Nissan Titan Forum banner

Front drive shaft propeller replacement alignment

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Farm Hand 
#1 ·
2005 Titan King Cab with 100K miles with vibration at highway speeds. Broken u-joint at the front propeller near the transfer case. I must have improperly seated the u-joint because when I drove the truck in four wheel drive, the ear on the yoke snapped.

Now I have a full driveshaft propeller on its way but I am not sure if it is as simple as just bolting it back into place. Does it have a certain alignment that is necessary? I did not mark the old busted shaft so I have no idea which way to line up the bolt holes.

Does it need to be balanced?

I am reluctant to screw up another driveshaft as the replacement cost me $300.00.

Thanks.

#2 ·
It doesn't matter for alignment. Just get the bolts in and tighten them down. Where did you get the replacement? Brand new or used? Every driveshaft should be balanced. If it's got a weight on it, it has been balanced. Some driveshafts don't need weights but those are magical perfect driveshafts. I've only built a couple that didn't need any weights.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I ordered part 37200ZZ70A new from a dealership. I do not recall seeing any magnets on the original part that broke. Maybe that was the cause of the vibrations. One of the u-joints was definitely bad. I have been driving the truck with the front drive shaft off and the vibrations are gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.