i-tunes/iphone help pls - Nissan Titan Forum
Off-Topic Discussion Discussion of Off-Topic items.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Banned

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rtc1184 Send a message via Yahoo to rtc1184
i-tunes/iphone help pls

i just bought a new apple iphone yesterday. i just downloaded itunes as well. how do i make some ringtones. i have bought like 10 songs, but cant figure out how to make them into ringtones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 AM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Re: i-tunes/iphone help pls

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. Open the iTunes store and search for ringtones and you should be able to see a list of the songs available for use as ringtones. Once you purchase it you will be able to create a ringtone with any portion of that song that you want. Once that is done it will ask again if you wish to purchase it. I know that is a vague explination, but that's what my wife and I did to get our ringtones.

06 Smoke SE CC 4X4
Bug Shield, in channel vent visors, 22% front window tint, Pro Comp stage1 w/ SAW coilovers and 2" rear block w/ 35x12.5x18 Toyo Open country MT on 18X9 KMC Monsters, JBA cat-back, 2* advance, AEM intake, BD Power Pup
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 06:57 AM
Banned

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Right click the song that you purchased that you wish to turn into a ringtone, in the sub-menu when you right click there will be an option to "use as ringtone" click that, if it's available it will let you select the part of the song you wish to make a ringtone and then you purchase it for .10. Then after you re-sync your phone insuring that the ringtones are selected to be synced, go to the settings of your iphone, go to sounds, then ringtones, then there should be a list of the ringtones you've made and can select.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 9,418 Times in 5,811 Posts
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bills1974

There is an easier way to do it for free...Have fun

Go into your iTunes preferences, and make sure you are using the AAC encoder. You can double-check this by going to “Advanced”, then “Importing”. Now, browse to the song you want to use to create your ringtone. Right click on the file, and choose “Get Info”, then “Options”. Under the Options tab, select te start time and stop time, to create a 30 second clip. Once your 30 second clip is selected, right-click the song and choose “Convert Selection to AAC”.

Once the conversion is completed, you will get a 30 second song of the same name. At this point, you can edit the original file back to its normal length. Now, browse to your iTunes music folder. You should find the new clip in the same folder the full-length song is in. Notice that the clip has an extension of .m4a. Simply rename the extension to .m4r, then select it. It will automatically be added as a ringtone in your iTunes library.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Cowl Done With Bedliner
Radiator Bypassed - Transmission Fluid
Wife's Ride: 2016 Infiniti QX70
My Other Ride: 2016 Tidewater 230 CC

AKA: Crossdresser Whore™
The Bald Avenger®

"It's really bad when I have to go into the fridge to count how many beers I had last night because I lost track."
"Why is the rum always gone?"

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills1974 View Post
There is an easier way to do it for free...Have fun

Go into your iTunes preferences, and make sure you are using the AAC encoder. You can double-check this by going to “Advanced”, then “Importing”. Now, browse to the song you want to use to create your ringtone. Right click on the file, and choose “Get Info”, then “Options”. Under the Options tab, select te start time and stop time, to create a 30 second clip. Once your 30 second clip is selected, right-click the song and choose “Convert Selection to AAC”.

Once the conversion is completed, you will get a 30 second song of the same name. At this point, you can edit the original file back to its normal length. Now, browse to your iTunes music folder. You should find the new clip in the same folder the full-length song is in. Notice that the clip has an extension of .m4a. Simply rename the extension to .m4r, then select it. It will automatically be added as a ringtone in your iTunes library.

it says i cant conervt it cause it is protected. i have bought 20 songs today and every damn one of them say that same thing.!!! i am hating this phone already.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 08:14 AM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 9,418 Times in 5,811 Posts
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bills1974

They must have removed that little workaround with the latest version of iTunes...

Give the phone a chance...I've been through dozens of smartphones and not one has compared to the iPhone...I use it for everything.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Cowl Done With Bedliner
Radiator Bypassed - Transmission Fluid
Wife's Ride: 2016 Infiniti QX70
My Other Ride: 2016 Tidewater 230 CC

AKA: Crossdresser Whore™
The Bald Avenger®

"It's really bad when I have to go into the fridge to count how many beers I had last night because I lost track."
"Why is the rum always gone?"

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bills1974 View Post
They must have removed that little workaround with the latest version of iTunes...

Give the phone a chance...I've been through dozens of smartphones and not one has compared to the iPhone...I use it for everything.
i had a blackjack and it was a nice phone. so how can i download the older version itunes so i can do this and make some ringtones
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 10:07 AM

Try shopping on iTunes for ringtones....use the search if you have to. That's the same thing I had went through to get ringtones....it sux, but that's the only way I was able to get them.

06 Smoke SE CC 4X4
Bug Shield, in channel vent visors, 22% front window tint, Pro Comp stage1 w/ SAW coilovers and 2" rear block w/ 35x12.5x18 Toyo Open country MT on 18X9 KMC Monsters, JBA cat-back, 2* advance, AEM intake, BD Power Pup
The Following User Says Thank You to TecheTitan For This Useful Post:
rtc1184 (10-16-2008)
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 11:52 AM

iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Yeah basically you have to make sure that if you want to buy a song to use is as a ringtone, it must be ringtone capable. Apple does not decide which songs are available to be used as one, it is up to the record company. The problem with using loopholes in iTunes is that almost every song distributed by iTunes now is tethered, meaning it is coded so it can not be manipulated and/or copied. So make sure that if you are going to buy a song to be used for a ringtone that is has the little bell symbol next to it, that means it can be made into a ringtone. The only way to make any ringtone you want (that I know of) is if you have Garage Band and you are wiling to download the song from somewhere like LimeWire. (guilty) So when it comes down to it, it is not the phone that has a problem, its the tethered music that is being distributed. Any smart phone with the same capabilities would have this problem.

"The Panda"
04' SE White- purchased June 04
Big Tow, Offroad 4x4, ProComp 6" Lift, SAW's in front, Helo Maxx6 18's on ProComp 35" Xtreme AT's, 6000K HID low beams, Billet Grille, Bushwacker Fender Flares, Westin In-Channel Vent Visors, XE Mirrors and Door Handles, Black Painted Badges, Brushed Aluminum Dash and Trims, Titanium Gauge Face, Pin Stripes, "Endurance" Windshield Decal, Hood Decals, "Van Halen" Engine Cover, Air horn.
Power: Helix Throttle Body Spacer, Magnaflow Exhaust, AEM Brute Force Intake, 2* Timing Advance
Audio: Alpine PDX1.600 Amp, Tech12 sub enclosure, 2 10" Boston G1s.
Center Console Ice Chest Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to RckyMtnTitan For This Useful Post:
rtc1184 (10-16-2008)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 12:23 PM

The Following User Says Thank You to dodson914 For This Useful Post:
rtc1184 (10-16-2008)
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Banned

my problem comes into play that i make ringtones on the side for a little extra money and have 6800 of them made and would love to be able to use those on my iphone
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtc1184 View Post
my problem comes into play that i make ringtones on the side for a little extra money and have 6800 of them made and would love to be able to use those on my iphone
I hear ya man. I had several ringtones for my previous phones that I couldn't get to work on my iPhone. I tried to bluetooth, tried importing into iTunes....no luck. I am being legit about it though.
I am sure there are other ways of doing it too if you don't mind bending or breaking the law.

06 Smoke SE CC 4X4
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TecheTitan View Post
I hear ya man. I had several ringtones for my previous phones that I couldn't get to work on my iPhone. I tried to bluetooth, tried importing into iTunes....no luck. I am being legit about it though.
I am sure there are other ways of doing it too if you don't mind bending or breaking the law.
rules are made to be bent or broken. i mean the iphone is such a hype. you cant set ringtones to email, text messages, voicemail. i honestly probably wouldnt buy another one. i dont know if i dont use all the functions enough to benefit from it. do any of you know if the camera will zoom? if so how? i mean dont get me wrong its a cool phone and all, but the hassel of getting one, and the availability of tones is kinda a pita. i know you cant make everyone happy but they should have dont some r&d with customers and see what they would love to have all bundled up in a phone/pda.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 02:46 PM

Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,927 Posts
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to vilim12

Myxer - Download Ringtones and More
find your song
"download for iphone"
drag into ringtones section in itunes
must be 39 seconds or less to play on iphone, if its not you can customize it to be straight from the site

2008 Nissan Titan Pro-4x CC LWB Smoke
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 06:07 AM

my biggest complaint on the iphone was the mms..if you ever got them you have to go to a site and view them...i gave my wife my iphone and bought a blackberry...lol

2008.5 LE CC SMOKE 4 X 2
TINTED WINDOWS
MAGNAFLOW SINGLE SIDE EXHAUST
US SPEED BILLET GRILLES
GOT THE HOOK UP FROM TECH12VOLT
AIR BOX MOD WITH TRUFLOW AIR FILTER

http://www.myspace.com/underdawgg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top