Nissan Titan Forum banner

check transmission

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  LUBECAKES 
#1 ·
I have a used 2007 Titan 5.6. I took it in for service, they did everything except check the transmission. I called back and they finally told me they need to remove a cross member and pull a plug on the automatic transmission to check fluid level- which sounds strange to me. It has a dip stick tube on the engine but it is sealed. Why install a dipstick tube if you don't install a dipstick? What are anyone else's experiences??

#3 ·
OMG...Drive away as quick as possible. If they don't know how to check the tranny fluid they have no business working on your rig.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#4 ·
Get a pair of pliers, yes pliers( or a 10mm socket or wrench) and pop that hood on your baby. Right there on that dipstick tube you will see a bolt on the top, the one you said is sealed. Take out that bolt, yes you can even do it without a socket or wrench set! As you lift up on that little black cap, you'll notice there is a 3 foot long dipstick attached to the other side of it, including markings for high and low levels.. don't let them monkeys anywhere near that truck again. Any other maintaince problems or questions please, feel free too just ask on here, no charge :). The people on this site are a great group of guys and we will do everything we can too help out a fellow member.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Don't drop the transmission dip stick bolt. Between the top of the engine and the ground there is a black hole that all dropped bolts/nuts go into.

#6 ·
Reactions: titanup1201
#7 ·
I'm not sure why pliers were mentioned at all LOL, but you can easily do this job with a 10mm socket. Make sure the truck is fully warmed up and on level ground.
Removing the cross member would be retarded, it's one of the easiest transmissions I've ever done service on.

#9 ·
You're not in trouble.
All you have to do is be detailed in your postings about whatever you want to work on and we'll walk you through it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.