Transfer Case Plug locations - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Engine, Transmission & Drivetrain Technical discussion about the engine, transmission, and drivetrain.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 AM
ABC

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Transfer Case Plug locations

Just traded my dodge 1500 4.7l 2wd for a 4x4 Titan SE and I'm extremely happy with it so far. It has 215,000 mostly highway miles and drives perfect. On the downside, the transmission fluid is pretty burnt and I'm sure the transfer case isn't much better. I will be changing the transmission fluid tomarrow if everything goes right and the transfer case fluid today. What I need to know is where are the plugs on the transfer case. In the picture below, is the fill hole the left bolt and the drain hole the right bolt?

Last edited by ABC; 04-12-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 08:28 PM

Re: Transfer Case Plug locations

hope so, those are the ones i used when i changed mine
#3 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 08:37 PM

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Your on the right track. Throw some Mobil 1 synthetic ATF in there and you'll be good to go. You can also use amsoil, Redline, or even the genuine Nissan stuff if you like. Just make sure you go with something synthetic.

2005 Nissan Titan LE 4x4 King Cab, Off Road and Tow packages, Leather Interior, Blizzard White, 5.6 V-8, Auto Trans
Visit My Gallery

MODS
Parrot MKi9200 BlueTooth - All LED Interior Lighting - Rear Axle Vent - 08+ Shackles - Genuine Nissan Tailgate Chrome Cover - Stainless Titan Door Sills - WeatherTech In Channel Window Visors - Michelin LTX M/S 2 Tires - Anzo Black Halo Headlights - Grounding Kit - A/C Drain Tube - Rear Under Seat Storage Bin

#4 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 02:47 PM
ABC

Did the transmission fluid yesterday and it shifts even better now. Just did the transfer case and now it won't go into 4hi. I can switch it in and it does the clicks and the thing beside it's mileage show all four wheels lit up but the 4x4 indicator won't come on. The 4lo indicator will come on when I put it in 4lo. The indicator light works because it still lights on start up; what could be my problem? I used just over 2 quarts of Nissan matic d.
#5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 02:50 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

Thanked 20,480 Times in 12,168 Posts
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

4x4 indicator only comes on when it goes into low I think.

BaldWhore
Starfishwhore

Red meat is not bad for you.
Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

You know you had a great night last night when you make it home the next day missing at least half your clothes.

It's not the zombies you have to watch out for. It's the stupid people.
#6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 03:02 PM
ABC

Upon further inspection of the manual, I agree. The 4wd indiator is a warning indicator; if blinking or illuminated while the truck is running, there is a problem. I misunderstood the book in my haste to figure out what the problem was. Thanks for all your help guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top