Sig Sauer P250 .40 cal........mistake? - Nissan Titan Forum
Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of Off-Topic items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Sig Sauer P250 .40 cal........mistake?

Ok you gun guru's, I sold my Glock 22 .40 and picked up the Sig. I didn't really do a whole lot of research before hand because I've always heard good things about Sig guns. I have been reading a lot of good/bad reviews on this gun but haven't fired it yet. Should I go ahead and kick myself or just shoot it and see what happens? I just wanted to try something new. Nothing wrong w/my G22 and not one ftf or jam with everything I fed it. Any insight appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:39 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: Sig Sauer P250 .40 cal........mistake?

Secret Service carry Sig's from what I understand.................I carry a Baby Eagle made in Isreal, imported by Magnum Research, Same people that make the Desert eagle. Same gun they Issue to Military and police over there...........I thought if its good enough for Isreal to issue it then I can carry it

I wanted to get one of the newer 1911 style Sig's but haven't gotten comfortable with carrying that its single action only.
#3 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 09:57 PM

Thanked 1,724 Times in 1,108 Posts

Don't know about this particular model, but I love all my sigs. My P229 has over 10k rounds through it, with no malfunctions and very little cleanings.

I came into this world naked, screaming and covered in someone else's blood I plan on leaving this world the same way.
#4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2010, 11:01 PM

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,415 Posts

If you loved the Glock you may not love the Sig because the grips are at a bit different angle but that is just my experience. Personally, I never fired the Glock in a point and shoot fashion with near the accuracy I fired my Sigs with and that's why I bought them both.

If it were me and the pistol were the newer design, the DAO trigger was acceptable and it felt good in my hand, I would go ahead and fire it because although it apparently had some design problems early on with regard to feed jams, they seem to have worked the issue out on the newer model of the P250 .40.

P250-C in .40 S&W problems, and resolution - Issues - .40 - P250SIG.COM

I used to own two Sigs before losing them in a tragic boating accident and loved them both because unlike the Glocks which, like someone else's shoes, never seemed to fit me quite right and felt a bit awkward in my hand. Not so with the Sigs, they fit me like a glove and with the Pachmyer grips, fit like custom made gloves.

Pistols are a very personal choice so never let someone else tell you which one is the right one for you because hands are not the same and like the Glocks, the Sigs are not for everyone but I can tell you this, I couldn't have been happier with mine right up to the point they were lost in a very deep lake.

If you are concerned about that particular model because of the original design issues or the DAO trigger, you could always go backward in model to a 226 or 229 which is what I happen to prefer because I like a SA/DA trigger and here is what I used to own.

This was an interesting video review of the 250 and it made me want one, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF23KiuZkxI

IRC VK56 Member "BIG CHIEF WANNARACEUM"
2005 XE, "Land Shark",1/4 MILE: 13.851 AT 98.52
Full Street Trim on Snow Tires Record HolderBuild date 3/05

Performance mods: UpRev, JWT cams, NISMO CAI, NISMO True Duals with Dr Gas Xpipe, NISMO Headers with Swain's White Lightning Coating, Suncoast Ram Air Hood, Tru Trac, Burnout mod

Aesthetic mods: NISMO graphics, Grillcraft, Retrax, De-badged, 2" PRG lift, Titan fog lights, 18" LE wheels 285/60/18 Dueler Alenza tires, 35% tint

Stereo mods: Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS head unit, Audison LRX 4/300 Amp, Boston 6x9 coaxials front & Focal 6.5 coaxial rears with JL tweeters in dash.
#5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 12:08 AM

iTrader Score: 7 reviews

that second sig is what my dad has and let me fire this summer, its pretty accurate, much different than what i'm used to, but its reliable, just make sure you let go of the slide and not push it forward or you will jam the bullet with slide lock. pretty easy to clean too.
#6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 02:41 AM

I am going to say it was a mistake if I had done it. My issued weapon is a Glock 22 and I love it. I tried the Sig P250 and I hated the trigger. Too long for what I do for a living and what I do for fun. The Air Marshalls are turning theirs back in due to issues with the P250. There is a reason why Officer Price for them is less that $400. If you want another Glock 22 get one from SummitGunbroker and do a FFL transfer. Good guns and a good Guy. If it was not for this divorce I would have one of the Gen 2s right now as a Truck Gun/Backup.

ffh
#7 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 05:36 AM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
I am going to say it was a mistake if I had done it. My issued weapon is a Glock 22 and I love it. I tried the Sig P250 and I hated the trigger. Too long for what I do for a living and what I do for fun. The Air Marshalls are turning theirs back in due to issues with the P250. There is a reason why Officer Price for them is less that $400. If you want another Glock 22 get one from SummitGunbroker and do a FFL transfer. Good guns and a good Guy. If it was not for this divorce I would have one of the Gen 2s right now as a Truck Gun/Backup.

ffh
Price doesn't matter. I bought my Glock 27 for $390.00 brand spankin new. That also included a glock cleaning mat, a glock hat, a glock range bag, and water bottle.

Truck:
2004 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4x4

Mods:
Superchips, aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI, Dual Exhaust (thrush mufflers), Walker B-pipes, Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 tires, Aluminum rear diff cover, Rear axle vent mod, Bushwacker Fender Flares, Keystone Good Hood (RAM AIR), Spec-D Altezza Head lights and Tail Lights.
#8 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Banned

Damn......where'd you get it so cheap?? My 22 was 469 with case, 3 - 15 rd clips and cleaning rod. I got my Sig for 499 and it only came with case, one clip and a lock.
#9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:47 AM

I have Glocks and SigSauers. My favorite for each manufacturer has to be the GLK22 and the P226.

The P250 is great for carry, although I carry the GLK more often. Both are excellent weapons. As for reliability, I swing more towards Glock since Sigs have very tight tolerances.

I put a GLK and Sig through my own torture test and the Glock came out on top. The torture test was a bit extreme and is likely more than most people would encounter.

2010 Titan Pro-4x CC SWB Navy Blue Stock
#10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 08:59 AM

I have heard good things from my co-workers who carry Sigs. It really comes down to preferance. I traded my Walther P99 for the Glock 22 because the G22 just fit my hand better when drawing from the holster. Whatever fits YOU best!

-Lab

Desert Stone 2008.5 LE Crew Cab 4x4, RF Popular Package with Almond Leather Captain's Chairs, Big Tow Package, Utili-Track Package, Satelite Radio, Side Steps, Underseat Storage, TomTom GPS, Keypad Entry, Cooper Zeon LTZ Tires, Hunter Bull Bar

Towing a 2006 Jayco JayFlight 29FBS, Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Contoller.
Member of rv.net, kawiforums.com, seadooforum.com, clubtitan.org

"I asked God for a true friend. He sent me a Chocolate Labrador Retriever"
#11 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 AM

It does mostly come down to personal preference. While I have no experience with THAT Sig model, the ones I have shot are beautiful machines. I would NEVER make that same comment about a Glock.
Papa_D's post is the only one in here you need to read.

Improvements:
NCD Level Kit|K&N Drop In|Magnaflow muffler|Dominator II Step Tubes|Reese Hitch|Husky Liners
Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17|Extang RT Tonneau|RadFlo Remote Res Rears
OEM Hood Deflector|Hayden 405 Transmission Cooler
Air Box mod|Improved Fog Light Mod|dba 4000 series rotors, Akebono ProACT pads
Axle Vent Mod

Fluids, Etc.:
Engine: Penzzoil Platinum 5W-30, K&N HP1010 Oil Filter, K&N 33-2286 Air Filter
Differentials: (F)Royal Purple 75W-140, (R)AMSOil 75W-140
Transmission: Castrol Multi-Vehicle Import

Wish List:
Air Horn, RadFlo 2.0 Coilovers, AEM Brute Force CAI, TruTrac, Bass boat...
Donations graciously accepted.

#12 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 11:24 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughtitan08 View Post
Nothing wrong w/my G22 and not one ftf or jam with everything I fed it.
So why'd you sell it?

I'm a big Glock fan... Never had a jam. I know several state troopers that carry them and they'll give you the same results.
Comes apart easily, easy to clean... Simple gun from a cleaning/disassembly standpoint, but a complex safety mechanism.
#13 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned

Just to try something new......lol. I am going out this evening and putting 100rds through it and see what's up. It feels good in the hand.....how it shoots/reacts will be something else all together. I will post my results later. My next 2 gun purchases for me will be a Ruger GP100 SS 4" .357 and a 12ga shotgun.....preferably a Mossberg, Remington or Benelli.
#14 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughtitan08 View Post
Just to try something new......lol. I am going out this evening and putting 100rds through it and see what's up. It feels good in the hand.....how it shoots/reacts will be something else all together. I will post my results later. My next 2 gun purchases for me will be a Ruger GP100 SS 4" .357 and a 12ga shotgun.....preferably a Mossberg, Remington or Benelli.
Glock is my favorite hand gun... Love the trigger pull and everything else about it. Some guns have this mechanism and some don't, but for the follow up round in the Glock you don't even have to release the trigger all the way (didn't know if you knew that...).

As for a shotgun... For home defense it really doesn't matter but if you're getting something to hunt with I'd envy you if you got a semi-auto
#15 (permalink) Old 10-06-2010, 03:36 PM

Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,788 Posts

My brother just picked up a Sig P556.... It's a pretty mean little "pistol"... Once you get adjusted to it, you might love it more....

2005 Armada LE 4x4

Last edited by Pops; 10-06-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top