What If ? - Nissan Titan Forum
Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of Off-Topic items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
What If ?

What If you had a family with young children - and you wanted to establish a second place of residence and duel citizenship somewhere else. What would be the nicest place outside of the USA - That would be accepting of Americans in you opinion. Also of these choices - where would the Average cost of living be the most reasonable? Any thoughts or ideas my Titan Talk family ?

Stillen LT Headers+ Uprev+ Cajun 2 1/2 catted B pipes+TruTrack+ SAW Coil overs & FOX Rear shocks -K&N CIA+Banks 3" Catback+Borla
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 7,872 Times in 4,091 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Re: What If ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by royr View Post
What If you had a family with young children - and you wanted to establish a second place of residence and duel citizenship somewhere else. What would be the nicest place outside of the USA - That would be accepting of Americans in you opinion. Also of these choices - where would the Average cost of living be the most reasonable? Any thoughts or ideas my Titan Talk family ?
whatsamatter the liberals gettin' to ya?

It worked in the 60's: Canada and they speak English, kinda.

2004 Titan Smoke LE CC
Born 11/18/03
100,000 + miles

You know, it's always something. . .

#3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 PM

Canada. lol. I don't know, I've looked into moving to New Zealand a couple of times, but just can't pull the trigger on it. We have some family friends who did it and love it, but my wife is to attached to her family here to ever move that far away.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM

Hello 37L1 - I am thinking a nice place to go on vacation with the family - a place where I could legally establish residence and set up an nice home to live in would be a very good idea before the big rush. I can not be the only person who wants his family out of harms way in a place where things are not going well for the middle class law abiding American. I have not traveled much internationally - I I know many of our Titan Talk members have - either thru military experience - or their own adventures. It is time to do the research and begin planning for a nice place to be out of the line of fire in a nation clearly divided on itself.

Stillen LT Headers+ Uprev+ Cajun 2 1/2 catted B pipes+TruTrack+ SAW Coil overs & FOX Rear shocks -K&N CIA+Banks 3" Catback+Borla
#5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 7,872 Times in 4,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by royr View Post
Hello 37L1 - I am thinking a nice place to go on vacation with the family - a place where I could legally establish residence and set up an nice home to live in would be a very good idea before the big rush. I can not be the only person who wants his family out of harms way in a place where things are not going well for the middle class law abiding American. I have not traveled much internationally - I I know many of our Titan Talk members have - either thru military experience - or their own adventures. It is time to do the research and begin planning for a nice place to be out of the line of fire in a nation clearly divided on itself.
Hell, just move to Texas. . . .

2004 Titan Smoke LE CC
Born 11/18/03
100,000 + miles

You know, it's always something. . .

The Following User Says Thank You to 37L1 For This Useful Post:
Maddox (01-21-2013)
#6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 PM

What are looking for? Another 'Merica but abroad? You likely wont find it unfortunately. We are a very unique place, even still, though there are those who are fighting to make us like the rest of the world.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 PM

OK - That is One Vote for Texas ! That is also a good consideration - as Texas can legally succeed by petition according to current law. When my Texas Brothers and Sisters succeed - i will be packed and on the road to support them bringing all of my resources to help their cause - Until that happens - I think it would be prudent to find a quiet place outside the 50 states

#8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 12:31 PM

FYI - Our move to Florida last year seems to be very well timed - as only 2 old revolvers in my personal collection of sporting firearms would still be legal to own if I had remained with them in New York State.

#9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Premium User

Thanked 1,129 Times in 693 Posts
Garage
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

costa rica is beautiful and has an extremely low cost of living. bahamas is another decent choice and easy to get back and forth to the us. not sure either has equivalent schooling though.
#10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:21 PM

I would suggest you pick up the book "How to hide Your Assets and Disapear" Lots of great info on places happy to have Americans,what type of health care they have,costs of living,laws to consider etc. Mine has many dog eared pages.

Costa rica has literally hundreds of thousands of European and American experats and encourages us to come. Next door is Belize same deal on a smaller scale. I have friends with a house in Panama. Have neighbors down the street with a place in Nicaragua .some countries have extradition for serious crime but have liberal banking laws and NO extradition if you say leave town with all your assets and forget to mention it to the IRS....... Not that I'm encouraging law breaking.

In the 70s British Stars left England because of outrageous taxes. now the French guy Gerard Depardue (sp?) is going to Russia as in France they are talking about 70% tax on folks like him.

This trend is growing and will continue as people who have worked hard all their life try and enjoy a bit of it and keep the hands of the blood sucking leaches off it.
#11 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:29 PM

Thanked 1,363 Times in 845 Posts

If I was in this position I'd choose Nicaragua, start a fish/surf camp and live down there forever. It's the next Costa Rica, hasn't been exploited completely yet by the fishing, surfing or tourist crowds. Start a decent resort down there and roll in the dough, but make a name for yourself with the fishing and surfing crowd. The steady biz from the fishing and surfing guys will keep you afloat in the off seasons for the rich tourists (which is really where you make your money) lol.

Sorry I went on a bit of a rant, but a friend and I are working towards something like this!

07 1wd Titan SE KC BT Majestic Blue
Performance: JBA Ceramic LT's/2.5" SS Catless Cajun B-Pipes/2.5-3" Y-Pipe/Borla XR-1/UpRev Tuned/Airaid MXP/IAT Mod/TB Bypass Mod/Drilled&Slotted Rotors
Exterior/Misc:'09 OEM 20's/Bilstein 5100/5%Tint/LSAL 6000K HID
Audio: JL 12W7 Subwoofer, CDT HD Components, JL 1000/1v1 and 300/4v1 Amps, Pioneer AVH-x4500BT
TEAM VK56
13.877@ 98.44/8.883@ 78.17 in FST
#12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:45 PM

Not sure, but working for a National home builder we sell just as many homes to foreigners from around the globe as we do Americans. So in my travels I ask why here? I get the same exact response, '' because back home it is dangerous, corrupt and quality of life sucks no matter how much money you have''. For a long time buyers from the UK, France, Norway and Germany were the top buyers. Now it's Brazil, Columbia, Panama, Costa Rica and the Middle East. These people are trying to work there way to citizenship by owning property. This way it's a little easier getting a work visa and then eventually become a citizen.

Buy a nice cabin in the Smoky Mountains.

2005 Titan KC SE
Big Tow
4x4 SE
Deep Water
2005 Titan CC
Big Tow
4x4 SE
Silver

2004 Keystone 24RS

---------------------------------------------------
#13 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 02:06 AM

Thanked 2,517 Times in 1,456 Posts
While I still think the notion of secession is poorly thought out or understood by the masses, Texas is your best bet for a "safe harbor" from on over expanding federal government.

Sent from my sonic screwdriver on board the tardis

2004 Titan CC SE

155,000 miles engine runs great
Liberals talk about guns the way conservatives talk about science.
#14 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboyd18 View Post
What are looking for? Another 'Merica but abroad? You likely wont find it unfortunately. We are a very unique place, even still, though there are those who are fighting to make us like the rest of the world.
the king shall have his way...see what i did there?

04 SE CC
Off Road / Big Tow
Retrax bed cover
JBA Headers
JBA Catback
S&B CAI
Uprev

video of JBA headers and JBA catback audio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMSjQ51JA1Q

I am not speeding officer. I am performance logging.
#15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Premium User

Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,395 Posts

I love this thread.

Those who espouse a love for this country excited about leaving it when it needs them the most.

Your true colors are showing.

and for the record, Texas couldn't successfully secede and survive.

Texas was supposed to secede in 2008 amidst all the angry rhetoric over the POTUS coming into office and it's 2012 and nothing again has happened.

But I'd rather those who cut and run find another country in which to sit with their belief that things are better off somewhere else.

HippieWhore™
Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kronos1965 For This Useful Post:
4wdorNothing (01-17-2013)

Jump to top