Dimensions of a case of beer? - Nissan Titan Forum
Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of Off-Topic items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to CincyTitan
Dimensions of a case of beer?

I am getting ready for a maiden voyage to Hilton Head and am getting all of our beverages from a distributor. I am trying to figure out the dimensions of the case to see how much of the bed about 25 cases would take up. I am at work and do not readily have available a case of beer here. Anybody???

2004 Titan LE CC
Smoke
Big Tow / Off Road
Utilitrac System (Bed Extender & Bed Divider)
Truxedo Lo-Profile Cover
Gibson Dual Sport (3/17/05)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 09:37 AM

I don't know about the dimensions but I just weighed a can of beer (we have them in a fridge here at work) and it was 13.5 oz on our postage scale. That would then total 8,100 oz for 25 cases of beer which translates to 506.25 lbs. Well within the GVWR for the Titan. And yes, I do have more important things to do at work right now but it all took only about 2 minutes. What can I say, I'm a scientist and once I read this post I started wondering how much that would weigh and I knew it would bug me all day until I crunched some quick numbers.

2004 Titan SE KC 2WD
Flowmaster 70 Series Muffler, Magnaflow Resonators, AEM Dryflow Intake, Airaid TBS, Uprev Osiris Flash, ECO-3, Big Tow Package, ActiveTuning Grounding Kit, Crown Performance SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, PRG Leveling Kit & Rear Blocks, Nitto Terra Grappler 285-60-18 Tires, Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 09:44 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Now we know why you really bought a truck! 25 cases is a serious thirst!

By the way would you be needing a list of rest stops and roadside bushes to help you with your trip. Lets see now ... about 2-3 reststops per 6-pak times 4 6paks per case equals ... you aint never gonna get there dude and you won't remember it anyway. Save the gas and get drunk at home. :>)

Leave room in the bed for that case of tylenol you'll be needing tor the drive/hangover coming back.

Joking aside enjoy and be safe.

BORN ON 02/04 LE CC 4X4 OFFROAD White, DVD, Daytime running lights , Ultrasonic parking sensors,
Wade OEM deflector , Weatherflectors, ,Jason Hugger fiberglass toneau, Clear Shield film front paint ,Front window tint match to back, Cobra radar detector (hardwired) PRG 2" lift, Carbotech brakes & SS brake lines, Magnaflow catback dual exhaust, Chrome tailgate trim, Fatmat/Rattle trap sound deadener.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

There are 10 of us heading down on Friday night and NO drinking until we get there, even the people riding. Trust me, we have all been looking forward to this for a long time. We are thinking that we'll need about 5-7 more cases after we get down there. I am getting a cooler that hold 100+ cans and has wheels. There will be 100+ cans iced down for a nice 11 hour drive down and when we get there that'll be a whole different story.

2004 Titan LE CC
Smoke
Big Tow / Off Road
Truxedo Lo-Profile Cover
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltitan
I don't know about the dimensions but I just weighed a can of beer (we have them in a fridge here at work)... And yes, I do have more important things to do at work right now but it all took only about 2 minutes. What can I say, I'm a scientist and once I read this post I started wondering how much that would weigh and I knew it would bug me all day until I crunched some quick numbers.
Now the question that comes to my mind is, why do you have beer in the fridge at work? The second question that comes to mind is if the "more important things" involve drinking said beer?

There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Top 10 Ways You Know You're a Hopeless Procrastinator:

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltitan
I don't know about the dimensions but I just weighed a can of beer (we have them in a fridge here at work) and it was 13.5 oz on our postage scale. That would then total 8,100 oz for 25 cases of beer which translates to 506.25 lbs. Well within the GVWR for the Titan. And yes, I do have more important things to do at work right now but it all took only about 2 minutes. What can I say, I'm a scientist and once I read this post I started wondering how much that would weigh and I knew it would bug me all day until I crunched some quick numbers.
Just to drive you crazy, did you weigh the can empty all in the name of science of course, just to see what the weight is to bring them back for recycling.

BORN ON 02/04 LE CC 4X4 OFFROAD White, DVD, Daytime running lights , Ultrasonic parking sensors,
Wade OEM deflector , Weatherflectors, ,Jason Hugger fiberglass toneau, Clear Shield film front paint ,Front window tint match to back, Cobra radar detector (hardwired) PRG 2" lift, Carbotech brakes & SS brake lines, Magnaflow catback dual exhaust, Chrome tailgate trim, Fatmat/Rattle trap sound deadener.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyTitan
There are 10 of us heading down on Friday night and NO drinking until we get there, even the people riding. Trust me, we have all been looking forward to this for a long time. We are thinking that we'll need about 5-7 more cases after we get down there. I am getting a cooler that hold 100+ cans and has wheels. There will be 100+ cans iced down for a nice 11 hour drive down and when we get there that'll be a whole different story.
You already have a cooler with wheels. It's called a Titan. Just throw a couple hundred pounds of ice in the bed on top of the 25 or so cases and your still well within your GVR.
I see yours is also an offroad so that makes it a beach cooler doesn't it?

Last edited by greg w; 08-10-2004 at 10:18 AM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

In all honesty, I have debated it and it would also double as the watering hole for the wet t-shirt contest!

2004 Titan LE CC
Smoke
Big Tow / Off Road
Truxedo Lo-Profile Cover
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriKKy
Now the question that comes to my mind is, why do you have beer in the fridge at work?
Hey TriKKy, even in your own back yard...
We have beer in the fridge where I work. Nobody drinks during the day, but come 5:00 when you know you have several hours more work to do, it sure seems to make the evening a bit less painful...

I'm sick and tired of all the problems...
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyTitan
I am trying to figure out the dimensions of the case to see how much of the bed about 25 cases would take up. Anybody???
A flat of 24 cans in the cardboard tray measures
10.75" wide x 16" deep x 5" high

Sorry, no cases of bottles here at work...

I'm sick and tired of all the problems...
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

This is turning into a science project. Now to try and figure out if i can get more cases in there and not take luggage???

2004 Titan LE CC
Smoke
Big Tow / Off Road
Truxedo Lo-Profile Cover
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriKKy
Now the question that comes to my mind is, why do you have beer in the fridge at work? The second question that comes to mind is if the "more important things" involve drinking said beer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg w
Just to drive you crazy, did you weigh the can empty all in the name of science of course, just to see what the weight is to bring them back for recycling.
Our small engineering firm actually keeps a fully stocked kitchen as a benefit to the employees, but the beer was bought with personal funds. Every other Friday at 5pm a few of us kick back and shoot the breeze in the office. There just happened to be a few cans left over from the last time we did this. I might just weigh said beer can empty this Friday...in the name of science of course, actually, might have to weigh a few full and empty cans to insure precision in the measurements. BTW-We drink responsibly.

2004 Titan SE KC 2WD
Flowmaster 70 Series Muffler, Magnaflow Resonators, AEM Dryflow Intake, Airaid TBS, Uprev Osiris Flash, ECO-3, Big Tow Package, ActiveTuning Grounding Kit, Crown Performance SS/Kevlar Brake Lines, PRG Leveling Kit & Rear Blocks, Nitto Terra Grappler 285-60-18 Tires, Truxedo Lo Pro Tonneau
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 04:01 PM

This is a friendly board, if you have trouble fitting them all in just give a yell for volunteers to help lighten your load.

2004 Crew Cab LE 4WD
Deep Water Blue, Graphite/Titanium
Born 02/16/04
Big Tow, Off Road, Bed Extender, Floor Mats, Splashguards, Bed Mat,
OEM Hood Protector, Putco Stainless Steel Bed Rails
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 05:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Titan4x4Aggie
you're completely missing out on the point of the titan's utility trac system. go with kegs instead of cases. then use the cleats to tie the kegs into place. also, you can put the kegs in trashcans of ice and keep them cool that way.

My new gas saver!!!!!!
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan4x4Aggie
you're completely missing out on the point of the titan's utility trac system. go with kegs instead of cases. then use the cleats to tie the kegs into place. also, you can put the kegs in trashcans of ice and keep them cool that way.
leave it to a texan to think of that !!!!
damn i miss those keg party days!!

2005 2wd SE Crew Cab (traded off with 141000 great miles)

2011 Frontier SV CC LB 4x4
Curt hitch
Scanguage II
+2 degree Timing advance
30% tint on front windows
Diamondplate aluminum chest toolbox and wheelwell box
Touch screen HU with DVD, rear view camera and BT
Universal gps mount for my phone
Angel eye foglights
TruXedo Trucksport tonno
Hypertech max Energy
Lift 2" front, 1.5 back

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top