Vermont plots course for single-payer health care system - Nissan Titan Forum
Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of Off-Topic items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanked 1,611 Times in 833 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Vermont plots course for single-payer health care system

Quote:
WASHINGTON – While all eyes are on the ObamaCare rollout, an ambitious health care experiment is going forward in Vermont that would create a government-run alternative know as a "single-payer" system -- and it's starting to attract more attention from liberals frustrated with the Affordable Care Act's implementation.

Democrats' faith in ObamaCare has been shaken by the technical failures of the federal and state insurance exchanges as well as, in some cases, premium increases. In Vermont, however, they see a potential first step toward the kind of national government-run health care system some have advocated for years. Filmmaker Michael Moore, in a column last week blasting ObamaCare, said Vermont's plan could "change everything."
And this is the outcome that Obama and his liberal base have been trying to achieve from the start, and frankly, it would be better than Obamacare, but then, that is the reason they screwed it up so bad.

“We have witnessed a shift in thinking about government from one that serves at the pleasure of citizens and to do their bidding, to one that considers its role to manage the populace,”
The Following User Says Thank You to rholland For This Useful Post:
375HHMag (01-07-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: Vermont plots course for single-payer health care system

Quote:
Originally Posted by rholland View Post
And this is the outcome that Obama and his liberal base have been trying to achieve from the start, and frankly, it would be better than Obamacare, but then, that is the reason they screwed it up so bad.
And you know this...Man!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

***2008 4x4 SE, Silver w/Big Tow Package***

Miles Driven: 67,875

Modifications

Bushwacker Flares, Bilstein 5100's, Bully Dog GT, Cajun Axle Vent Mod, Compustar Remote Start, Craven Speed .50 Cal Antena, DC2 Wheels, DC Fun Country Tires, Ingen Cold Air Intake, Lund Bug Guard (smoke), LED Interior Lights (blue), Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Radio Bezel Mod: The Punisher, SPEC-D Smoked LED Tail Lights, SPEC-D LED 3rd Brake Light, Utili-Track Tool Box, OEM Step Rails (bed lined), Okole Seat Covers, Reaper IAT Chip Mod

Future Mods

LED Fog Lights, Armada Air Dam, Uniden Bearcat 980 CB, Halo Head lights

"A government big enough to give you everything...is a government big enough to take everything away." ~ Thomas Jefferson
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 05:59 PM

I'm torn on this one.

Normally I'd say for Vermont to go for it. I believe in federalism, and would think it would be a great way to let the other 49 states watch and see how it worked. While I don't believe in socialized medicine, I believe in the founders' concept to let each state be a laboratory.

However, in this case, I'm against it. For 2 years the liberals have been saying "it's the law of the land, get over it." So now, before the program even gets started, a bunch of libtards want to change it? What am I missing?

2007 Titan Crew Cab 4x4 LE, Granite/Graphite, Tow Package, Chrome Package, Lund Deflector, K-Cover, Black Dunder V-Grill, Fly Rod Antenna, ScanGaugeII/Blendmount, Dash Designs Dash Cover, XM Radio
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Premium User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBJBranch View Post
I'm torn on this one.

Normally I'd say for Vermont to go for it. I believe in federalism, and would think it would be a great way to let the other 49 states watch and see how it worked. While I don't believe in socialized medicine, I believe in the founders' concept to let each state be a laboratory.

However, in this case, I'm against it. For 2 years the liberals have been saying "it's the law of the land, get over it." So now, before the program even gets started, a bunch of libtards want to change it? What am I missing?
I'm with you. What I can't get over is that POTUS feels he has the authority to make any/all changes to this program, like he is the end all be all of the thing...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

***2008 4x4 SE, Silver w/Big Tow Package***

Miles Driven: 67,875

Modifications

Bushwacker Flares, Bilstein 5100's, Bully Dog GT, Cajun Axle Vent Mod, Compustar Remote Start, Craven Speed .50 Cal Antena, DC2 Wheels, DC Fun Country Tires, Ingen Cold Air Intake, Lund Bug Guard (smoke), LED Interior Lights (blue), Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Radio Bezel Mod: The Punisher, SPEC-D Smoked LED Tail Lights, SPEC-D LED 3rd Brake Light, Utili-Track Tool Box, OEM Step Rails (bed lined), Okole Seat Covers, Reaper IAT Chip Mod

Future Mods

LED Fog Lights, Armada Air Dam, Uniden Bearcat 980 CB, Halo Head lights

"A government big enough to give you everything...is a government big enough to take everything away." ~ Thomas Jefferson
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 07:01 PM
Premium User

Thanked 12,688 Times in 9,612 Posts
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBJBranch View Post
I'm torn on this one.

That you were sold a load of goods that the seller could not present a representative receipt.

Beason's 06 CC BT LE

CrayolaWhore™
MonkeyPumperWhore™
The Following User Says Thank You to OneQuick06 For This Useful Post:
Pickle-Smooch (01-07-2014)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 09:39 AM

Thanked 3,004 Times in 1,756 Posts

vermont is a gold star open carry state. Not exactly the bastion of liberalism you guys are painting.

2004 Titan CC SE

170,000 miles
Liberals talk about guns the way conservatives talk about science.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOne View Post
vermont is a gold star open carry state. Not exactly the bastion of liberalism you guys are painting.
It must be hard to find a holster to match a serape and birkenstocks.

2007 Titan Crew Cab 4x4 LE, Granite/Graphite, Tow Package, Chrome Package, Lund Deflector, K-Cover, Black Dunder V-Grill, Fly Rod Antenna, ScanGaugeII/Blendmount, Dash Designs Dash Cover, XM Radio

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top