Nissan Titan Forum banner

Oil leak identification help

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Walrus 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

While changing my oil this past weekend I noticed a (non-metal) line covered in oil - it originates near the left side of the engine (looking from the front, shown in the first pic) & runs down underneath and is held with a clamp that also holds a metal line (later 2 pics).

Can you guys help me identify this hose? And is this a common leak?

'06 Titan with 114k miles...

TIA!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks like the supply line to the pump. I've seen those go bad on Nissan products.

#5 ·
Thanks guys - yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the PS line; during a recent brake service the tech noticed my PS fluid was a bit low & he added some...and I was too stupid to look further into why the fluid level was low.

Saw some posts about the Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak product which looks promising, and some mentions of potential aftermarket options for the lines? Any wisdom from the group would be much appreciated, and thanks for the help!

#6 ·
The hose goes to schit. You can replace the clamp and get another year out of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.