07 Titan won't move after battery replacement - Nissan Titan Forum
Titan Engine, Transmission & Drivetrain Technical discussion about the engine, transmission, and drivetrain.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
07 Titan won't move after battery replacement

Hi everyone. Was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this problem I am having and/or could offer some advice. Right before Christmas, I had a remote start installed on my Titan. It worked great for a day and a half and then the truck would not start - dead as a door nail. The new remote start had drained the battery. Seeing that the original battery had never been replaced, I put in a new battery. It started up great (without using the remote since changing the battery erased the code for the remote) but I could barely back it out of the drive and it would barely go forward at all. You can floor it and it will hardly budge. I had it towed to the dealer and they are trying to blame the remote start but I really don't think that's the problem. It was basically ok until I put in a new battery. They (the dealer service dept) is saying a circuit board inside the valve assembly box is blown and it will cost around 2000.00 to fix it. I find it hard to believe my transmission is blown. I barely have over 40000 miles on my truck and there has never been anything wrong with it. Any ideas? I sincerely appreciate any info! Greetings from OkieHomie-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:20 PM

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Re: 07 Titan won't move after battery replacement

Hmmm, that's a tough one. So the dealer absolutely verified that it was a board that was the problem?

Who installed the remote start unit? I would start there and get every single detail as to what they touched and how they wired it up. Every detail. Then i would ask the dealer to show me where the remote start function and wiring even "touches" this board.

Unfortunately, you are at their mercy right now. But this could be a case of someone installing something that they knew nothing about.....

2005 LE CC 4wd - sadly she's gone
Magnaflow Catback
Best 1/4 mile time so far - 15.10 @ 88.86 (Second track appearance)

New ride - 2007 GMC Yukon SLT Black on black fully loaded and bone stock. 15.9 @89mph w/2.54 60ft.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I know-- I'm in a tough spot here. I don't think anybody wants to completely verify anything. All I know is everything was fine until 1) a remote start was put in and 2) a new battery was installed. I will ask the dealer to verify that this circuit board is definitely the problem. Thanks again-
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 AM

This happened to me once on my wifes altima. I accidently grounded the alt cable against the exhaust manifold and blew the main fusible link. The car would start but it barely moved in drive. I used a piece of 14 gauge wire and connected the 2 terminals in the main fuse panel. It worked perfect until I could get to the dealer and order a new fuse. I hope that is all that is wrong with your titan.

07 Titan CC 4X4, SE in white, Big Tow, Utility Bed.

Bully Dog PP
OEM fog light kit
Weather Tech liners
Bilstein 5100 Series

"BETTER TO BE JUDGED BY 12, THAN CARRIED BY 6''.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Premium User
Nissan Titan Status - Premium Member

iTrader Score: 8 reviews

There has been a few people here that have had the tranny circuit board go out after a battery replacement.

08 Pro-4x moonroof,Tow,DVD,SWB,BullyDog Pup,Banks Monster Exahust, Brute Force intake, Total Chaos UCA's,Tuff Country 1.5" leveling kit,1" rear blocks, PWM, Radiator ByPass Mod,Bilstein 5100's,Limo Tint,325/65R18 Goodyear Duratracs,Black 18x9 5.71", +18mm, Rims,

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Matt and AZPRO! That would be awesome if it's just a fuse problem. I will most definitely bring this up with the dealer tomorrow. I really do appreciate your time and trouble, very much. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Titan Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jump to top