Nissan Titan Forum banner

Kentucky Titans Roll Call

12K views 92 replies 27 participants last post by  jennnissan 
#1 ·
Ok Fellow Titan owners in Kentucky, time to stand up and be counted.

Please check in and introduce yourself and let's see where this leads.

I'l start off. We are located in Oldham County, just northeast of Louisville.
All my truck info is in my sig and I bleed blue.... Go Cats!

Additionally, I'd like to propose a Titan meet in the Louisville area, preferably during the Kentucky Derby festivities. It's the best time of year around here. The Derby is always the first Saturday in May, however festival activities begin a couple of weeks earlier with the largest fireworks show in North America.

A meet in the Louisville area would ideally draw from St. Louis to the west, Cincinnati to the east, Indianapolis to the north, and Nashville to the south.
All easy drives on either I-64,I-71, or I-65.

Ok your turn. Let's hear from you!

Bill ( Bootzon )

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm still hangin in Western KY, about 3.5 hrs away from L'ville. I sure hope we ain't the only ones to chime in........I'm in Nashville a lot as my brother live off of 109 in Lebanon. That would even work for me with the free lodging! lol. My sis used to live off of the Dixie hwy, but she lives in Paducah too now...

#3 ·
Guess im next...

Bowling Green, Ky... I bleed Blue and Red, dont ask me how but when it comes down to it im a true UK fan.

A meet sounds great, but ive got an urge to sale the T, and get a new camaro all the sudden. So if ive got my truck im in.

#6 ·
Might not work, I thought the internet was just making it's way to kentucky lol

#8 ·
Wes, great looking Titan there in corvetteville USA.

AF Medic, Thanks for your service in the frozen wilderness. Guess the news hasn't gotten way up north yet. He11, we've had the internet for years here in the Bluegrass State ... it's SHOES we don't have.

Reactions: BigWes64
#9 ·
bbomar here......

I live in Louisville, and have a heavily modified beast!!! :D

Some around here, call me Ben!! LOL

#10 ·
drjfjr welcome to titan talk and the Kentucky thread. Who is your dealer in Louisville. I bought mine from Neil Huffman. If I remember correctly BBomar got his at Collins.

Speaking of his excellency BBomar........ Glad you checked in Ben! Have your ears been burning?
I mentioned you in this thread >>>
.............http://www.titantalk.com/forums/hun...w-do-turkeys-know-its-not-hunting-season.html
I've been waiting for you to respond, lol. :poke:

#11 ·
Yes Bill, I bought mine at Collins (Friend is the sales manager)...:D

As for the thread....

I've seen it now!!! :rofl:

#13 ·
Ben, I've been meaning to ask you for some time about that Daytona avatar.
What's the story on that?

#14 ·
I've been working on cleaning out my garage for a reason.....:eyebrow:

Type 65 Coupe

#16 ·
You can ride in my truck any time!! :rofl:

#18 ·
Ben that is SWEEEEEET! Good Luck!
Hope Santa brought you some good tools.

F1 read my mind. Guess I'll take 2nd dibs on shotgun.

#22 ·
Hello fellow Kentuckians, I would have posted earler but I didn't know this thread existed. Well I live in the very small coal mining county of Hazard. I have a 08.5 King Cab 4X4 SE.
Oh yeah Bootzon, that lake in the background of you picture looks familiar.. As soon as I clean my truck up I will post a pic.

#23 ·
Ricky Thanks for checking in! My wife and I met while attending Morehead State University back in the late 70's/early eighties. That shot was taken at Cave Run Lake in October when we came back for homecoming weekend.
First time back on campus in twenty years or more. Very fond memories of our time in Eastern Kentucky.

Where did you buy your Titan? Tell us about it.

#24 ·
hey kentuckyians...

didn't know this thread existed, but bootzon turned me onto it once he found out i was back in the great state of KY.

born/raised in se ky (whitesburg, ky), then left for the army in '93. i lived in san jose, ca 'til jan '08 when i moved back here. now i live in the louisville area.

this is my second titan, had the '04, but with all the "teething problems" of a new line (mostly the brakes), i decided to get a nissan fronty for a bit. then i bought my current titan at superior nissan in fremont, cali...and she's been across the country already and often times she's pulling my 30' ft passport ultralite camping trailer!

#25 ·
Welcome Bluegrassbandit! Thanks for checking in.
That's two from Eastern Kentucky now. If you are on your second Titan, I suppose that makes you a two star owner.
Thanks for your service BTW. Are you out now or reserves?

We're starting to make a good showing here in the Kentucky thread.
Let's keep it rolling.

#26 · (Edited)
I'm in Hopkinsville for the past 36 years, born and raised in Campbellsville, claim to fame, went to school with Clem Haskins in the 60's. Clem went on to play in the NBA and coached at Western. Bought my Titan on e-bay from the origional owner with 8 thousand miles. Flew down to Houston and drove her back. Only two complaints. Brakes and interior quality. But still a great truck. Would love to upgrade brakes but probably easier/cheaper to trade. Spend a lot of my time on www.bigbikeriders.com because of my love for motorcycles and the Valkyrie in particular. Main similarity between the two is a lot of motor and not so much brakes. My local dealer has been great about service even though I didn't buy from them. So far they have replaced a defective windshield, the rotors and pads once, and then turned the rotors after about a year and installed another set of pads. Would love to share some time with other Titan enthuiasts with the economy will ease up some. I'm a self employeed contractor and things are really slow right now. Hope ypu all have a great year!

#28 ·
Ditto on 4mula's welcome Tank. Glad you checked in.

What year is your truck? If you search the brake subject here on the forum you may find a solution you'll be happy with. I haven't had the issue with my 06, so I'm not up on it, but Nissan may be replacing those older brakes with the newer systems for you.

4mula........you're obviously a F1 fan, what other racing? I used to be a fan of U.S. open wheel back when Mansel moved from F1 to Cart and Paul Tracy was testing Rodger Penske's patience , but when Tony George started the IRL and open wheel split up I kinda got fed up with all of them. Now I mostly follow NASCAR. However if it has 4 wheels and goes fast I have to watch.
I've done some work for a website called RacingWest.com covering the Kentucky Speedway mostly. Also an unlimited hydroplane fan.

#29 ·
If it's got an engine, I like it. Nascar has kinda lost something, but I still watch it. I've been to 5 USGP F1 races at Indy, 14 US nationals at Indy and countless races at Bowling Green. I've been to the Nashville superspeedway to see the Indycars run,that won't be coming back, and 6 Nascar races all over the place. If you ever hear a F1 car go by at 19000rpm, you'll be a fan too I guarentee it!!! I guess I'm just a motorhead! LOL

#30 ·
I'll share one of my favorite racing pictures with you guys.

The story behind this photo is that Gil de Ferran crashed his Penske entry hard in turn two at the Kentucky Speedway during the race there in 2002
resulting in a broken arm.

Usually the marks on the walls are painted over after every race. The guy in charge of painting the walls at the Kentucky Speedway was so blown away by the mark left on the wall from this crash, that he REFUSED to paint over it for months or longer. I think finally Speedway management threatened his job if he didn't do it.

Do you remember as a kid taking a coin under a sheet of paper and then rubbing over it with a pencil, and it results in an impression of the coin on the paper? That's what this mark looks like on the wall, but it's an Indycar.
It's really kind of spooky. You can see both wheels, sidepod, wings, even his helmet. But it isn't really what it appears to be. The marks were all left from the tires scrapping the wall, except the little bit of Marlboro red paint left from the sidepod.

It's God's impressionistic image of an Indycar painted with a
Firestone tire in the blink of an eye. I thought it was amazing and like I said , a little spooky. Glad Gil wasn't injured any worse.

Just thought I'd share it with you guys, I have copyrighted the image and like the watermark states, No duplication or redistribution without permission.
Hope you like it.

Attachments

#33 ·
Tank what kind of contracting do you do? What's your specialties?

#35 ·
I am doing mostly residential remodeling. Kitchens, baths, ceramic tile, hardwood floors, ect. I managed a lumber yard for 20 years and finally decided it was time to work for myself.

As far as the brake issue goes, I believe Nissan has done all they are going to do. However I may take one more pass at them. I am aware that I can retro-fit the larger later model brakes but at around 1K I'll be holding off on that a while. By the way I have an 05 White CC LE 4X4 with big tow package. I,m running a set of 08 QX 56 20's that I found on the forum.

#34 ·
actually, i am now retired from the army. had a back injury while on a mission in 2004, and had to eventually have surgery in 2007. on the road to recovery now.

i grew up on Cowan, about nine miles outside of Whitesburg. I still go back to SE KY about twice a year to visit friends/family in the area. Will be camping at Dewey Lake in Jenny Wiley SP, Prestonsburg, KY this coming April.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.