Re: Now this is funny!

I had heard his approval dropped below 50 but I guess it depends on who they polled and how they asked the questions and although polls are bullshiite, I don't have too tough a time believing these numbers and frankly I'm surprised they aren't lower because we are seeing the worst unemployment since the great depression in some regions.

Three States Set New Unemployment Records - General * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

You know you are in trouble when you are the first black President and the Black Caucus is f*cking with you, lol.

Black Caucus Stalls Finance Overhaul - WSJ.com

In one of the clearest examples of how the weak economy is overtaking Obama administration priorities, the Congressional Black Caucus forced the House to shelve its revamp of financial-sector regulation for two weeks.

According to House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank (D., Mass.), members of the caucus revolted on the grounds that their constituencies weren't allowed sufficient participation in Treasury and Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. programs, such as the Troubled Asset Relief Program or FDIC oversight of failed bank assets.

They also complained more broadly that the administration wasn't doing enough to create jobs for low-income people or preserve minority-owned institutions such as radio stations, lending companies and jobs programs, a person familiar with the issue said.

IRC VK56 Member "BIG CHIEF WANNARACEUM"
2005 XE, "Land Shark",1/4 MILE: 13.851 AT 98.52
Full Street Trim on Snow Tires Record HolderBuild date 3/05

Performance mods: UpRev, JWT cams, NISMO CAI, NISMO True Duals with Dr Gas Xpipe, NISMO Headers with Swain's White Lightning Coating, Suncoast Ram Air Hood, Tru Trac, Burnout mod

Aesthetic mods: NISMO graphics, Grillcraft, Retrax, De-badged, 2" PRG lift, Titan fog lights, 18" LE wheels 285/60/18 Dueler Alenza tires, 35% tint

Stereo mods: Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS head unit, Audison LRX 4/300 Amp, Boston 6x9 coaxials front & Focal 6.5 coaxial rears with JL tweeters in dash.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 05:24 PM

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

It's kind of hard to ignore all the news of the multiple tax increases and warning from the Insurance companies, of the increased cost of insurance for everybody who buys it themselves.

2006 XE CC Pref Pkg BT with AEM Brute Force CAI, PowerAid TB Spacer, TB Reversed Valve ByPass Mod, 2007+ Intake, JBA Headers, MagnaFlow 24" Muffler, 2008+ Rear Axle, Stillen: F & R Sway Bars, Black Diff Cover, Engine Dress Up Kit, 4 pc StreetScene SS Mesh Grille, PRG End Links, Street Traction Bars & Shackles, UpRev Osiris Tuner 93 Performance Tuned, 18" SE Rims, Functional Hood Scoop ...

IRC VK56 Member "Special Operations"

MD Chapter Director
#4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 05:25 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Just think, in a few years it will be as low as Bush's was when he left office.

• '05 Titan SE CC 2WD
    5100's(middlenotch) CST Spindles moog '08 4x4 springs 35X12.5X18 Toyo M/T 1.25 wheel adapters 18x9 Moto Metal Wheels Debadged Bully Dog GT Air Box Mod Mesh Grille Mod
    Headlight Mod Dechromed Taillights Homemade Front Bumper Homemade Traction Bars Homemade Tow Hooks
#5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 07:19 PM

How is this funny? Our President, Commander in Chief's approval ratings being below 50% Even if this poll is true it's still not funny.

And you can't blame it all on him. There should be a poll on our entire government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbroker View Post
This is from a post on a news site where a Gallup pole official says Obama's approval ratings are expected to drop below 50%. I think people may finally be getting it now.

"A more apt comparison would be Jimmy Carter. Obama couldn't shine Reagan's shoes, although he did get a good close up look at the Emperor of Japan's."

08 White CC, SE, 4x2, De-badged, Factory tow hitch, Splashguards, 20% Tint, AVS Bug Deflector, Rhino lined, Extang Tuff Tonno, AMSOIL 0W-30, 40,000 Miles, Bully-Dogged and S&B intake

Pioneer DEH-P7800MP, Rockford Fosgate Punch P5002, 2 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 2 DVC, Custom RF box built by Tech12volt.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 06:30 AM

The quote referring to his bowing to the Emperor is the funny part.

I'm sure a poll on the government as a whole wouldn't have the approval rating that Obama has. Papa D is right, polls are BS. If you poll the people I know, work with, associate with, Obama's and the government approval ratings wouldn't even hit double digits. I've never been polled myself and wonder who is being polled.

Here is an interesting link that deals with nullification by a state of federal laws. I say way to go Arizona!:

Arizona HCR2014: National Health Care Nullification|Tenth Amendment Center
#7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,882 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_D View Post
In one of the clearest examples of how the weak economy is overtaking Obama administration priorities, the Congressional Black Caucus forced the House to shelve its revamp of financial-sector regulation for two weeks.
Meanwhile real estate markets continue to collapse in the absence of sufficient credit and potential buyers sitting on the sidelines waiting for the collapse.

Commercial Real Estate Will Collapse - Forbes.com

New wave of foreclosures lurks as defaults pile up - CharlotteObserver.com

"In the first stage of the housing collapse, defaults and foreclosures were driven by subprime loans. These loans had low introductory rates that quickly moved to a level that was beyond the borrower's ability to pay, even if he or she was still employed.

As the subprime tide recedes, the largest share of new foreclosures is high-quality prime loans with fixed rates. A third of the new foreclosures begun in the third quarter were this type of loan, traditionally considered the safest. But borrowers usually cannot pay their mortgages without jobs."

And the borrowers that have sufficient money to pay their mortgages are questioning the wisdom of doing so when the market value has dropped 30 to 40%. Oh, and does the buyer need a loan of more than $417,000 to close? Fuggedaboutit.

#8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 09:35 AM

Thanked 1,724 Times in 1,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiETR View Post
How is this funny? Our President, Commander in Chief's approval ratings being below 50% Even if this poll is true it's still not funny.

And you can't blame it all on him. There should be a poll on our entire government.
I think it is hilarious. Can't wait to see his approval numbers around 20%. I hope this SOB fails miserably.

I can blame it all on all of them. But bobo is the one pushing this healthcare, cap and trade, and bailouts. So those are his problems.

I came into this world naked, screaming and covered in someone else's blood I plan on leaving this world the same way.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 11:18 AM

Just ran across this......

LiveLeak.com - SNL Parody of Obama & Jintao Press Conference in Beijing

#10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 11:20 AM

Jump to top