Nissan Titan Forum banner

Loud bang under console during hard acceleration

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Tin-Man 
#1 ·
Ok... I feel that I'm starting an old topic that has been discussed several times on this forum but I could not find the exact description of my problem.

Problem:
During hard acceleration (wide open throttle from a standstill), when the tires hook a very loud bang will come from directly under the center console from the transmission/transfer case area.Sometimes it comes as a series of loud hard bangs. It doesn't sound like it is coming from the rearend. More of the center of the truck. It seems to make this noise when the truck is under a lot of stress like pulling something with a chain.

Truck:
2011 Pro4x
4" lift
35x12.50-20 wheels

#2 ·
Check your diff and transmission fluids. Also check your U Joints.

A little more info would help. Are you lifted? Do the RPMs climb then you lurch forward? Is there any shaking?

#6 ·
Extremely common issue. It will be a recurring issue too. PRG sells a more solid mount. I would get traction bars if i were you.

#5 ·
I'm betting trans mount or slip yoke needing lube. Almost sure its trans mount, as 37L1 said.

#7 ·
Trac bars, tranny mount, and likely a drive shaft spacer are in your future.

#9 ·
Trac bars will probably be my next mod. I only have 1.5" spacers, but with my truetrack and all terrains (falken rocky moutains, ugly tire but dry pavement grip is insane). I can feel the springs unloading. If I launch hard and let off the throttle while torque is at its peak there is a lot of movement.

#8 ·
Transmission mount. The tail shaft of your transmission is hitting the floor of your truck when you accelerate. Easy fix.

#12 ·
In the second pic the rubber looks cracked. if you put a jack under it and lift up youll see the rubber separate where its torn. This is a more common issue on these trucks then blown rear ends, cracked manifolds, and sh1tty paint. lol

#13 ·
i had this same thing in my old titan. It ended up being a bad transmission mount. Relatively cheap and easy fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.