Credit Card Fraud?? - Nissan Titan Forum
Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of Off-Topic items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 10:29 AM

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Credit Card Fraud??

So on Saturday afternoon my checking/debit card was compromised for $513. Its amazing how people can get my check card info and use it at a store in another state. I researched the detailed info, called the store to speak to the store mangager, and he said he will research it and call me back. Sure enough, it was a guy wearing a ball cap swiping a credit card. He purchased a $500 gift card. How stupid was this cashier not to check ID and verify credit/ID info. Pisses me the phuck off!!! I called the police dept and filed a report and called the lost stolen # to report my card stolen, even though I have my card in my hand.

My bank better give me my money back. I dont know about you, but it hurts getting 500 bucks swiped out of your checking account. I'd imagine the bank would send that charge back to the store since the store decided to employ a dumba$$ to run their register!

Have you ever been defrauded?? If so, how much and what was the end result??

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2004 KC 4x4 Offroad 3.36 gears

Current Mods-

Suspension: RC 6'' lift, PRG UCA's (custom powder coated, maroon), PRG offroad traction bars, PRG driveshaft spacer, bilstein 5100's (lowest setting)
Performance: Uprev Tuner, 4'' Airaid MXP CAI, NismO low temp (62*C) thermostat, saikou michi oil catch can, goodyear gatorback belt, PML diff cover (color matched), rear axle vent mod, gutted b-pipe cats, flowmaster Y pipe, flowmaster 40 series muffler (dumped before rear axle)
Exterior: 35x12.5x17'' maxxis bighorns, royalty core grille, 1.75'' Bora wheel adapters, headlight mod, westin bullbar, KC driving slimlites, smoked clearance lights, bedlined wheels, mirror caps, rear bumper, front bumper and westin step bars, color matched locking fiberglass tonneau cover, tinted tail lights and 3rd brake light, 20% tint and limo tint eyebrow
Interior: WeatherTech digitalfit floorliners, custom radio bezel kit

Last edited by tcoche; 11-18-2012 at 10:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tcoche For This Useful Post:
JB (11-18-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 10:57 AM

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,484 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: Credit Card Fraud??

If the guy got your info, and used the debit card, i'm guessing he also had the pin number. Id's are never checked if you use the pin. Employee was following proper proceedure, so to call him a dumb$$ is not right. Maybe the person that allowed their debit card # and pin # to get stolen is a dumba$$. I have worked retail for 20+ years, and it's always the dumba$$ behind the counter that gets blamed for everything. I'm also guessing that if he had an actual card to swipe he signed it with your name and the signatures matched too, again no need to check ID.

2010 Titan 4x4 CC SE Majestic Blue
Bully Dog Power Pup, 18" Magnaflow muffler, Airaid MXP 4" CAI, Custom Grounding kit by FAK. 8" Boston acoustic's sub in Tech12volts ported box w 1000 w renegade amp
Autostart remote start, bedlined OEM wheels, bumpers, and grill. Go Rhino D2 steps.
5000k HID's, super reverse 2.0, blue interior LED's, and white exterior LED's.
Smoke hood shield and in channel window deflectors
Armada Air Dam, Hunter Bull Bar, 22" double row light bar
Leer 100R Topper, Goodyear Duratracs 275/70/18,
Rough Country UCA's, 1.5" front spacer, Bilstein 5100's/5125's, 1.5" rear block.

Last edited by FishnAlaska; 11-18-2012 at 11:06 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FishnAlaska For This Useful Post:
FloppyKnockers (11-18-2012), tarheelmatthew1 (11-20-2012)
#3 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 AM

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishnAlaska View Post
If the guy got your info, and used the debit card, i'm guessing he also had the pin number. Id's are never checked if you use the pin. Employee was following proper proceedure, so to call him a dumb$$ is not right. Maybe the person that allowed their debit card # and pin # to get stolen is a dumba$$. I have worked retail for 20+ years, and it's always the dumba$$ behind the counter that gets blamed for everything.
Guess I should have been clearer. The manager told me he is writing the cashier up because any credit card purchases over $50 they are supposed to check ID. He said it was a credit, not a debit/pin purchase. Plus, my bank doesnt allow debit purchases. I dont even have a pin.

I have also worked retail for numerous years and it is your responsibility to check ID. Who else would be considered a dumb@ss if you dont do your job?? I always checked ID's.

Even though signatures match on the card and pad, you always check the ID.

So yeah, the cashier is a jack@ss!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2004 KC 4x4 Offroad 3.36 gears

Current Mods-

Suspension: RC 6'' lift, PRG UCA's (custom powder coated, maroon), PRG offroad traction bars, PRG driveshaft spacer, bilstein 5100's (lowest setting)
Performance: Uprev Tuner, 4'' Airaid MXP CAI, NismO low temp (62*C) thermostat, saikou michi oil catch can, goodyear gatorback belt, PML diff cover (color matched), rear axle vent mod, gutted b-pipe cats, flowmaster Y pipe, flowmaster 40 series muffler (dumped before rear axle)
Exterior: 35x12.5x17'' maxxis bighorns, royalty core grille, 1.75'' Bora wheel adapters, headlight mod, westin bullbar, KC driving slimlites, smoked clearance lights, bedlined wheels, mirror caps, rear bumper, front bumper and westin step bars, color matched locking fiberglass tonneau cover, tinted tail lights and 3rd brake light, 20% tint and limo tint eyebrow
Interior: WeatherTech digitalfit floorliners, custom radio bezel kit

Last edited by tcoche; 11-18-2012 at 11:09 AM.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 11:25 AM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Hahaha at the "signatures matching" comment... How many people actually sign the back of their card? Minimal a best. I too work retail and yes, with ANY credit transaction you check ID. I check for proper matching picture, and matching name. If the person could make a FAKE/FUNCTIONING CREDIT CARD, HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO STEAL YOUR INFO, I'm sure he can make an impressive fake id too... Truth is, there isn't much else I can do.

It does make me mad when people don't ask for ID. I only do credit transactions with my debit cards because the easiest way to get info stolen is from a debit trans. I have one of my moms debit cards for when she needs me to run errands for her and I run it as credit. It has a girls first name, and we don't even have the same last names! 4 year I've done this and no one has ever said anything. So yes, most retailers have gotten lazy.

My mom had her info stolen. They bought 2 cell phones (no 2 year contrac so they were expensive) and a coach purse all out of state. My mom got the money back...eventually...but it isn't an over night process

2008 K11 CC SE
Mods:
Black T-Rex Grille
Airaid MXP Intake
LEGIT 5000k HID Kit
2 12" Kicker CompVR Subs
1200w Hifonics Brutus Amp
Bully Dog Power Pup Tuner
LEGIT Interior & Exterior LED Kit
Hella 500 Black Magic HID Lights
LEGIT Spyder Auto Projector Headlights
Cherry Bomb Extreme #7481 - Pilot Resonated Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to Thorracing271 For This Useful Post:
tcoche (11-18-2012)
#5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 11:55 AM

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,484 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorracing271 View Post
If the person could make a FAKE/FUNCTIONING CREDIT CARD, HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO STEAL YOUR INFO, I'm sure he can make an impressive fake id too... Truth is, there isn't much else I can do.

I have one of my moms debit cards for when she needs me to run errands for her and I run it as credit. It has a girls first name, and we don't even have the same last names! 4 year I've done this and no one has ever said anything.
You absolutely right, 1. If he's that good, nothing you can do about it, he's got all his bases covered 2. I bet if someone challenged you on using you moms card, you wouldn't be happy about it, and in that scenario someone is more than likely to call the cashier a dum@ss too, loose/loose proposition for the cashier who is making minimum wage and trying to eek out a living.
It sucks loosing that money, i've had it happen too me too, although different circumstances, someone actually hacked into my account and transferred the money straight out. That guy would have gotten the money out of your account one way or another.

2010 Titan 4x4 CC SE Majestic Blue
Bully Dog Power Pup, 18" Magnaflow muffler, Airaid MXP 4" CAI, Custom Grounding kit by FAK. 8" Boston acoustic's sub in Tech12volts ported box w 1000 w renegade amp
Autostart remote start, bedlined OEM wheels, bumpers, and grill. Go Rhino D2 steps.
5000k HID's, super reverse 2.0, blue interior LED's, and white exterior LED's.
Smoke hood shield and in channel window deflectors
Armada Air Dam, Hunter Bull Bar, 22" double row light bar
Leer 100R Topper, Goodyear Duratracs 275/70/18,
Rough Country UCA's, 1.5" front spacer, Bilstein 5100's/5125's, 1.5" rear block.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 12:14 PM

I too had a fraud incident happen to me. There was 4xx.xx atm withdraw from somewhere in long beach. I immediately called my bank to report it and they refunded the the entire amount. I also cancelled those debit cards and ordered new ones. I does feel $hi77y though.

Its a good thing i check my bank often. Not sure why, well yea i do so i dont go broke.

Maxtrac Spindles - 2" Spacer - Bilstein 5100's Maxed - PRG 1.5" BL - PRG UCAs
REAR
5125s - 4" Block - RC Traction Bars
SHOES
Eagle Alloys 063 18" - Cooper STT 35x12.50
GO FAST
Airaid MXP - Magnaflow 22" dumped - BDGT
#7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 12:24 PM

Honestl I LOVE chase banking. I have their app and any time I cash a check, it notifies my phone when the funds are available. Any time $150 or more purchase is made, it notifies my phone. Check my balances off my app whenever I want, send other chase members money for free, cash checks from my phone, make account transfers. The only time I go to the bank is to get money out of the ATM

2008 K11 CC SE
Mods:
Black T-Rex Grille
Airaid MXP Intake
LEGIT 5000k HID Kit
2 12" Kicker CompVR Subs

#8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 12:32 PM

Thanked 1,126 Times in 753 Posts
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

They got me once. For over $800 took me about 2 weeks to get everything back since then I will sit there every night and go over all my expenses for that day if I find anything that looks suspicious my bank gets a phone call ASAP

HID's:
5000K lows 3000k Fogs
Custom Custom exhaust
bilstein 5100 hd on all 4 corners

Is a V8 what was I thinking
#9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 21,743 Times in 10,373 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Hell, they bought a Rolex in Barcelona Spain on my number...

TrainingWheelsWhore™
08 Pro4X
Wife's ride '12 Maxima S Limited Edition
Click here for mods
My Pics
#10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 01:09 PM

Thanked 1,172 Times in 817 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
I had a guy in San Antonio, TX buy a 900$ watch with mine. I have his name, address, and place of business. I have never even been to TX. Cops didnt do anything yet and it was 2 months ago. Googling the business name, the guy has done it to lots of people. BS

05 LE Crew w/ Offroad Package
Bilstein 5100's; 1" Rear Lift Block & 1.5" Strut Spacer
BDPP (2° Advance, WOT removed, Regular Tune)
JBA cat back, Cajun Catless B Pipes
Airaid MXP Intake
Legit LED's

A glass of beer shortens your life by one minute, a glass of wine by two minutes, and a day of work by 7 to 10 hours

America!!! (Designed by geniuses, run by idiots)

GO BRONCOS!!!

Last edited by chadp82; 11-18-2012 at 01:22 PM.
#11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 6,271 Times in 4,266 Posts
iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorracing271 View Post
Honestl I LOVE chase banking. I have their app and any time I cash a check, it notifies my phone when the funds are available. Any time $150 or more purchase is made, it notifies my phone. Check my balances off my app whenever I want, send other chase members money for free, cash checks from my phone, make account transfers. The only time I go to the bank is to get money out of the ATM
Ditto! Only thing I've noticed is that the texts they send with the limit thing, are always about 6-12 hours behind. Every time. Chase definitely ha a nice setup though, I love it!

MeatBeaterWhore™ TwinTwit #1 "The Big O" Maverick!
GO DUCKS!
#12 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 02:32 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Yep got hit for $1200 on credit card linked to Xbox Live. The bells went off with credit card people when purchases were coming from Europe. They called my wife and she had them put a hold on the card. We were never held responsible for the purchases.

Yes your bank should credit your account unless you don't have fraud protection, would surprise me if you didn't.

2005 Titan KC SE
Big Tow
4x4 SE
Deep Water
2005 Titan CC
Big Tow
4x4 SE
Silver

2004 Keystone 24RS

---------------------------------------------------
#13 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 02:43 PM

I have never been stolen from. When I was in college and living with my mom I got woken up at 6 am with her screaming at me why I bought a $1200 suit on ebay with her account. Someone managed to swindle her. She was refunded all her money but nothing ever happened to the piece of chit that stole her money.

Sent from my T
#14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 02:44 PM

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Two $900 purchases at a California wal-mart for me. A quick phone call to my bank was all it took. They put the money back in my account, cancelled my card, and sent me a new one. Kind of inconvenient, but the last person I blame is the cashier. I blame the scum who was knowingly doing the wrong thing.

Beer makes me smarterer
2009 CC long bed, extra napkins in glove box, ejector seat, 2* timing advance, a couple pens and paper along with a flashlight and candy in center console, Justin Bieber needs to die, I turn the wipers on when it rains, cabin air filters, headlights are good at night, junk mail gets thrown in back seat, forward launching napalm, washing machine parts and tow strap in rear door pocket, flux capacitor, & a full tank of gas.

Recently added: Herpes all over stereo bezel, spider nest in flux capacitor, really bad fart/vomit smell once windows are touched...door handles are where I keep my booger collection.

Last edited by FloppyKnockers; 11-18-2012 at 02:47 PM.
#15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTroopin View Post
Ditto! Only thing I've noticed is that the texts they send with the limit thing, are always about 6-12 hours behind. Every time. Chase definitely ha a nice setup though, I love it!
The only delayed responses I get are for online purchases, because it doesn't send the alert until the company processes the order. I had my alert go off while the lady was bagging my $400 of fire gear. Now that I think about it, she never asked for ID...

2008 K11 CC SE
Mods:
Black T-Rex Grille
Airaid MXP Intake
LEGIT 5000k HID Kit
2 12" Kicker CompVR Subs