Nissan Titan Forum banner

Anyone have this noise in their transmission?

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  LaxDfns15 
#1 ·
I have noticed my t making a noise that seems to be coming from the right area of my tranny pan.
Has anyone ever heard this? Sounds like some kind of electrical buzz.
It starts when i turn the ignition to on and never goes away.

https://vimeo.com/142191661

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I found one thread so far that died in 2006 and another similar issue on just answer that the guy just had him take it to the dealer. There were no conclusions.
I guess im just going to have to take it in sometime.

Still looking for ideas or answers if anyone has had his "issue" or knows what it could be.
I have only listened to one truck from a member here and his did not make the noise. So i am assuming it is not normal.

#3 ·
I have something similar to that when the truck is in On, but it's not that loud. I'll check it out today after work to see if it's coming from a similar spot. I've never had any issues and only notice it when I test my lights or something that doesn't require me to start the truck. Can't hear it if the truck's running.

#4 ·
Yeah, i noticed mine sitting in the seat some time ago changing the tune. I started wondering. Hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with the superchips...
Anyways, thanks for the reply! Def let me know if it is the same place or not.

#6 ·
Been doing it a while? I know i have issues, but none transmission wise that i know of. Maybe it is normal.

#8 ·
Oh hell! Well, i guess i will not worry too much then. See how it goes.

#9 ·
I didn't crawl under the truck, but I did hear it better from closer to the transmission. It's definitely not as loud as yours, just a buzz that you can hear if you have the hood open or are standing next to the passenger door. I don't know if it started when I put my tuner on the truck or if it's been there forever. Nothing's happened due to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.